The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Thin cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
A while back I bought a deck that came with an extra 26 cards; the entire deck was "thin" and about the size/weight of a pack of regular bikes. But, they're gone, and I need to replace them. I was thinking I got them somewhere in Europe, but cannot confirm. Help with the name and supplier?

Lee
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Phoenix brand Double Deckers by Card-shark (Germany) www.card-shark.de
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
719 Posts

Profile of Bill08
I think the Phoenix Double Deckers come with 52 extra cards, so they would be exactly half the thickness of normal playing cards
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
I checked the back design and the ones I had were not Phoenix backs (unless Card Shark makes another deck of "thins".

Lee
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
The other thin decks are Protea. I've not seen any U.S. sellers of the plain deck. Perhaps someone can post a link if they know where to get them. They usually come in "Phil" versions. You can buy the deck from European dealers:

http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/protea-thin-deck-c2x14017549

I believe these are made in South Africa.
guyjr
View Profile
New user
Don't mind me and my
57 Posts

Profile of guyjr
Yeah I was going to say, I think mine are the Phil type. If you do find them please post back, would love to have a couple myself.
billmarq
View Profile
Special user
State near Arizona
570 Posts

Profile of billmarq
@espmagic - If you are thinking of the Phil Deck or Phil Pus Deck from Trevor Duffie, both Hocus-Pocus and Penguin have the Phil Plus2 deck and the Blank Phil Plus2 deck.
Honi soit quit mal y pense.
dleiber
View Profile
New user
Temecula, CA, USA
29 Posts

Profile of dleiber
This post won't help if you want the same that you had before or need a deck with more than 54 cards, but if it's just thin cards you want, it might. I recently got a deck of rainbow-back manipulation cards from an Asian source on eBay and they are about 60% the thickness of a standard card.
JH5magic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of JH5magic
I just purchased "The Fifth Card" put out by Alakazam Magic UK and it comes with a Protea 333 deck. It may be an expensive way for you to obtain the deck, but it came with an undoctored Protea deck. The accomapying DVD explains how to mark the cards for that particular effect, but you could ignore it and use the deck for your own purposes.

You can see the back design in this YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwlrFJgvz6o

All the best,
John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Thin cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL