The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favorite Performers of Card Magic (57 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Karli
View Profile
New user
Estonia
66 Posts

Profile of Karli
James Brown
Michael Vincent
Kostya Kimlat
Jason England

James Brown tops it with his excellent style of missdirection
r1chyoung
View Profile
New user
Oxford
39 Posts

Profile of r1chyoung
Those of you who love card magic and elegant sleight of hand will enjoy this weeks episode of The Magicians' Podcast with Ben Earl:

http://magicianspodcast.podbean.com/e/ep-67-ben-earl/

It's free! I hope you enjoy it.

Rich
Thanks, Richard
Jorge Betancourt
View Profile
New user
Monterrey, Mexico
60 Posts

Profile of Jorge Betancourt
Thanks Rich, I will check it out!
IanLand
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of IanLand
From a UK perspective, Joe Riding and Bobby Bernard were both amazing performers, but there's little video record of how great they were. Of those still alive, I think Jerry Sadowitz, Ricky Jay and Lennart Green are the most successful at presenting a complete persona. They are all fantastic actors as well as fantastic technicians.
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
David Williamson and Kyle Eschen. Two (in my opinion), genuinely funny magicians with two very different stage personas. Here's a clip of Kyle for anyone who is unfamiliar with his work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-3fzp7hJrI

The future of magic looks bright Smile
The Mysterious Kid
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious Kid
My fist two I always watch again when I'm not sure about why I love card magic are:
1.) <b>David Blaine</b>
The only guy, who has the nerve to keep the tension between him and his audiance and dosen't destroies it with laughter or a joke.
2.) <b>Martin A. Nash</b>
By know I can't stand watching card tricks on YouTube. Every routine Martin did I can watch without any problem.
The way he tied together the tricks and the connection he creates with his audiance is brilliant. Just a good guy.
The top two are all time favorites but the following I love as well.
3.) <b>Ricky Jay </b>
Great humor wihtout being a clown. The 52 Assistens show is one of the best card performances ever.
4.) <b>Guy Hollingworth </b>
Great Effects and a brilliant performance. Still the effect stands out. (Most times I do card magic I have one or two tricks from him in my repertoire)
5.) <b>Pepe Carrol</b>
I love to watch him especially with Juan Tamariz.
6.) <b>Pit Hartling</b>
He is amazing, for me he is like Derren Brown for mentalism. Take a normal guy. Put it on fast forward 2x and you have Pit Hartling.
7.) <b>Lennart Green </b>
I don't think I ever performed an effect from Lennart Green, however I love the way he chooses to present chaos and order together.
I'm highly entertaint by his humor.
8.) <b> Juan Tamariz </b>
Sometimes I love him, somtimes I can't stand his syle. On video he sometimes is annoing but on a live show I fought myself on the stage to
do Total Coincidence.

Honarable Mention:
<b> Ernest Earick </b>
In his book Stephen Minch wrote: "...when Mr. Earick performes this Effect.." I call ********!
I don't believe he liked to perform but I use pretty much every slight from his book. R.I.P. Mr. Earick!
<b> Jerry Sadowitz </b>
I just love the brilliance in his effects. His comedy oversadowes the effects on often for me.
supertoad12
View Profile
New user
Choose a number between 1 and
89 Posts

Profile of supertoad12
Bill Malone
Michael Vincent
Roberto Giobbi
Harry Lorayne
Daryl
Steph

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it"...J.M. Barrie
Vitalii Shevtsov
View Profile
New user
Russia
8 Posts

Profile of Vitalii Shevtsov
My list, in no particular order, looked like this:
- Roberto Giobbi
- Dai Vernon
- Bruce Cervon
- Larry Jennings
- Charlie Miller

and many many more
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
896 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
I will throw in these,based on technical ability
Jerry Sadowitz
Bill Malone
Alan Ackerman
Darwin Ortiz
Jason England
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
magicsachin
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
122 Posts

Profile of magicsachin
1.Dai Vernon
2.Roberto Giobbi
3.Bill Malone

Legends in Card Magic !!
Thank You Smile
shaunluttin
View Profile
Special user
588 Posts

Profile of shaunluttin
Derek Del Gaudio
Lennart Green
Derren Brown
Travis Bernhardt
Dai Vernon (would LOVE to see video of his early work).

I used to be sensitive to criticism, but I am not really sensitive to it any more. Please do criticize my technique, presentation, and posts. It helps me to grow, and I promise to take responsibility and not to be defensive.

Imirik
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Imirik
Michael Vincent is definitely my top, also really like Kostya Kimlat.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2562 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Harry Lorayne......unquestionably top of my list.

And rather than just state a name (or list of 'names') here's my reasoning.

The guy is 100% 'Mr Entertainment' with nothing more than a (often borrowed) pack of cards. He fully engages with an audience; and delivers such a powerful performance.

If only some people spent more time learning about presentation rather than wasting hours on esoteric/pointless sleights and moves, then maybe they'd become much better performers themselves.

Added to which 'The Magic Book' and 'Close Up Card Magic' contain sufficient material to make anyone a decent enough living as a magical entertainer. Words cannot express what I truly think of these two masterpieces of magical literature; nor their author.
Barry Allen

"The Rules of the Sleight-of-Hand Artist, are three and all others are vain; the first and second are 'practice', and the third one is 'practice again'.

Edward Victor 1936
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
7923 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Merc Man, I was getting so disappointed at the large number of people who didn't list me (forgive the ego - modesty is becoming a drag!) but you've just made up for that - you've made my day!! (You have wonderful taste!)
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
SimonCard
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of SimonCard
Bill Malone.
Michael Vincent.
Martin Nash.
Kostya Kimlat comes next because of his performance on Penn and Teller. That one baffled me for months till I suddenly recalled his DVD release.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5463 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Im going to have to agree with the Professor, Dai Vernon, and say Harry Lorayne. I also love Paul Daniels, Eugene Burger, David Williamson, Max Maven, Mike Skinner, Bruce Cervon and Paul Harris.
Magic-Daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
Denmark
1287 Posts

Profile of Magic-Daniel
Ben Earl
Jared Kopf
Bill Malone.
David Williamson.
Dani DaOrtiz.
Martin Nash
Johnny Thompson
Derek DelGaudio
Helder Guimaraes
FalseDeal
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of FalseDeal
Tamariz
Ascanio
Da Ortiz
Woody
Simon Black

All the top Spanish guys
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
813 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Favorite *performers* of card magic you say?

Deceased:
Eddie Fechter
Matt Schulien
Harry Lorayne
Clarke "The Senator" Crandall
Ed Marlo! (Especially with lay audiences and I loved his dry wit)

Living:
Oddly enough, even though he is thought of as a move monkey ("Every move a move"), I find Allan Ackerman's presentation of card magic to be a pleasure to watch.
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1470 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Reports of Harry's death are greatly exaggerated.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favorite Performers of Card Magic (57 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL