We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Slydini (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lou Is
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Lou Is
I have heard that Slydini had very unique approaches to rope magic. Can anyone recommend a book?
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2098 Posts

Profile of John Long
I don't recall seeing Slydini doing rope tricks, are you thinking of the Slydini Silks?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
16950 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Slydini has a cut and restored rope trick in his books published by Louis Tannen, now E-Z Magic has the publication rights. I don't know if their was any other rope tricks in the book. One book is text and the other is all photos to clarify the text.

The Magical World Of Slydini - The Best Of Slydini ... and more

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13542

These were the last books Slydini wrote himself, and they are the best explanation of all the other books by Lewis Ganson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this review of the books on line:

2 volume sets by Karl Fulves.

The Magical World of Slydini is a two volume hardbound set (1 book of text, 1 book of photographs).

Contains the following Slydini routines:

Sweet Salt, Sugar Express, Encore Sponge Balls, Reincarnation, Slydini's Cut and Restored Rope, Equal-Unequal Ropes, Slydini's Close Up Rope Routine, Slydini's Aces, His version of Wild Card, Slydini Invisible Pass, Table Switch, Slydini Switch II, Slydini's Torn and Restored Newspaper, Gemini Coins, Sliding Silver, Slydini's Coin Gag, Slydini's Coin Clip, His Silk Knot Untying routine including "Splitting the Knots" and his previously unpublished "Houdini Silks", Slydini's Sympathetic Silks, The Torn Napkin Corner, and his Linking Ring Routine.

The 2 volume set includes over 90,000 words of text and more than 1300 photographs.

Contents include:

Slydini- a Brief Biography, Basic Precepts, Easy Routines and Moves, Basic Moves, The Purse Frame, Two Cigarette Routines, Slydini's Coin Classics, The Helicopter Card, Paper Balls Over the Head, Paper Balls in the Box, and much more.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"I am not always right, but I am never wrong."
Lou Is
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Lou Is
Thank you.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1242 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2098 Posts

Profile of John Long
Glad others had chimed in.

I had seen that video clip before, but as I initially stated "I don't recall seeing.."
Maybe I should write a companion to the "As I recall" book, and entitle it "I don't recall" Smile

As far as unique approaches - it looks like pretty standard methods, but its all Slydini in presentation.

John
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1242 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
The best part, now maybe standards, come from tony. look at his way of counting and his way of preparing the rope and cutting exact the rope for prof. nightmare.

jim cellini did it for many years
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2350 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Slydini had a cut and restored sold by Tannen's with a set of specially designed scissors handmade by Tony. I used to use it all the time to open for the Neff Rope.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I have a set of Tony's rope scissors....pretty nice prop....
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
3932 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I had a pair of the Slydini Scissors, years ago. but,sold them in a moment of weakness!!!

I used his method for cutting the Nightmare set up for years. Simple but brilliant.
agilulfe
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of agilulfe
You can see him perform his cut and restored on the Dick Cavett Show at 19'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s5XY9PDymQ
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Julie
I seem to remember there were two different versions of Slydini's or someone's rope scissors.
I THINK the second (less expensive) set was a different design/mechanics intended to head-off purchasers who might be tempted to buy knock offs from a renegade supplier.

Julie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Slydini (3 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.101098 seconds, requiring 40 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [1] [6] [3] [6] [1] [6] [3] [2] [7]