The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Announcements (Please Read) » » A new grammar host » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I am proud to announce the addition of our newest Grammar Host, Darrin Cook.

Darrin has a vast magical background, and is sure to make a fine addition to our Cafe team! Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I am happy that Darrin is with us--and he is well-qualified for the job, as he is also a high school English teacher!

He is also my friend and protege. Along with my good buddy Vic Brisbin, The Cafe is starting to have a strong Idaho contigent on the staff! Whether that's good or bad is up to you all to decide.

Regardless, it's good to have you aboard, Darrin!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Is that American English? Smile

Paul.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Yeah--the good kind. It's my favourite!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Geoff Williams
View Profile
Special user
St. Pete Beach, FL
617 Posts

Profile of Geoff Williams
Okay, both of you, take it outside!

:)

Welcome, Darrin!
"Saját légpárnás tele van angolnák."

(Hungarian for "My hovercraft is full of eels")
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Thanks, one and all. I agreed to become part of the staff because I believe the Magic Cafe has done --and will continue to do-- great things for the art of magic.

I share Steve's goal of a high-class forum that is legible and reflects well on us as magicians, avoiding the "WUZUP??!! B4 I START U NEED 2 C MY NEW WEBCYTE..." sort of nonsense that makes no one look good.
Timotheous
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Timotheous
Welcome Darrin

I'm sure we will have some run in's..... hehehe... I got a problem with holding down the periods.... hehe.... seee....

I've done this for so long that It's second nature.... hehe

really... is there somewhere I can go to get the......... somewhat out of my posts....

It's kinda like I want people to think on the last sentance. But just one period dosn't seem to explain the previlance?

Or should I go back to school and do it the normal way?

Thanks for being here. Really.

Later
Timothy Laws

Scott.....

You must be charging a fortune for your shows... hehehe

You have over 1400 posts here.... man do you have some serious time...

:) Your friend....

Tim
Check out my first release!
"Timotheous Paradox"
http://www.cardmsg.com/magicfxshop/timotheous-paradox.htm
"Magic is real! We performers use tools to tap the magic that's within all of us" -Timotheous
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Hi Darrin,

Congrats on your new position as Grammar Host! Smile

This really is an excellent site and I know you will be a great asset to it.

Now, when can we incorporate a spell checker? One in American English, and one for our friends across the pond!

Best to you Darrin,

Joe Marotta
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Welcome aboard Darrin. He is a teacher, an innovator, and a brave soul to venture into the worlds of restaurant magic and standup comedy. The advantage to living in "Spudville," as we do here in Idaho, is that you have a certain amount of anonymity until you're ready to burst onto bigger stages and scenes. So far, I have seen no potato tricks. This saddens me. Why not substitute a russet for an egg, and do the potato bag. Or be like "Mike," and toppit a scoop of mashed potatoes? Just a few of the ideas we share with visitors to the "Gem State." If you find yourself in Boise (and why would you?), check with to attend our Assembly 275 meetings.

All kidding aside, in addition to the local pool of talent, Idaho is known as the home of the great Ray Grismer, and by coincidence, the somewhat infamous Jeff Busby.

But I digress, welcome "Darrin." Smile
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
Jimmy Lee
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
682 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Lee
hmmm....are you paid for the job?
Anyway, welcome Darrin! Smile
Magically Yours,

Jimmy...
a guy from a tropical island in South East Asia
..oops...where did he disappeared to????
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Quote:
On 2002-06-23 16:45, Jimmy Lee wrote:
hmmm....are you paid for the job?
Anyway, welcome Darrin! Smile

HA! Yes, we are paid in tirades by the people whose posts we edit/delete!

Just kidding--for the most part, the members are very good about this. but to answer your question seriously Jimmy, no we receive no financial compensation. But we do get to "meet" all of you guys! Smile

Scott
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Announcements (Please Read) » » A new grammar host » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL