The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Engraved a new MetalWriting effect (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
Hello my magical friends!
In April I plan to release this new creation that I call Engraved. MetalWriting is a method to get an engraving on a metal surface. I made a list of the request that I had myself and those I have received from the magic community. The next idea I would develop should match these twelve requests:

1. It should look like an ordinary object
2. It should as well be used as an historical artefact
3. it should have a timeless design
4. It should fit different performers and performing styles
5. Two performers should be able to use it without recognition from the audience
6. It should be appealing to both magicians and mentalists
7. It should be adaptable to the performers skills and body language - multiple moves, different palming techniques, and different level of sleight of hand
8. It should be fun to use and play with
9. It should be a recognized object for the performer - easy to adopt in the existing act
10. It should, with minor changes, be usable on stage, parlour and close-up
11. The price would be around 150 US dollars, which was about a third of my previous price ranges
12. But even so a quality made, and crafted item

For a few month a few brilliant performers - Peter Turner, Colin McLeod and Luca Volpe have been using it, in different situations and their feedback is awesome.

This is the first trailer that we release today - more to come.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMBhywnMwA&feature=youtu.be

Best
Andreas Sebring
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Guys, Andres sent me long time ago the prop and I have been using from quite some time. Let me tell you that this is a very powerful tool that you can have with you all the time (I have used on stage and close up) and comes with a lot of routine and ideas.
I love this and Im sure you will too!
Harry the magic man
View Profile
Loyal user
Spokane, Washington
270 Posts

Profile of Harry the magic man
I am now very excited for this!
Harry
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Life is very long- T.S. Eliot "The Hollow Men"
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Andreas shared the secret with me a week or so ago and I am SO impressed.

I've never used any metal writing, but this one would be the one I would purchase. It is so versatile and can be used in anything from close up to stage. Seeing the workings made me really want to get it. And I may!

Plus you get a LOT for the price. I was blown away by how many bits and pieces are included.
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
I remember a Café member, that had an idea similar to this. Only that he wanted to engrave a participants name on a dog tag. Smile
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
Oliver Wallen
View Profile
Regular user
London
152 Posts

Profile of Oliver Wallen
This sounds absolutely outstanding.
Have I completely misinterpreted it as being very similar to a n*** w*****? If so then this gimmick exceeds the previous by a long shot.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2015, Oliver Wallen wrote:
Have I completely misinterpreted it as being very similar to a n*** w*****? If so then this gimmick exceeds the previous by a long shot.

I think you've misinterpreted it hehe
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
MetalWriting is a unique method that make it possible to do things you couldn't have done before. That is why Jonathan Pendragon uses it as well, so does a lot of other top performers. In this new release I have collected 5 years of thinking in the text. 20 different routines and theory, methods and ideas that no-one have performed. You will get a tool-box that help you create unlimited routines. Engraved comes with 20 different pictures, ideas of how you will get the information, different methods for doing the engraving, 6 Methods to do the engraving in front of your audience without no one ever notice. Theory of how to accomplish different effects (yes a prediction is only one effect - loads of others).

A few months ago I released my pocket watch. The routine Time and Time again, shows an uncut performance - and yes, the routine is also included, because you can turn Engraved into a watch as well. And if you wonder. Richard Osterlind also like Metalwriting and he gave me the permission to use his watch fxxxe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE3peVIY_dw
Oliver Wallen
View Profile
Regular user
London
152 Posts

Profile of Oliver Wallen
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2015, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2015, Oliver Wallen wrote:

I think you've misinterpreted it hehe

I don't know. "6 methods of doing the engraving in front of your audience without anyone noticing" sounds very mugh the same as a n*** w*****.
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
No a N W is not the method to get an engraving into a metal surface. My method is unique and everyone can confirm that the word, symbol number or sentence are IN FACT engraved.
Oliver Wallen
View Profile
Regular user
London
152 Posts

Profile of Oliver Wallen
Okay, I see where my mistake has come from. Thank you for correcting me.

Apologies for any confusion. I think engraved sounds extremely powerful.

Oli
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
Peter Turner is a brilliant performer and I'm so proud to show you guys, his version and wonderful routine with Engraved. Peter is amazing. He walks out in a park, ask a lady to support him and perform a beautiful piece of magic, with a story that gives me goose bumps. Peters routine is also included in the booklet.

Now it is time to make a wish come true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A_Arhsz3f4&feature=youtu.be
truman
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of truman
I enjoyed the video. Thank you for sharing that. It's nice to see Pete back in the saddle again as well. I wasn't able to hear the end of the video so well because of the background music and what sounded like a jet plane passing by, but I think I got the overall picture. Well done.
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Is this out yet?
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
I got a confirmation that the DVD should be ready at the 20th of April. The first thing I will do is to close the deal with all you guys that have PM me, and then hopefully in the next days my brother Arkadia will make it available from the website www.metalwriting.com

Best
Andreas
Amro
View Profile
New user
Room 217
51 Posts

Profile of Amro
This looks great and I am looking forward to the release.
I wanted to buy from metalwriting anyway but I have one question. In the descriptions of other products (e.g. Eye of Odin) it says "extra refills" and that it will last for 150-200 shows. I suppose something similar applies to Engraved as well?!
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
Amro! Yes the method is the same and so is the refills. Extra refills that last for about 200 new shows is 50 sek- or about £5, $7, €6.
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
Now I finally have finished the booklets. There is a lot routines and ideas for different situations: Readings, close up mentalism, stage and parlour, bizarre, kids shows (Yes there are, and it is possible) Magic tricks and basically loads of stuff.

There are Routines, ideas, moves and methods that I think are brilliant with contributions from Peter Turner, Colin McLeod, Luca Volpe, Bob Cassidy, Lars-Peter Loeld and Rainer Mees as well. I'm sure that no one will be disappointed Smile

Right now my brother Arkadia is editing the DVD and I am creating the last parts. I have made about 100 units now and out of them, a few are promised away and a few are pre ordered.

I'm so looking forward for sharing this with you guys and ladies!
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
I can't wait to order this
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
Tomorrow the booklets are printed. 71 pages Smile one with the contents of handling and methods and one with routines and ideas. The DVD will also be ready tomorrow - 2hrs of material. Hopefully everything, including an updated website, will be ready next week.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Engraved a new MetalWriting effect (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL