The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Martinka Coin Club (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..17~18~19 [Next]
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
287 Posts

Profile of fredr500
There are videos posted, the links are in the instructions. Performance and two versions of explanations, much easier for me to follow than the written lesson.
--------------------------------
Check out Funeral Sampler and over 200 reviews http://rosemagic.com
Author of The Sweet Psychic, http://thesweetpsychic.com
ECSS I, II, III IV, and V alumnus
PEA Member, IBM and SAM Life Member
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
Thanks so much!!!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Finally got mine today. Pretty interesting and definitely different than I expected, I never would have guessed it would be what it is.
A pretty decent value for the money although the quality is only fair to good IMO, certainly not great. Makes me wonder what the future releases will be. Something inside me says this club is going to end very abruptly but we'll see.
Kind of fun to get a surprise in the mail. I was under the impression that new items were going to be released monthly but now I realize I may have just assumed that so maybe if I continue on I will end up paying much more for these items than I was aware of. Is there a release schedule posted anywhere?

Regarding the written instructions, they are VERY poorly written. I guess because of having video instructions available they weren't too concerned about the written instructions. I haven't watched the video yet but I will need to because I certainly can't rely on the written instructions alone. Whomever wrote those had no experience writing technical instructions, and the tiny thumbnail photos didn't help much.

Overall, not unhappy with it. But not sure it's something I will use.
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
326 Posts

Profile of magringo
My take on the first one -- but in my humble opinion -- was that it's too small an effect and requires your spectator to be very close up looking down. I imagined coin magic that you can perform close up with a few people - but not that close up. I expected more from MM's first release. We'll see that happens with the second piece... and it's got to have some good value...
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Quote:
On May 12, 2015, videoman wrote:
I was under the impression that new items were going to be released monthly but now I realize I may have just assumed that so maybe if I continue on I will end up paying much more for these items than I was aware of. Is there a release schedule posted anywhere?

The web site states "With Martinka Coin Club, we will be providing a new coin magic item each month on a limited basis." This makes me believe that it would be monthly. What makes you think that this is incorrect?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Quote:
On May 12, 2015, magringo wrote:
My take on the first one -- but in my humble opinion -- was that it's too small an effect and requires your spectator to be very close up looking down. I imagined coin magic that you can perform close up with a few people - but not that close up. I expected more from MM's first release. We'll see that happens with the second piece... and it's got to have some good value...

This was my main concern as well. With an aged coin, the details of the coin design would show up much better and that would require less of a close up view. But I've performed it several times now and have been surprised that this issue hasn't really been an issue. The moving hole sequence is quick and the end link is so visual (if you use my earlier mentioned spellbound link instead of the link taught in the instructions) people almost forget the moving hole.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I jumped in on this right away. First off I love coin magic. So was curious at how "new" and "different" the stuff would be. And as I saw someone stated up about.. you can cancel at any time. So really, for the small price it is not much of a risk. All though most of my coin magic is just pure sleight of hand.. I like to throw in something gimmiced to give myself a break and let the coin do some of the magic. And with that while some spectators may now be watching my hands more closely.. my hands are 'sleight' resting and I'm letting the coin do the work for me.

I was impressed with the first release all though I am currently working on something else and haven't had time to give it proper toying with I certainly will in the future. I look forward to see what future releases they come out with.

Those that did not get in on the first release missed something pretty cool.

Eddy
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
No word on date of next release.
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
287 Posts

Profile of fredr500
I read somewhere (maybe Facebook?) that they will ship May 26.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I received this gimmick and was extremely impressed. It is a brand new mechanism that is both clever and innovative.

It is also routined nicely, and it is a great combination between the self-working method and sleight-of-hand. The first two moving hole phases use the ingenuity of the gimmick, and the final phase (coin linking onto the keychain) is a simple sleight that makes everything examinable.

I am excited for next month!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Hopefully no. 2 started shipping today. Exciting.
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
287 Posts

Profile of fredr500
Thanks, I'd forgotten all about this. One more reason to stare at the empty mailbox.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, fredr500 wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2015, Poof-Daddy wrote:

Unfortunately, you will be sorely disappointed when you hit 50 posts. The pot at the end of the rainbow if pretty much full of rocks rather than gold Smile

Thanks for the warning. I'm not surprised.

You get what you put in, guys...

Julie
fredr500
View Profile
Loyal user
Cary, NC
287 Posts

Profile of fredr500
I have to say that for the area that I am most interested (not coins) I am finding a wealth of information now that I have hit 50 posts. Well worth the effort.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Got ship notice for second installment. "Minted"
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Minted arrived today. Have to say, I'm impressed again. Whereas trick one was mechanically innovative, Minted is thematically innovative. You get three gimmicks, one of which is clearly new and unique. I won't give anything away so as not to spoil the surprise for those that don't yet have it, but I will say that this is a coin to impossible location....except that with Minted, the coin actually becomes the impossible location. As with trick one, an element of bravery is needed for part of the routine. It will be interesting to practice to see if I can make it deceptive. If so, the end result is worth it.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I liked the first release; I really like this second one, which I received today. Probably appeal to me due to the fact they are both tricks you can carry around and do at a moments notice...and have to give Martinka props for coming out with stuff that is unique and different (at least to me)...in my opinion, for $28.00 per release, it's a pretty good deal.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Have to agree. For $28 per month, the project has been an absolute steal thus far. Let's hope they can keep it up.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Anyone try Minted in a real show yet?
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
54 Posts

Profile of MERose
I like Minted better than the first release. The issue I have with the first release is the handling is a bit tight, it seems best for a one on one type performance. Minted is more conducive to an open handling allowing for more people to view the trick. Also Minted is a less cerebral effect, it is a clear and shocking effect, the spectators clearly understand the effect (children totally get the concept, too). Regarding the value, $28 per trick so far has been a bargain!

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Martinka Coin Club (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL