The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Break by Uday Jadugar (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1020 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Uday said that he spent a lot of time and used hundreds of pennies before he perfected the method.

I believe him.

Go ahead and make them yourself.

Let me know how it works out for you.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
And why are people moaning... It's $2 a performance ....I can now charge double that for a three hour gig!

Man I love this, I make $2 more than I would normally for my best selling "3 hour rolling magic experience!" I'm soooo busy I've not had a day off in months and I am doing 9 gigs a day! Mind you I don't put that down solely to Break, I think it's partly to do with my charisma and partly down to Tenyo's Transpara Vision (aka Illusionarium circa 1993) which I use at every gig.

I'm planning on getting together with Johny Spangles and writing a book about how to double your fee for magic gigs using Break, Tenyo's best trick, your good looks and charisma. I have decided to call it "How to double your fee for magic gigs using Break, A Tenyo trick, your good looks and charisma. By David "Wheels" Matkin, with a small amount of input from Johnny Spangles (he will write the chapter about how to use your image and charisma to be a better magic man.". I suspect Jonny's chapter will be written in Crayola wax crayon.

This is likely to be a limited run and the collectors edition will have a bit if crayon that Jonny used to write his chapter. For the serious collectors out there, there will be the "mega collectors bundle" that will have a genuine bottle of gas from my wheelchair tyres, a magic squeaker( whilst stocks last - one lucky person will get the new and improved silent squeaker!), a truly invisible F35 and the bit of crayon will have tooth marks and saliva! So the serious collectors will be able to clone their very own Jonny if the saliva contains check cells. And let's face it with Jonny's teeth this VERY likely! We suggest putting the saliva into cold storage until the cloning technique has been perfected. You don't want some strange looking geeky Jonny now do you.

I am sure you will agree this is an opportunity to be missed! Please don't all rush at once.
willthegreat
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of willthegreat
Hi all,

Having some trouble with Break. I'm not able to get the "break" every single time (avoiding revealing anything here). Curious if this has to do with the temperature it is stored in? Particularly colder places? Thank you so much.
The_March_Hare
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of The_March_Hare
Hello everyone, so I did not write a review on break (I don't think at least) but I used it consistently and absolutely loved it. I first bought it for my daughter when she asked for magic at Christmas time. I fell so in love with it that I began using it. It was expensive, yes - absolutely but it was awesome. I was performing it in such a way that I would have a spectator break the last piece in their hand. Using the right scripting, they were just as impressed. Well here comes the negative: When I purchased it, we were told in the ad copy that they would always be refills available to us. A few days ago I went to purchase a refill and it was "out of stock". I emailed theory 11 and I was told that it was "discountinued". Fine, except what about everyone who purchased it with the intention of being able to purchase refills. Now I have a worthless video that describes a method that I can never use ever again. My daughter's first magic trick, again will disappear like all memories because it cannot be performed ever again.

It's so nonsensical that you would release a product under these pretenses, or release a product at all that you will discountinue a few years later. I think that people who purchased it should get store credit or something to compensate them. What a way to say thank you to your customers. I mean break isn't even that old. Nonetheless, I digress...
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2020, The_March_Hare wrote:
Hello everyone, so I did not write a review on break (I don't think at least) but I used it consistently and absolutely loved it. I first bought it for my daughter when she asked for magic at Christmas time. I fell so in love with it that I began using it. It was expensive, yes - absolutely but it was awesome. I was performing it in such a way that I would have a spectator break the last piece in their hand. Using the right scripting, they were just as impressed. Well here comes the negative: When I purchased it, we were told in the ad copy that they would always be refills available to us. A few days ago I went to purchase a refill and it was "out of stock". I emailed theory 11 and I was told that it was "discountinued". Fine, except what about everyone who purchased it with the intention of being able to purchase refills. Now I have a worthless video that describes a method that I can never use ever again. My daughter's first magic trick, again will disappear like all memories because it cannot be performed ever again.

It's so nonsensical that you would release a product under these pretenses, or release a product at all that you will discountinue a few years later. I think that people who purchased it should get store credit or something to compensate them. What a way to say thank you to your customers. I mean break isn't even that old. Nonetheless, I digress...

I'm really sorry to hear that. I love Break, as well, and assumed we could buy refills. Hard to understand why they'd even discontinue it as it had to be one of their best effects.
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
*** would have loved to own this...too bad ya cant buy it anymore :/
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Does anyone know if its possible to contact Uday Jadugar personally for refills? - pending proof of purchase of course
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Or anywhere to purchase this?
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:

I wrote to Chan at Uday's company, and he said they don't manufacture them in small supply and that I should contact Theory 11. I'm thinking that maybe if enough of us ask, they may make up a batch?
The_March_Hare
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of The_March_Hare
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2020, gabelson wrote:
Quote:

I wrote to Chan at Uday's company, and he said they don't manufacture them in small supply and that I should contact Theory 11. I'm thinking that maybe if enough of us ask, they may make up a batch?

I'd do it
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Sent an email to theory11 and also messaged uday on facebook...well see what they respond with
Magicalos
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Theory11 got back and said they don't have any but they would let me know if more came in, but that's unlikely. havent heard anything from uday yet

so not looking good :/
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I don't own this but I would be wiling to bet it only works on the newer pennies and not the older solid copper ones. It is a good idea and it uses a good method to make them if my guess is correct. Hats off to you on your idea.

Ron
udayjadu
View Profile
Loyal user
Uday Jadugar
248 Posts

Profile of udayjadu
Sorry guys. It is laborious job. And nobody can easily copy. I gave exclusives rights to theory 11 to market it. I need to make 1000 sets at a time to make it. Means 1000x25 coins. If anybody buys the right from Theory 11 then I can supply.
Uday
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
This seems like it would be the perfect opportunity for Murphy's to jump-in and take over the manufacturing and distribution of 'Break' with their marketing prowess. They could surely make this project profitable while also incentivizing repeat sales from previous Theory 11 customers. IMO Break is one of the most impressive metal bending demonstrations you could ever have in your arsenal.
udayjadu
View Profile
Loyal user
Uday Jadugar
248 Posts

Profile of udayjadu
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2020, mrmagic0 wrote:
I don't own this but I would be wiling to bet it only works on the newer pennies and not the older solid copper ones. It is a good idea and it uses a good method to make them if my guess is correct. Hats off to you on your idea.

Ron

Thanks Ron,
You are correct.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Break by Uday Jadugar (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL