The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May & June 2015 entrée: Harrison J. Carroll » » An Eddie Fechter Story » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
Hello Harrison,

Would you please share one of your favorite Eddie Fechter stories with us. I know you have many,
but what would you say was one of your favorites about this great magician. Thanks again
For all those wonderful Eddie Fechter photos that you shared with me!!

Gary Plants
HarrisonCarroll
View Profile
V.I.P.
Buffalo, NY
118 Posts

Profile of HarrisonCarroll
Hey hofzinser... Yes. I remember our previous connection here on the Café. Wow. There are so many Eddie stories I have to think for a second because they all seem to be favorites. Ok... since this one popped into my mind and is rather poignant I'll share it.

Eddie was dying of leukemia and in the hospital. He only had a few days to live. He wasn't feeling well at all. The doctor came into his room to check on him. The Doctor was Asian. (PLEASE TO ALL MY ASIAN FRIENDS TO BE ANGRY WITH ME FOR RELAYING THIS STORY).

Eddie sees the doctor and looks over at Lou Gallo, who was also in the room, and says, "Remind me to pick up my laundry."

Even in his final days, he maintained his sense of humor.
HarrisonCarroll
View Profile
V.I.P.
Buffalo, NY
118 Posts

PS... Now that story deserves a "Like".... lol
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
Thanks Harrison-that's a new one for me. LIKE.
HarrisonCarroll
View Profile
V.I.P.
Buffalo, NY
118 Posts

I just now learned that it's you, Gary....I just earlier referenced you in one of these topics
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
I've tried for two years to get the name changed to my regular name but I eventually gave up. So great to hear all your wisdom being shared here.
I may post up a video of you performing MANY years ago at the first CEMK. Is that OK with you or would you prefer to keep it off the net?
HarrisonCarroll
View Profile
V.I.P.
Buffalo, NY
118 Posts

Hey Gary... Wow. I can't imagine how bad that would be. I'm sure I might have something more recent which would probably be more polished and tight.. lol...
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
I understand, you were quite a bit younger in this video.
HarrisonCarroll
View Profile
V.I.P.
Buffalo, NY
118 Posts

Hey Gary... no problem... if you want to put it up.... what trick was I doing?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The May & June 2015 entrée: Harrison J. Carroll » » An Eddie Fechter Story » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL