The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Aiden Sinclair AGT Audition (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anand Khalsa
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
201 Posts

Profile of Anand Khalsa
What did you guy's make of Aiden Sinclair's audition for America's Got Talent? I am already familiar with him as a paranormal/bizarre performer, so I'm not sure what I think about his departure from his normal style.

Anand Khalsa
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
201 Posts

Profile of Anand Khalsa
Nobody has any thoughts? OK.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Shows what a great reaction you can get from a nice presentation of an inexpensive trick.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Great job Aiden!!
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
He did a Great Job looks like Invisible Deck .
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
I think that there is a lot upon which to comment, but it is not directly related to his performance of the effect.

First, those auditioning are limited to 90 seconds. I think this explains Aiden's choice to do something other than a paranormal/bizarre performance - it would be difficult to establish the appropriate environment for that kind of performance within 90 seconds without coming off as "hokey." Bizarre doesn't play well in a large arena to an audience that is there to see "variety arts." So the choice of an intimate card trick (note that it was just one - a nice choice for pacing) made sense. And he chose one of the most powerful card tricks there is (although it is well-known to magicians).

It was also interesting that he was establishing a character (which would be helpful if he got past the audition). His performance was pretty straightforward - it kept the effect clear - and he left open the possibility that he could naturally move into a "paranormal" direction. That would keep him from becoming the "card guy."

His ex-con persona (reformed by the love of a good woman - I smell a movie of the week) also added a great deal of interest. Since you seem to be familiar with Aiden, Anand, was any of that "back story" true? Or was it all a fiction for the show?

At any rate, I think his audition was carefully planned and orchestrated, and executed well.
revenantproductions
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of revenantproductions
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to say thanks for the support and comments.

I still perform bizarre Magic, but as said above the material as I prefer to perform it is very difficult to present within a 90 second window. Mike Super has a style that worked last year, but I try very hard to have my bizarre audience connect with the subject matter in way that will make them more emotionally attached to the effect. To accomplish this, a great deal of time is needed to develop a sympathetic report.

As for the back story,it is all true. I was not a good person and I had no place amongst the fine people who post on this forum.

I deeply regret who I was and I endeavor to be a better man and to pay back what I owe.

I am humbled to be among you and truly appreciate each and every one of you.

I do ask that as you post here that you remember that this thread now appears every time someone Googles my name, so out of respect to our craft, I beg that you not post about method.

There was a time that the society of magicians protected each other. We guarded our secrets well and bickering was contained to private meetings and correspondence.

In today's world this is no longer true. As soon as an effect is performed in a forum like America's Got Talent, it is disected and exposed.

Within minutes of my performance there were magicians publicly make comments about the use of an ID. Many said it was a beginner trick which they had at home in their drawer.

I would encourage them to take it out of that drawer and instead of taking to the Internet, take to the street and work wonder. For that is the greatest gift of being a magician.

Anyone can write a negative post. Only a magician can do magic.

I am not often on the Café but I will respond to any private message and again want to thank you all.

RS
Aiden
Anand Khalsa
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
201 Posts

Profile of Anand Khalsa
Thanks, Aiden! I understand now why you decided to perform what you did. I look forward to seeing you again on AGT! I don't understand why people are blatantly and publicly exposing the method to the effect. Good luck on the show!
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Yes Good Luck you performed the perfect trick & very confident ! I hope you go far I will be routing for you !! Showing the card first face down in the deck awesome !
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2015, tophatter wrote:
Showing the card first face down in the deck awesome !

I thought that was a great and gutsy move also, but I wonder if the TV audience noticed two things not quite right. He could have done a couple of (certain type of) cuts before casing the deck to cover one of those two things. But then, maybe I'm thinking too much. In any case, he did a tremendous presentation which I'm sure is being stolen by magicians around the globe by now.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2015, MJE wrote:
he did a tremendous presentation which I'm sure is being stolen by magicians around the globe by now.

you really think he is the only person to use this presentation?
Smile
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2015, the Sponge wrote:
you really think he is the only person to use this presentation?
Smile

Hmmmmm.....how did THAT thought get by me?!? Well, I can say that I'VE never seen it before. But I don't get out much.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Well Done Aiden

Good luck with moving on.

Tom
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
I will wish you good luck when all of the money is returned to the folks that you scammed!

Start with the good people of Jackson Hole.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
revenantproductions
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of revenantproductions
Please know that is why I am doing this. Everything that I make is going to restitution for my past. I am truly sorry for who I was and I am doing all that I can to repay those debts.
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2015, revenantproductions wrote:
Please know that is why I am doing this.

Bad guys can turn into good guys. It's fairly rare, but it happens. I'm sure the majority of us here wish him the best. Certainly his reply (quoted in part above) is a plus. It would be a lot easier to say nothing, I would guess.

Somehow, I doubt that we will ever hear something like that from a certain Bostonian.....
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Just saw Aidens show at the Browncoat Theatre in Wilmington,NC
the show is called Grift
it's an hour long show filled with entertainment (does that = Magician foolers don't know, but this evening was highly received by a paying public)
his sleights were tight, his style is funny yet courteous, his timing and pacing was right on, and the audience was talking about how much they enjoyed the Magic afterward
sounds like winning combinations to me good magic and happy audiences which in turn means people want more Magic in their lives(or more business for the rest of us)
Great Job Aiden
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
reese
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell
1332 Posts

Profile of reese
The clip was very entertaining to watch. (What it's all about) Besides being envious of you, I wish you the best in all of your higher endeavors. Hope it spirals upward for you.
koreancanuck
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, BC
60 Posts

Profile of koreancanuck
That was a great performance on AGT. Great performance. Great trick. It's been around for a while but still good and it still blows audiences away.
Youtube @koreancanuck
Instagram @thekoreancanuck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Aiden Sinclair AGT Audition (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL