The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Roughing Stick by Harry Robson (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3419 Posts

Profile of videoman
Yes, Harry did both sides which you can do, but I have very dry hands and prefer them to separate a little more easily. That video is pretty old and it's become well-known amongst stick users that treating one side works perfectly fine for most every purpose. It doesn't last quite as long but you can refresh it in 60 seconds so no big deal.

The ease and speed of application with no fumes or drying time is what really won me over with this product.

Poof, not sure about the center of your deck getting thicker. I've made dozens of decks for myself as well as others and have never experienced this. Of course I am only treating one card so maybe that is the difference. I've done several Phoenix DD decks and never experienced that either. Maybe you are applying too much. I've also made up about a dozen 40 card stacks of business cards for various forces and never had a thickening in the center. This is great doing just one side so that the card they end up with is totally clean with absolutely nothing for them to see or feel.

To me it is waaaay better than anything else on the market. I'm probably one of the few that have purchased more than one can of SF (OK, there are probably hundreds of us) but now I have a full unused can and another half a can of it just sitting there unused for 2 years. They are sitting there next to my cans of Plasti-Dip, Flex Sealant, Dull Cote and Krylon spray matte. I have a small collapsible spray booth that would allow me to spray an entire deck at a time, along with the masking shields from Card-Shark and I have retired all of them. Now if I need something treated I just make them up at my desk while watching a video or lecture on my computer.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Riding the Cancer Recovery Coaster into
4258 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I very well may have applied too much. There is not a solid definition of "medium pressure". My medium may be his extra hard for all I know. This was also my first attempt and even with the difficulty I had, it still works properly, I just really notice the center bulge - but, with what the product actually is, there will always be a thicker spot where applied so even a very thin layer over (26 or 52) cards (whichever you prefer) it would have to add "something" although not noticeable to a layman.

In the end, I have the same stock of products you mention and use some more than others. I know that this is going to my "fix on the fly" kit and not my regular "Arts and Crafts sessions Days".
Cancer Sux

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
872 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I thought I posted this, but somehow, it didn't go through.i just received my roughing stick. It came in the box without any instructions or video link. Is there a place to access the vid?
Jack Skalon

http://www.MagicByJack.net

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
3419 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 29, 2018, jskalon wrote:
I thought I posted this, but somehow, it didn't go through.i just received my roughing stick. It came in the box without any instructions or video link. Is there a place to access the vid?

PM'ed you.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
720 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2018, jskalon wrote:

The link is inside the box, under the Stick.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » [Review] Roughing Stick by Harry Robson (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL