The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPearing Soon... » » New iOS App: Earworm - a YouTube and Spotify song prediction effect (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Robvs is obviously not tech savvy.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
The app is runing fine, I do not understand about what Robvs is complaining to be honest. There is an apple issue so one of the input methods is still a small problem. Unfortunately in Germany you run too often into the problem that YouTube doesn't play a popular song due to strict legal restrictions as the German society of GEMA (a pain in the ... BTW) is claiming money for artists and repeatedly sued Google successfully. They want to avoid the trouble and simply do not deliver the requested stuff (or a lot of stuff) over here. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Houdiniemals
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Houdiniemals
Thank you, JanForster! That's exactly the info I was looking for and I already expected issues with this app (not caused by the app, but by GEMA as mentioned by Jan) here in Germany... So it's basically unuseable here Smile
Johannes L.
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
692 Posts

Profile of Johannes L.
Alright, it might have been stated in the thread but two questions,

Is it available for Android?

Does it work in any language?
The Rain Man Glimpse

Effect: The mentalist memorize any kind of information in less than a second. $5
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
For those in Germany maybe using Spotify instead of YouTube?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Too many people don't use it and unless you have an upgrade account with spotify songs don't start to play... Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I don't use this for songs. You can predict any YouTube video you like. I use just the artist name, or any famous person, or my favourite is predicting a location, ala, city prediction type of effect.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
To predict cities I would know a better alternative...
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I prefer this version and I have both.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
If you aren't keeping the phone facedown and then turning the volumn up so they can hear the song playing as the first reveal then you are slightly missing the point.

It's very rare to find a piece that plays to a different sense other than sight.

This is magic for the ears and that is part of what makes this so great - love it!!!!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Not so great when an ad starts to play instead though, is it?
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Not so great when an ad starts to play instead though, is it?

No, I agree the ads are a shame.

However, I believe the maximum length of ads is 30 seconds.
So, some well thought out patter should be able to cope with that
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I hear you David, although my patter would send people to sleep post 30 secs.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, David Klass wrote:
If you aren't keeping the phone facedown and then turning the volumn up so they can hear the song playing as the first reveal then you are slightly missing the point.

It's very rare to find a piece that plays to a different sense other than sight.

This is magic for the ears and that is part of what makes this so great - love it!!!!

Might be true. However, there is something to be said about being completely hands off after the effect has been accomplished. Manipulating volume buttons may be suspicious to some I think.
NebA
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of NebA
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, Robvs wrote:

Might be true. However, there is something to be said about being completely hands off after the effect has been accomplished. Manipulating volume buttons may be suspicious to some I think.

Possibly, but the spectators can raise the volume themselves, so it still is basically hands off and not suspicious
eddie2m
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of eddie2m
Has anyone had problems with the persons phone locking up after you imput the website in their phone? After it was unlocked the website was Google. Do I tell them to change the settings for the lock? Thanks
Rob
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, eddie2m wrote:
Has anyone had problems with the persons phone locking up after you imput the website in their phone? After it was unlocked the website was Google. Do I tell them to change the settings for the lock? Thanks
Rob

Good point Rob would like to know the answer to this as a lot of phones are on a short lock down period
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1204 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2015, Tarik Flash wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2015, eddie2m wrote:
Rob

Good point Rob would like to know the answer to this as a lot of phones are on a short lock down period

You need to routine this so the dirty work is done fairly early on.
Once the dirty work has been done their device will have the YouTube video playing , which means that their phone is active and won't lock down.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thank you David 😃
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
454 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
All - iOS 8.3 was released today which fixes one of the solo input methods for Earworm. Current users - update and give it a go!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPearing Soon... » » New iOS App: Earworm - a YouTube and Spotify song prediction effect (117 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL