The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Bills and coins for Gospel Magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mediocre_magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
348 Posts

Profile of mediocre_magic
Just thought I would share that there are gospel tracts available in "1,000,000" bills:
http://store.livingwaters.com/index.php?......&lang=en

and also in 10 Commandment coins:
http://store.livingwaters.com/index.php?......&lang=en

I figured I would share this to see if anyone could be inspired to share the Gospel with their magic in a more personal setting. Talk about a great giveaway item for a casual performance. It is also an ice breaker to share the Gospel.

If anyone has a routine or any thoughts on this that would be great.
Is this a good idea, or does it trivialize the Gospel?
"A wizard is not to be made in a day." -Professor Hoffmann (Modern Magic)
Russo
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Russo
I've used a Gient coin (fits behind my palm - then "appear") quoteing the Ceaser/render - verse - Did you know render in the dictionary also means "one to another"?? so I mention this also means Husband to Wife --Teacher to student -- Preacher to congreation - Worker to Boss -- and all VISA VERSA -- makes people THINK -- are they responding to each other as they should.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2044 Posts

Profile of John Long
I've bought a number of items from Living Waters, but the one item that I found most useful were their over sized $100's. I would hold it up at street fairs and get people's attention, ask them if they could handle this big of a bill, or What's in your wallet, offer to do a trick, then do the Wonderland type effect while they held onto a cut-out, and quote from Mt 6 (do not lay up treasure on earth.. because they will fade as Ben's face just disappeared from you). I would then try to engage them in a discussion about spiritual matters. I may do another trick, one that has a gospel message, but I find a personal discussion to be more appropriate.

I like Living Waters intent, but I've not found the trac messages to be all that great (there are just too many words). Maybe the people read them when they get home, but I don't make reference to them.

John
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1242 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
I've used the million dollar bills for the trick where you roll two bills and they switch places, the one on the bottom ends up on top.

Great opportunity for patter involving Jesus covering our sins, etc. Any dirty old bill can represent both "you" if you want to involve your testimony, and whoever you show the trick to if you want to tell them what Jesus can do for them.

With a little tweaking you can also position the bills to look like a cross at the beginning of the trick.
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day!
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1264 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Good idea, Theodore. Thanks for sharing.
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
plink
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of plink
Years ago at a local Christian supply store I came upon some aluminum silver dollar sized coins. They had John 3:16 on one side and the Lord's Prayer on the other. I used them for years with a Gospel version of Ammar's Coins through Silk. I would give the coins away at the end of the routine. I'm down to my last three now and hope I can find a new supply.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1242 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Just doing a quick search I was able to find several versions with at least John 3:16 on one side. The other side may be different with things like the sinner's prayer, John 3:17, etc. Size may vary as well, but there are some options at least.

Smile
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Bills and coins for Gospel Magic (1 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.062611 seconds, requiring 30 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [1] [1] [0] [7] [9] [0] [1] [0] [8]