The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Engraved a new MetalWriting effect (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
So when can I buy it?
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
On monday everything should be ready. The website will be updated sunday night and then on monday orders should be possible. Hoppefully I can ship away the first units on tuesday.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
This feels like a limited conversation with the creator talking to the creator...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
For me personaly this laks one thing
You cant give the medalion away for them to keep!
Without it being very expencieve!

Or am I wrong?
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Has the website already been publicized, or will it be unveiled on Mon?

Regards,
Mike
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
Brehan: This is not that kind of effect. None of the routines are scripted ti hand out the key ring or the necklace. This is a question that have been dealt since I introduced the Eye of Odin, three years ago. If you want to hand out a souvenir to the spectator - this is not the best trick, neither is the linking rings. I understand that the Enigmalization is very appealing and tempting. For that effect there is a better solution. With Metalwriting you will be able to do the engraving over and over again in ANY situation, but you can't hand out the amulet. I don't think that we always need to hand out our props. If you look at the video with Peter Turner, then ask yourself - would this effect be better, if he would give the keyring away?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A_Arhsz3f4&feature=youtu.be

During the five years I have been working with my method, I never have felt the need for giving it away, and the audience have never asked either. Because it is my object, sometimes it is even presented as a personal object or a relic. If it is a relic for real - would you really give it away? On the other hand, Engraved can be transformed into a object that you might would have given away - in that case you just script the routine so that it isn't a gift. But as I said, it is not the first time I have had that request, and the answer is the same. That is not the advantage with my method.

Insight: The website www.metalwriting.com is avaliable but the update with information about Engraved will be done the night to monday.
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
Now finally everything is ready. The first units have been shipped and hopefully this will start a conversation on the thread. The coolest thing with Metalwriting is that IT IS NOT A TRICK. It is a new concept with methods, theory, moves and different effects. I am so curious to see what you guys are going to create with it.

In waiting for a written review, please take a look at this review that Luca Volpe have made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr7u3MAjqO0&feature=youtu.be

Best
Andreas
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I received a review copy of this a few weeks ago and have been using it constantly since.

This product is INCREDIBLE. Not only is Andreas a super nice guy with a very clear passion for the art, he is also a very innovative creator.

Price:
I believe the original kit is going to cost around $150 (an absolute steal) and I believe the full kit is only going to cost around $250 (another big steal.) I'm not sure how many of the items listed below are included in the expanded kit, maybe Andreas can say, but I know it is worth the investment.

What you get:
When I first opened the package Andreas sent me, I was shocked. It was packed full of so much stuff. I immediately thought this is one of the best deals in magic/mentalism. You receive the DVD, the booklet, the amulet, 20 photos, a chain, a key chain, a small white erase board, a bulldog clip to convert the whiteboard into a pap that holds paper, a special pencil, a holder for resetting the gimmick, the zilvex, 2 discs, extra magnets, an aluminum square for faster cooling, and a pen torch! It is so much packed into the package that I don't know how Andreas could make any profit from this. You can also buy some add ons to make the effect fit your style better. He sent me a few of these as well. You can buy extra chains, a gimmicked dry erase marked to use with any white board, a very nice and VERY clever black pouch used to hold the amulet in performance. This was all I received. However, you can ALSO get: Gimmicked chalk for black boards, a gimmicked sharpie, a different type of gimmicked sharpie, a special thumb writer, a large black board gimmicked, a large white board gimmicked, a gimmicked post-it pad, extra zilvex, 5 extra discs, a reset lighter for traveling, the Travel Agency Deck, a wristwatch for forcing a time, and perhaps the coolest of all, if you buy Engraved, you can also buy 'Attached' which is a thin engraved gimmick that can be placed onto literally any object you want to make any object a metalwriting object for example: a jar of candies or an old wooden box... anything!

DVD:
The DVD quality isn't the best I've seen; there aren't fancy edits and impressive visual effects, but it is a great dvd value-wise. Andreas explains the full workings of Engraved in around 2 hours. He covers every possible thing there is to covered. If you watch the DVD in its entirety, there will be nothing you do not know or understand about the product.

Booklet:
I'm not sure about the print quality of the booklet (I was just sent a PDF) however, the quality of the information within is great. The lay out is very nice and simple to read and comprehend. He first goes over the general method of Engraved and the many different ways you can use it as well as many ways of getting the information from the spectator that you need. It then goes into many different presentational ideas. He provides a different presentation for each of the 20 different photos (more on the photos later.) For those good at math, this means there are 20 full routines explained!

Reset:
I'm not going to lie, the reset isn't very easy. The process itself seems very simple and straight forward, but it will definitely take you performing and then resetting quite a bit to get the hang of it. You can always reset it, the problem is getting it to look as 'clean' and shiny as possible. For the first few times I reset it, there were some areas that were darker, rougher and duller than the rest of the disc. It was fine because I said it was an antique. This seemed to cover the off colors and rough spots.

General Thoughts:
I have never owned a metalwriting product. This was my first one, but I absolutely love it. Any word, number, name, or thought is ENGRAVED on an amulet. It is very impressive. Perhaps the best thing about this product is its versatility. This can be a key fob, a necklace, a pocket watch, a compass, a haunted locket, and almost anything you want! Andreas provides you with 20 photos that are ready to cut out and put behind the plastic front. These photos disguise the amulet as all of these different things. I have been using it as a kicker to Banachek's 'PK Time.' They name a time, set a watch to a random time and in the end the random time is the time my grandfather's pocket watch is set to and the time they named is engraved on the back of said watch. You can't tell me that isn't powerful mentalism/magic! Believe it or not, I have been fooling some quite clever mentalists with this routine. The moves are just so natural and justified (And I believe using the very clever black pouch helps to hide the method even more.) There are actually quite a few different ways you can use this. With the chain, without the chain, loading the whole amulet, or just loading the metal disc. Personally, I like the idea of just loading the disc. It's less bulky and allows you to have the amulet sitting out from the beginning if you so desire.

Closing Thoughts:
I am very glad that Andreas considered me for a review copy of his product. It has been so much fun to perform and fool people with; it will eventually be going into my stage show. I'm confident it will elicit strong reactions from the audience. I honestly believe this is one of the best values I have seen in a very long time. The price was what kept me away from other metalwriting products. At this price, you have nothing to loose. I HIGHLY recommend this to serious performers who are looking to enchant their audiences with what can only be describes as indescribable. You won't regret your purchase. Plus, you'll be buying from one of the nicest men I've had the pleasure of chatting with.

Thank you again Andreas, I wish you much success with this product. It deserves all the attentions it receives and more.
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
Thanks for your answer Andreas!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I have Eye of Odin (stage/parlour version) and it is fantastic. I was immediately intrigued when I saw Engraved being offered. It is fabulous!

The material and items provided with the full set are superb. Every item provided was carefully manufactured. You can immediately tell that metalwriting.com has a passion for this type of unique effect and truly has thought out every detail in the manner that this effect is achieved and presented. MagicMaddy has already gave a detailed list of items that are provided with the full set so I will not repeat them. Suffice to say that the material material is first rate and truly professionally made.

The video instruction is detailed and extremely thorough. Every nuance in how to handle the method and the presentation is discussed. Numerous approaches and techniques are explained. There is really no sleights except perhaps a very simple pa..ing and even that is very natural and covered in the handling of the props and presentation.

I really like that it comes with 20 different themed inserts that you can use in the case and they are easily interchangeable.

The pdfs of ideas and routines are incredible. There are a bunch of real gems that are included by various mentalists. However, this effect is not just for mentalists. Magicians can easily use this effect to get very strong responses.

As MagicMaddy stated, the set up will take a bit of practice but it is not difficult. It just takes a certain knack, but once that knack is obtained after a few trial runs, it will be easy to obtain perfect result each and every time.

This is a super strong mentalism or magic routine. You get a lot for the price. This is the best Koran Medallion type effect available. The metal is actually engraved. It can be freely shown and even felt by people. It is really ENGRAVED.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Michael
New York
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
Thank you Magic.Maddy and Magicinsight for the reviews. Fantastic reviews and spot on, even though I might be biased.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
The routines and ideas provided in the pdf are terrific. The pdf for the routines is 43 pages long. The routines are very strong and varied. I am sure that every magician or mentalist will find many routines and presentation styles to use. This is a very versatile prop. There are many emotional presentations that can be used. IT is a wonderful effect. with many possibilities. You can tell that Andreas is very passionate about this effect and has worked very hard and long in bringing this effect to the magic and mentalist community.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4305 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I hope Andreas does not mind me saying this, but I just got a peek at a fabulous video of Peter Turner doing a wonderful and powerful routine using Engraved on a woman. It was a marvelous routine with an extremely powerful emotional hook that Peter is known for creating. Simply marvelous. The props are handled naturally and is totally out of play until the very end. The entire routine and handling is so natural. Even though Peter is using props, it has the same feel as a totally propless effect and routine. Great job, Peter. I hope Andreas can show everyone Peter's routine. Again, I highly recommend ENGRAVED.

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

I know this thread has been dead for the past month and a half, so I thought I would revive it and tell you about my experience with ENGRAVED.

I don't know Andreas personally, but when I heard about this coming out, I kept my eyes and ears open, because ENGRAVED sounded like the solution to what I was looking for.

As many of you saw on a Wizard Product Review, Andreas performed Eye of Odin, and I am sure it is great, but there was one aspect of the routine I wasnt particularly fond of(for those of you that have it, you know what I mean), then a friend of mine purchased it, and he showed it to me, and I thought that it was really clever and the weak point was overcome at the end with the strong ending. I did not have the money to purchase Eye of Odin, but instead looked into some of MetalWritings other offerings, and was immediately intrigued by THE TROPHY. I was going to order the trophy, so I began to talk to Andreas over email, and like Maddy said before, he is a very honest, genuine guy that liked to help out, and believes in his products 100%. He told me about Engraved, and so I began to research, and saw that it was similar to Eye of Odin, but the one weak spot I saw on Eye of Odin was gone, and I felt it was more streamlined. Andreas and I talked for about 2 weeks, and then I finally received Engraved not too long ago, and saw the accompanied video instructions as well as Reset instructions.

You get a nice looking box with the Engraved sticker on it, and inside(made me feel like Xmas again) was lots to play with.

You get the Reset material, the special material to make it work, you get a booklet, you also get the pendant, two discs, you get extra faces that you can interchange for different effects, plus you get a chain if you want to wear it as a necklace, a special pencil, a small whiteboard.

I didn't know much what to do, so I saw the video instructions first, and then I saw the Reset instructions.

Something that was a bonus that I felt was great was that I found out that other people are using Engraved in their professional work, like Luca Volpe, and Peter Turner.

There is a video floating around on youtube with Peter Turner using Engraved, and you can see the impact that the routine has. Its great that Peter can take anything and make it memorable.

This routine is adaptable to anything you want to do, predict a thought of name, confabulation, predict a thought of time, a country, etc etc.

I believe there are 2 versions available, and Andrea can fill us in more, but one is more expensive than the other, because the Pro kit, has all the extra discs, faces, chains, and even extra material. Even if you get the basic kit, I believe is like $125, you get enough material to last you about 100 performances, then you can get more. The Pro kit was more expensive, like $225 or $250, but I feel is worth it, because you get a lot of extra stuff.

What I like about this is that it is underpriced, since Eye of Odin was about $600 USD, this is very affordable and about 1/3 the price of Eye of Odin, and if you ever wanted to do MetalWriting or perform something like the Koran Medallion, then this is it.

Andreas is very helpful and always willing to lend a hand, and talk through problems that you can be faced with when you get this, if you don't know what to do.

All in all, this is a worthy purchase, and one I feel that many people should look into, since it is not that expensive, and you have a routine that is adaptable to your needs, and you can change it at every performance you do.

Thanks

Alex Alejandro
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I completely agree. I was skeptical of MetalWriting until I had a chance to play with it, which I've been doing for the last several weeks. Andreas is a perfectionist and in this package it shows.

Not only is the number actually engraved, but there are several options that you can use as far as the method goes- i.e., the original Koran handling, the later "Room Service" handling, etc.

I'll post a lengthier review after I've actually used this in a professional performance setting. But, based on the price and what's included, I give this a very high recommendation indeed.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Bob spoke very highly about Engraved on his most recent "Cassidy Chat" with Jheff. Knowing he is cautious with his praise (for several good reasons) I found myself quite intrigued despite this not being the kind of product I'm typically drawn to (pardon the pun Smile ).

Bob described not only a powerful effect, sharing his admiration for how well thought out Engraved is, but also complimented Andreas for the excellent quality of everything that comes with along with it, offering the latter as evidence of attention to detail and a concerted effort to release something special and quite versatile, rather than just rushing to release the next "hot new toy" to our ever eager consumer driven community.

It is not often that Bob speaks of being so impressed by a new release so his words really captured my attention and interest. Especially when he challenged Jheff's more reserved reaction, though to be fair Jheff had not yet tried out Engraved or had the opportunity to see what it is all about.

Congratulations Andreas! I came away from the broadcast with the distinct impression you have achieved the rare feat of impressing "Bob Freaking Cassidy," a result not to be taken lightly as well as a good reason to be proud of what you have accomplished.
Cbring
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
241 Posts

Profile of Cbring
Wow!!! I'm speechless. Thank you so much for your kind words. There is in fact not a word that can describe what I feel right now.

Alex: Thanks for an awesome review. As you said, there are two versions and it is also possible to buy the extra items if you want to upgrade the basic set. When buying the full set you save about $45 in comparison to buy every unit itself.

Bob: Thank you for your feedback. I wish I would be able to watch one of your performance some day.

Bill: Thanks for telling. I do certainly not been taking this lightly. It is one of the most overwhelming days in my magical life.

Engraved is so fun to play with and I use it in so many applications. Today I will be sitting in a tent, doing palm readings and tarot readings, and use Engraved as an amulet or pendulum to reveal some information. A perfect situation to use Cxxxxr txxr as well to gain information. This weekend I will do a family day with multiple performances, using Engraved in the child act as well. Really an opposite situation.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Andreas-

I call 'em like I see 'em. Smile

Well done, my friend.
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Ever since I started working full time as a mentalist I'be bought fewer and fewer new tricks and those I do frequently disappoint. I miss the days of buying something just because it looks fun, the wonder of opening a box and seeing the goodies it contains and trying it out on friends and family. There are plenty of amazing tricks still being produced and loads I see that look like fun but next to none I think I'll actually use professionally. Metal Writing changes all that, its an amazing, fun product that I will perform professionally, both close up and stage. I love it!!
I suppose the basis of this is the Koran Medallion. I used to spend hours discussing this effect with Martin Breese, trying to come up with a method to have the writing actually on the medallion. I never came up with anything and even if I did it would be nowhere near as good as this.
Opening the box this comes in is a pure joy. It's filled with so many goodies. Pretty much everything you could think of has been included. I've had hours of fun playing with it all. You get both video (no stupid downloads, an actual video) and written instructions. The video is very clear and gives you all the information you need particularly regarding the reset which is a little tricky until you get the hang of it. I had a problem with one of the tools that comes with it, I may very well have been the cause of the problem, and after a couple of emails with immediate response they had a new one in the post to me. Outstanding service.
In regards to mentalism, this is a very strong effect. Care will have to be taken with presentation not to turn it into a magic trick (the video shows some more magical presentations which are beautiful but not suited to mentalism).
Ive yet to perform this professionally and doubt I will do for some time for the very simple reason my mind is awash with ideas for it. There are so many ideas, routines and possibilities with metal writing that I'm struggling to narrow it down to my favourite way to perform it.
Quite simply, I love it.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Just found out about this.. This sounds really good!

I've never done any Metalwriting type of effect, but I would definitely use it in my shows. Hmmm.. Definitely interested.
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Engraved a new MetalWriting effect (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL