The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » N-strippers (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11~12~13 [Next]
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Agree completely Andru.

I was noting that even if figure #34 in Poker Protection does represent n-strippers, the text isn't actually wrong, as n-Strippers are a sub-set of belly work in general.

Either way, good catch.
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Guys,

I was actually at that photo shoot. Those pictures were taken in Bill Taylor's house in California. I think you're reading too much into a photo that was designed only to expose the basic concept of pulling belly strippers.

In other words, the right hand in that photo is purposefully out of position so that the camera could actually see the protruding cards. If the right hand was where it "should" be to pull bellies or negs, you would be looking at the back of a thumb.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2015, luvisi wrote:
In A Grand Expose of the Science of Gambling on page 14, "Hollow's and Rounds," the concept of being able to pull trimmed cards from a square deck is mentioned, with a very brief description of how to do so. These are essentially belly strippers that are in a normal deck, so the technique is the opposite of the modern approach, but the basic concept is there.
Andru

In my copy that information is on p. 17.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
luvisi
View Profile
Special user
601 Posts

Profile of luvisi
Jason,

Thank you for the information about that photo. I've wondered about it for a few years now.

My copy of A Grand Expose is the Magicana reprint. The "Hollows and Rounds" section starts on page 14 and ends on page 17.

Andru
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
I suspect Jason's copy isn't the Magicana reprint Smile
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Artie,

You are correct. I didn't mean to leave out the Smile that would have communicated that a little better.

Jason
KoldoToribio
View Profile
New user
Finland
4 Posts

Profile of KoldoToribio
Greetings from Finland!

It's a shame that this secret has been exposed, at least I am glad that comes from Jason and not from some fancy new cool supermodern magician.

I hope that this fever goes by and we can keep working quietly.

Arnorld's coming booklet will be really interesting, I hope to get a copy.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2015, KoldoToribio wrote:
Greetings from Finland!

[...] at least I am glad that comes from Jason and not from some fancy new cool supermodern magician. [...]

Despite my supposed high IQ and that philosophizing side of me, it's something I have difficulties to understand. In fact, I just can't. What difference does it make? Why would Jason, Gary and co be allowed to expose, unveil and why others should not be granted that right?

I have respect for Jason, but his motivation about his last video sounds really "thin" to me. If I understand well, he did it because someone else what about to do it? Well...
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Nobody "owns" the secret to n-strippers, and nobody has to ask permission to talk about them, or explain to the public why they chose to tip the work (unless they choose to do so).

Tipping gambling secrets (for money) to magicians is a fine old tradition, and nobody really needs any more motivation than to put some extra scratch in their pockets.

As to why certain folks are given a pass when it comes to tipping information, I suspect it has to do with their overall personality (online and in person), and whether they're seen as a positive contributor to helping establish and pass along information related to gambling, cheating, hustling, etc.

Jason has a long history of contributing LOTS of high quality information to those interested in the subject matter, with this n-stripper video looking nothing like a "cash grab", and more like a continuation of his efforts to spread the knowledge.

I would say you've received very little push-back about releasing your pending booklet Arnold, indicating that you're viewed as not in it for the money as well, but rather your efforts are to get the information out there, and establish yourself as an author on the subject matter.

First to market is a fine old tradition as well. He who gets his product on the shelves first, usually enjoys higher sales and lots of initial press (which tends to spike even more sales).

It's all working just as it should, and now that n-strippers are out of the bag in a big way, we can all quite worrying ourselves about the possibility that some magician somewhere might know what they are ... ---- Pro-Tip, everybody knows what n-strippers are now, and everybody will be working to establish exactly what they can do with them.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2015, Artie Fufkin wrote:
[...]I would say you've received very little push-back about releasing your pending booklet Arnold, indicating that you're viewed as not in it for the money as well, but rather your efforts are to get the information out there, and establish yourself as an author on the subject matter.[...]

Not 100% exact, I don't do that for fame or glory. As said many times before, I started that series because I couldn't find what I needed. They are books the way I would have enjoyed to find some. That's the first motivation. But as you don't have any, I'm afraid you can't "feel" why I started.

That said, I'm not sure you understood what I meant above. But maybe you are not fully aware about the underground war in Magic. X or Y getting nuts because Z is releasing something. X and Y being "allowed" because they are someone, or have an established name. Lemme me illustrate, just a small example. When I said on Facebook what my next booklet will be, about a dozen of great names of Magic busted me out of their friend list. Right away. But when X announces his next thing, the same people go with "brilliant, genius, excellent, at last!". Do you get the idea Smile?
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2015, Artie Fufkin wrote:

Pro-Tip, everybody knows what n-strippers are now, and everybody will be working to establish exactly what they can do with them.

I would have to respectfully disagree with that observation. Explorers recently encountered a cave dweller in a remote region of Borneo who when queried about N-Strippers said he did not know what they were...exactly. However, he added he had heard something about them. Smile

Maybe we should send him a copy of AMcD's new book when it comes out. Then...everyone will know... Just a thought!!! Smile
KoldoToribio
View Profile
New user
Finland
4 Posts

Profile of KoldoToribio
Quote:
On Jun 17, 2015, AMcD wrote:

Despite my supposed high IQ and that philosophizing side of me, it's something I have difficulties to understand. In fact, I just can't. What difference does it make? Why would Jason, Gary and co be allowed to expose, unveil and why others should not be granted that right?

I have respect for Jason, but his motivation about his last video sounds really "thin" to me. If I understand well, he did it because someone else what about to do it? Well...

Don't get me wrong, I am not glad with Jason doing the video. When I first found out I was really annoyed and disappointed, but I usually try to find the best part in everything, at least the less worst part of it. I would rather Jason doing the video choosing the information carefully and telling just what he told than another guy telling everything he found out the last two months even if he doesn't find it valuable or understands what he's talking about.

English is not my mother tongue and sometimes could be difficult to find the correct word to express just what I mean.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
@koldo

Don't worry, I got your point now. Wholly. Obviously, it's best that a guy as knowledgeable as Jason did it instead of a "youtube guy", I fully agree. Who wouldn't?
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Personally, I wouldn't call being "unfriended" on Facebook any sort of legitimate pushback ... you (of course) are free to see it differently.

I also didn't note anywhere that I understood your motivation for writing. My reference was clearly to PERCEPTION, which is how others see you, NOT how you see yourself.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Well, it depends who is unfriending you, when, and... what their best friends report to you, lol. Anyway.

For the rest, unfortunately, you can't say (or know) how other people see me, you can only talk for yourself. The opposite is true, it's exactly the same for me Smile.

I like reading you Artie, so, I'm gonna clarify my position for you.

As I said above, I write mainly because I couldn't find in book form what matters to me. Or, when, I could find some bits, it wasn't done the way I'd have appreciated to see it done. Magic/Gambling in 21st century see books coming mainly from US citizens. I really dislike the way they write most of Magic books. I'm a big fan of books on mathematics, IT, cryptography, science in general, coming from USA yet, for sure, and some books are the just the best ones, real bibles. But in Magic or Gambling, I would have troubles to list more than 7 books which I consider great.

I don't like the style, I don't like the constant advertising, the lack of references, the lack of historical background, I don't like the monster ego of 90% of authors (apparently they know all and USA is apparently the whole world as well) and I don't like the lack of novelty, innovation. People still writing about Erdnase, in 2015, come on!!! Where's the new material? Where's the future?

I'm into cards and Gambling history for decades. I have hundreds, hundreds!, of pages of notes, searches, algorithms, historical references. Why not turning it into books? After all, whining because I can't find something is one thing, but trying to improve it would be better, right? That's just what I did. Nothing more.

Fame, glory? People talk about that constantly here, but if you knew me better, you'd know I don't give a *** about that! I can even tell you I turned down (well, so far...) many offers for seminars, workshops and all. Why is it that difficult for people to understand that not everybody cares about fame? I just don't know. My heroes are guys like Nikola Tesla, Werner von Braun or Marcian Hoff you know, not card manipulators. I couldn't care less to be famous in Magic lol.

I'm not telling you that's it's not gratifying to have a few hundreds of customers appreciating my material. For sure, it motivates me. But I started writing mainly for myself. Now that people enjoy it, it's for them as well, of course. I just apologize to them for being so slow at writing. Main reason is that I work on several projects at the same time. Here you can check the big mess:

popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
Great post AMcD!
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
Very true Arnold.

Slim
MarcusC
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MarcusC
While I share the somewhat conflicting feelings regarding a more public "outing" of N-strippers, I appreciate knowing that it will at least be taught by someone who knows and have studied the subject thoroughly. I look forward to seeing Jason's handling of this, and with a little (or a lot? of) luck I will be able to get my hands on Arnold's work on it as well!
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
So AMcD,

Which to you think will be released next ?
Timing ?
Long Island,

New York
Tom Gaudette
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Tom Gaudette
It doesn't take long to go up on illegal torrent sites, does it?

RIP Secrecy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » N-strippers (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL