The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » LF Thumb Tip holder (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Looking for a holder for thumb tips. A holder that would hold 2 or 3 thumb tips and attach inside a pocket with either Velcro or snaps.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13193 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I can certainly have one made for you.
Do you have a sketch?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
I got one at a lecture which was just made of thin plastic.
Pretty sure you could make something simple with some cardboard and safety pins, but I guess you're looking for something more permanent.
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
444 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
I use film catridges as TT holders. You know those old school non-DSLR cameras where you use a ROLL of FILMS that you'd need to develope after shooting? Well, the plastic tubes that holds the film roll works very well as TT holders. I've used them before when my act needed them. I don't perform that routine anymore.

Hope it helps.
patrick1515
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of patrick1515
Jay Scott Berry sells a cloth one.
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
I'll bet you could find some sort of bandolier that was originally designed to hold film cannisters or shotgun shells. For instance, here's a shell holder made for the buttstock of a shotgun -- I'll bet you could adapt it for your intended use.
http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-Butt......l+holder
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1647 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
David Oliver has one that he makes for your pants or jacket pocket.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
drmolarmagic
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn NY
37 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Just came across this thread, I made a holder for multiple TTs.
It a large version of the traditional thimble holder.
Holds up to 4 TTs, can be pinned into packet, under jacket, wherever.
Can I post a photo or is this too public?
Bruce
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
463 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
You might look into older books dealing with hold outs for thimble routines...something might work as is or trigger an idea.
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Speaking about vanishes ,The greatest effect would be to obtain a full time job!
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Get an eye screw, a rubber stopper which fits your tt and a safety pin. Screw the eye screw into the top of the stopper . Insert the pin through the eye. Make as many holders as you need pin them inside your pocket. I bought one of these a convention. It is not my design. All parts available at Home depot or lowes. Glenn
Speaking about vanishes ,The greatest effect would be to obtain a full time job!
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1465 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Try a cell phone holder that clips on your belt. There are many different types in Walmart and Dollar General. As long as it is somehow covered from sight,
Ihor
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2018, Glenn Watson wrote:
Get an eye screw, a rubber stopper which fits your tt and a safety pin. Screw the eye screw into the top of the stopper . Insert the pin through the eye. Make as many holders as you need pin them inside your pocket. I bought one of these a convention. It is not my design. All parts available at Home depot or lowes. Glenn

I believe this is actually how a particular fish trick is done? The easiest way I have found to carry and use multiple tips at a time is by just putting them between my pants waist band and body.
To hate those who hate is righteous.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » LF Thumb Tip holder (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL