The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Is this non-Tenyo trick worth getting? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I remember seeing this trick advertised in the old magic magazines. But have never watched it until now.

You can see David Copperfield perform it. It is the trick where a coin appears and disappears form a small wooden block. It is exactly like the sort of cool trick you can imagine Tenyo releasing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqanfNI-iuU

I don't know anything about this trick. Does anyone know if it is any good? And if it is worth tracking down?

It seems like a neat effect. And I am surprised I have never seen it discussed before.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Bob

Can find a little more info here... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=0#20

I have the one put out a number of years ago by David Haversat called the Miracle Board, he also released a video on it. It is a nice classic prop, mechanics of the prop are fairly simple. Would take some work to do it well, I suspect many of them are unused... Including mine Smile Has been sold as a pitch item in the past.

John
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
It's called a Xylo Board. The master of this prop was Danny Tsukalis,who demonstrated magic at Macy's in New York. His handling of the board was superhuman.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I have one cheap (though well made and deceptive) version too, never used it either Smile It isn't hard to do, but it's hard to do well!
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Yes, like many Tenyo items, noise can be an enemy on this if not performed smoothly. I have the Miracle Board video instructions referenced above, unfortunately on VHS and that machine is long gone Smile
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Love to buy one. Where can I look..
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Google Xylo Board.
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Google it this way:

Xylo Board + magic trick
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Miracle coin board. coin penetration board. I too am looking for the best around,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Is this non-Tenyo trick worth getting? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL