The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DMC Black/Gold marked deck (191 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31..40~41~42 [Next]
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Hi Greig, really glad you like the deck! Ref: next gen, it's slow going at the moment - we are talking over crucial details like the texture of the box, which doesn't seem like a big deal then they sent me a sample pack of like a hundred amazing textures and I had to pick one. Biggest change is likely to be the four corner marking, but we're talking about a few other changes too, like making the one-way on the back a bit stronger (since I have actually got a few things that use it now, lol). There will likely be a difference in the feel of the cards (because we are changing manufacturers) and how the actual box is made, but we are being fairly strict about maintaining a high standard for the brand because we've come along way.

Great Musashi quote btw!

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
157 Posts

Profile of Davdo
Speaking of the one-way, any chance of getting a clue as to how that works? I feel like the only kid in class that couldn't figure that one out... PM, of course..

Thanks.

Dave
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Riffle the deck and look at the top right corner. It's not very clear at range which is one of the reasons I've revised it.

Phill
Davdo
View Profile
Regular user
New York
157 Posts

Profile of Davdo
***... I feel dumb. Thanks!
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
144 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
Phill, any chance the new decks will be traditionally cut so that they faro well face down? Thanks.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
423 Posts

Profile of minty
I don't suppose you'll be at The Event this coming Friday, Phill? With Rouge stock for sale and/or a peek at the next generation?
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Not at the Event of the Session unfortunately this year, sorry, but I'm currently at Total War with Blackpool so if you're coming stop by the Miscellaneous Miracles stand upstairs - in addition to the ELITES I *have* got new decks coming out that aren't DMC decks...

Have fun at The Event for me!

Phill
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Hi Phil, I think you were shooting for releasing around Blackpool. How’s it coming, ready for me to buy a brick yet?
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Hi BL, we weren't going to release at Blackpool, I launched the Peter Turner Resurrected deck and prelunched the Identity deck there, but no new ELITES. We have locked in the design, supplier, we have a few samples of the new green deck and it is THE BEST. We are finalizing the box then we will press go with the manufacturers and then it will be a few more months. It's like wading through treacle at the moment I swear.

Phill
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Green? Interesting, I thought blue was mentioned before. I'll pick up a brick regardless, but just curious, why the change? Is the gaff deck still coming?

If you need someone to beta test the samples you received let me know... After all I am officially the biggest fan of the Elites. =)
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Hi BL, yes we were talking about a Midnight edition with dark blue but we have pivoted a bit since pinning down supplier and me and DMC both decided that the British Racing Green colour was cool so we are going with that for this edition. I do like a green deck and from my Westminsters I know there's a bunch of people who feel the same.

This edition is the biggest update yet, if I had more than one sample deck I'd share but sadly not.

The plan is still to release the Pro Elements deck (the gaffs) once the greens are out and about but it takes time to get these things right so apologies for the long wait.

It's frustrating because we are basically about to run out of red ELITES so there might be a bit of a drought for a couple of months. If anyone is pondering grabbing some ELITES now is the time really because there's less than a hundred decks. Nightmare for me basically.

Phill
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Looking forward to the next gen of Elites with my favourite colour Green Smile Cant wait, ill be buying a brick for sure. Do we have a price point we're looking at and will you be offering a discount for the bricks like you did with the Elites?

Thanks in advance

Greig.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Bump
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Hi Greig, we are hoping to keep the price point around the same. We are also looking into getting a non-marked deck that will be available for a MUCH lower price, but everything always takes forever sorry.

Phill
LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
Hi Phill,

Is the non-marked deck going to have the same design as the marked deck? As that will allow for some nice effects using both.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Yes the plan is literally to use the same back, same faces, identical everything basically but just unmarked, and we can hit a price point at least comparable to bikes for daily use.

Phill
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Any update on the Marked and Unmarked decks yet Phill? Cant wait ☺
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Bump Smile
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I FINALLY picked up the Rogue deck. I can’t wait to get them in my hands. They look great, and it sounds like the new generation are even better.

I for one would LOVE an alphabet deck of these cards. That would be about as perfect as could be.

Madison
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Hi team, just waiting for the final production sample from the supplier before we OK the final print for the next gen decks. It's doing my nut in waiting

Phill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DMC Black/Gold marked deck (191 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30~31..40~41~42 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL