The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How do you carry cup and final loads when strolling (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1123 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Hi!
I find it hard to pocket manage one cup and balls routine when strolling.
How do you guys deal with this?

I'm using a lemon and a lime as final loads..
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3540 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I don't. I leave this out of my strolling gigs.

Jim
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1123 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Thanks Jim!
So when do you use it?
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1560 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Strolling I use a mini cup routine. No pocket problems.

Table hopping would be a regular size cup. Loads in pocket, cup in hand; it was always my opener.
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
941 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Paul Fox mini cup from RNT2. Use the little dog kong balls for final loads (small tennis balls - come in various colors). Always a great reaction. Jamie D Grant did an episode on this in his Magic Friday section on the Café.

Hudson
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1447 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
When I did my chop cup routine I had 2 loads as a finish. I made a bag with loops and threaded it on my belt. the position is important. I position it on my back. it is the curve that goes from your back to your **s. because I wear a jacket over it people can't see the loads.

another thing I did was to have it in my back pocket. so when I put a ball away I put it into my back pocket. this way my front pocket are always managable.
David French
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of David French
I do the chop cup with two loads also, a lemon and lime. I carry them in my front pants pocket. I carry the cup in it's bag in my hand. I do Larry Jennings routine and am seated. As I sit I carry on small talk and take the loads from my pocket and place them in my lap (actually on the chair between my legs). This has worked for me for years. I used to stress over how to carry the loads...realized I was over thinking it.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2565 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Jim Gerrish

http://www.wizkidzinc.com

http://www.magicnook.com

Home of The Wizards' Journals
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1237 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I use this: http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=56
It holds two baseball loads, a Don Alan Ch*p cup and the other balls.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13202 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard

Me too EvilDan. Smile

On my todo list is to make a shorter version of this specifically for a chop cup routine that uses something like 2 limes and a smaller cup.
I'm not sure when that will see the light of day. I keep asking for it.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1237 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
It's perfect for my cup.
I set one baseball on the bottom. One baseball on top to the back of it.
The extra ball goes in front and the cup with the m ball sits on top of it all.
There is no fumbling around for the balls, the are right where I need them, when I need them.

And I'd had this pouch for several years now. It still looks brand new.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1123 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Fantastic! So this is on your belt? Would it be possible to see a pic?
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
My chop cup stays in my bag till the end of a gig, where I'll return to some of the tables for more stuff.
Lime and lemon in my left jacket pocket. Cup in hand (in carrying case).

I actually close wit the cup, but I put it on the table and say that my best trick is in the "bag of mystery". It leaves it in suspense and everybody knows when I'm done with my set Smile
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1123 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Thanks David!
abracadanny
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of abracadanny
Eugene Burger explains how he does it and how to make up the holder in his book Mastering The Art Of Magic. I'm not going to post how me makes it. I recommend that book highly. There is a ton of great information and it has a perfect solution to your problem.
abracadanny
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of abracadanny
IGNORE MY LAST POST. I posted this to the wrong thread. I'm sorry. Either way I still recommend the book.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5018 Posts

Profile of pepka
I only use a cup and ball routine as an encore after dinner or at the bar. It stays in my case until needed.
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
4 big oranges in the the long tail of my tuxedo... theres only one problem with that, if you do the coins thru table before the cups you can squeeze the final loads
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5685 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Take a look at the "Anytime, Anywhere Cups & Balls" DVD teaser trailer by Brian Watson. He has a great solution that I'm thinking of adopting.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1767 Posts

Profile of SIX
I have been considering putting final loads on ball droppers (used for billiard balls) so they hang.. I where a very fitted suit, so its been a bit annoying as of late carrying all my stuff and have it bulging. Its either have a perfect fit suit and push the image I want, or go a size up to carry for stuff. Tuff call at the moment.

The Mini Cup is a great way to go tho.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How do you carry cup and final loads when strolling (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL