The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Triplex by David Forrest (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
I used to be a dealer and know that correct information and timely service are paramount.

Wait, you were a dealer!? Dude, when were you planning on telling us??
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2015, pegasus wrote:
You return, but with no news? Smile

Did you sleep? Hehehe
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
The buzz is we're all waiting to see whether or not Triplex is still available and if it is how quickly you might receive it based on David's availability to fulfil your order. I used to be a dealer and know that correct information and timely service are paramount. Best of luck and let us all know the outcome, especially pegasus who will no doubt suffer a bout of insomnia in the absence of an update.

Dear Mr. T.G. Jones,

Although it seems you find Pegasus funny and amusing, at least according to one of your
post above (Very good, Pegasus) regarding the content of my previous post, I'll continue
to be polite and gentle being as always faitful to my moral tenets and values.

With that in mind, I'd like to thank you for wishing me best of luck as I'll really need
it since the package will be as usual (I'm referring only to Full52) posted via Royal Mail's
"International Standard Airmail" shipping method.

Simply put, there is no tracking service provided in contrast with the majority
of UK based magic dealers (Alakazam, WorldMagicShop, MagicBox, to name a few) who use by default
the "International Tracked and Signed" as a shipping method.

In order, however, to prevent any confusion and misunderstanding, I make this clear that I DO NOT
in any way imply that there has been any delivery issue over the past few years in doing business
with Dave's company.

He was and he does remain besides a brilliant thinker and creator, a very nice guy, a professional
of a high calibre and a true gentleman as well.

There is however only one exception when an item I had once ordered did never show up.

However, as soon as I got in contact with Dave (that's the only hard part with him) he was kind
and generous enough to sent me a new copy the same day for free, of course.

Just for the records, the package arrived after only 6 calendar days!

As of any update of my ordrer's status, YES, I'll definitely let you know the outcome.
Besides, that's the main reason I chimed in for.

As of Pegasus' insomnia in the absence of an update, I'm not so sure about it.

He has to try harder to convince me. Smile

Kindest regards, as always.
Andrew K.
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life". BERTOLT BRECHT
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Just a short update.

Date: Sunday, 6th of December.

Time: 23:00 (local time), 21:00 (UK time)

Status of my order: Still "Awaiting Fulfilment", a.k.a "UNKNOWN".

Any reply, any info from Dave to my consecutively emails over the last few days: NONE

Status of my patience: Still under control...

Order placed: 27th of November.

Final conclusion: I really don't know what to say...
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Quote:
On Dec 6, 2015, Andrew J. K. wrote:
Just a short update.

Date: Sunday, 6th of December.

Time: 23:00 (local time), 21:00 (UK time)

Status of my order: Still "Awaiting Fulfilment", a.k.a "UNKNOWN".

Any reply, any info from Dave to my consecutively emails over the last few days: NONE

Status of my patience: Still under control...

Order placed: 27th of November.

Final conclusion: I really don't know what to say...

I have had serious problems with DF in the past regarding the lack of delivery. / customer service and actually got banned for a while off this forum for my troubles!
If you paid by PayPal then I would strongly suggest you put in a claim with them. I think you get 30 days from purchase to do so.
Don't hang around is my advice.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Hi, TheGreatRaymondo.

Thanks a lot for chimming in and for being as well so kind, helpful and informative.

I really much appreciate this.

It's really sad to hear you having serious problems with Dave in the past regarding
the lack of delivery and customer service in general.

But I don't understand why on earth did you get banned for a while off the Magic Café.

For causing troubles by simply saying your honest (although I have to admit
that I haven't read your past and supposed "contorversial" posts) opinion,
should I assume?

At the very least, it sounds ridiculous. Unless one or more of your posts have been
sort of insulting... And I mean really rude and offensive.

However I'm sensing Smile (a very short and ultimate effort to lighten the mood here,)
that simply this can't be true.

As of your suggestion to put in a claim, thanks once more for kindly trying to help
and get me out of trouble BUT (there is always a "BUT") it seems I wasn't lucky enough
with my purchase as unfortunately I paid by my credit/debit card and not using PayPal.

And let me remind you that I ordered besides TRIPLEX, two more items...

Bottom line: You are right by recommending me to act and stop hanging around, however
I really don't know what else to do.

I will send him tomorrow (Monday, 7th of December) one more email and then I'll wait for
the next 24 hours for a reply.

In case I get no reply from Dave, I'd be grateful if someone here in the Cafi
would be willing to kindly suggest me an effective path to follow.

Any help would be well appreciated.

Once more, a big thank you, TheGreatRaymondo, for being so kind and willing to help.

Kindest regards,
Andrew K.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
To Dave Forrest:

In case my request reaches in some way or other the person I used to know once upon (the brilliant thinker and creator,
the nice guy, the professional of a high calibre and the true gentleman as well), I'd much appreciated if he could email
me or leave me a PM here in the Cafi.

I do apologise for any inconvenience my posts may have caused by "hijacking" this thread even for a short period of time.

However I think that all the messages I have posted until now are without a doubt relevant to the subject of this thread as
IMHO each thread in this forum is not provided by the owner to its members only for posting reviews and comments about
the products but also for exchanging opinions about delivery issues and the quality of customer service in general regarding
the dealers who are selling their products and especially when it comes to well known magicians/performers who are running
a magic business at the same time.

I think that everyone here is interested to know the quality of any dealer's customer service such as immediate
and fast shipping, the ability to settle asap any order issue that can occur and leave the customer absolutely satisfied.

Thanks again for your attention and your patience.

Kindest regards,
Andrew K.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
While I'm still waiting for even a single word as a reply from David,
I finally decided to send him a PM.

Hope he will show up and settle the issue before I ...collapse due to nervous breakdown.

For those who haven't read my previous posts, the issue I'm referring to is an order
(TRIPLEX and a couple of other items) that I placed recently and paid almost 33.00 GBP for.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting over the past 12 days for either an update regarding the status
of my order or a shipment notification. Neither of them has showed up yet...

However the best case scenario would be to open my mailbox and find the posted package inside.
But that would be science fiction, I guess.

Once more I'm sorry folks for any inconvenience I may have caused by my successive
and maybe boring for some of you, posts in this thread.

But I'm deep frustrated and this was the only way to get in contact with him.
Hope you will understand me.

My sincere apologies to all of you.

All the best,
Andrew K.
lemonjug
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of lemonjug
I understand entirely. I've had exactly the same issues with Dave.

Ray
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Finally, I received an email from Dave.

It definitely wasn't in any way informative.
And he actually neither answered to my questions nor paid any attention to my worries
about the "fate" of my order. I don't know whether or not my order has been shipped.

If NOT, I don't know if it is because of either his lack of attention or
a staff member's mistake.

Or may be it has shipped but the package got somewhere lost...

These were exactly his words:

"Basically, if you haven't heard anything to the contrary, you should assume your order has been received,
is being processed and the goods are on their way to you".

For god's sake...

Simply put, he means something like this: "Whenever you don't get any reply to your emails or a shipment
notification, it's kind of self-evident that your order is on its way to you".

That seems to me pretty logical... Don't you agree?

As of the main reason for his 13 days of silence he pointed out that this is the busiest
time of the year...

Here are his exact words:

"This is our absolute busiest time of year so please forgive us if we don't find the
time to answer multiple queries about the whereabouts of orders over and above the auto
emails that we already send when orders are received and shipped. If you are not receiving
these, please check junk/spam folders".

He must be kidding...

Through his website? Really?
But that's exactly what I did and I was waiting for 13 days for a brief reply!

Bottom line, so what?

If he isn't able to fulfil the needs of his customers, I think it's better for all,
to simply close his business and stick with his main occupation as a brillinat thinker,
magic inventor and performer.

I asked kindly for a refund in case my package won't show up.
Unfortunately I didn't get not only a straight but also the slightest answer.

Why does every other well known magic dealer based either in the US or the UK
provide an excellent customer service regardless of the time period (in this case,
Christmas holidays)and the amount of orders they are placed in a daily basis?

Penguin Magic (US) The Magic Warehouse (US), Alakazam Magic (UK) WorldMagicShop (UK),
MagicBox(UK), Magic Tao (UK), the realative new MINDFX (the one of a kind, Michael Murray)
to name a few at random, all of them provide an excellent customer service.

They are always ready to answer almost immediate (at the same day) to their customer's emails
regardless of the kind of issue they're facing each time regarding either their orders (info
about the status of their order, shipping date, estimated date of arrival, etc.) or any request
for info (further details) about a product they intend to purchase.

In comparison with the aforementioned dealers, Dave's company receives just a tiny amount of
orders in a daily basis even during this time period (approaching Christmas).

With that in mind, the frantic pace and circumstances that all the above dealers are working under
during this period of time can't be compared in any way with the respective ones that Full52's team
are working under.

Let me remind you that my latest order's status is still showing "Awaiting Fulfillment" and he
assured me that my order (including TRIPLEX) has been shipped however without pointing out the
exact date or giving me further details about the "fate" of my package.

It's simple maths.

The ID of my previous order is #7201 and was placed on the 26th October 2015.
The ID of my last order (the one I hadn't any news over the past 13 days about)
is #7393 and was placed on the 27th November 2015.

The time between the two orders it's a month and a day... In total: 32 days.

During this time, the number of orders that was placed at Dave's website was 192.
Right?

If we divide 192 by 32, the result is 6, which means that the average amount of
Full52 company's daily orders do not exceed the number SIX!

Let me once more point out that I'm referring to the time period "end of October to end of November".

What makes the whole issue more interesting is that over this time he launched some attractive offers,
such as a 20% discount and a far more bigger discount during his BLACK FRIDAY special offer.

Despite the attractive prices the average daily order number didn't exceed 6.

Based on the calculation above, can all of you imagine how ...busy could someone be
to reply (just a few words would be fine) to a customer's email when he takes on average
6 orders in a daily basis despite the fact he offers at the same time big discounts?

That's why, IMHO he's main excuse for his "absence" in the MC or his "silence" regarding his
customer service are simply ridicilous!

Enough said.

I'm once more asking all of you to accept my sincere apologies for my quite a bit harsh criticism
towards Dave but I'm really one step before getting out of control.

It just doesn't fit my personality to being treated that way. I simply don't deserve it.

I'm sorry again for my huge post but I can't help it as my main occupation is being a writer and journalist. Smile

Warmest regards, as always.
Andrew K.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Dec 9, 2015, lemonjug wrote:
I understand entirely. I've had exactly the same issues with Dave.

Ray

Thaks a lot for your understanding, Ray. I really much appreciated.

All the best,
Andrew K.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
That's some seriously poor customer service. The problem he'll have is it will affect his business and people will go elsewhere. The days of getting away with that sort of behaviour are long gone. We have companies like Saturn Magic, Merchant of Magic and Alakazam that really understand the importance of customer service and more and more people will migrate to those businesses.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:
That's some seriously poor customer service. The problem he'll have is it will affect his business and people will go elsewhere. The days of getting away with that sort of behaviour are long gone. We have companies like Saturn Magic, Merchant of Magic and Alakazam that really understand the importance of customer service and more and more people will migrate to those businesses.

Thanks a lot for sharing with me your unbiased point of view.

Your comment is really much appreciated, Sean.

After all, it seems that I'm not the only one here who thinks that I'm
not an alien or a strange guy full of misery.

I'd like to say once more a big thanks to Sean and Ray for being both so
kind and supportive.

Wish you all the best, as always.
Andrew K.

P.S. As of the "fate" of my order (which remains after 14 days in
a status of "Awaiting Fulfillment") and the 33.00 quid I paid Dave
almost two weeks ago for purchasing TRIPLEX and two more items from
his company, I really don't now what to expect anymore.

HE has my 33.00 quid since the 27th of November.

Today is Saturday, the 12th of December and I got NOTHING.

Fair enough? I can hardly laugh or even smile anymore.

Best,
Andrew K.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Unless it's a download I typically don't order from dave. I wish things were different but they are what they are.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2015, Sean Giles wrote:

Well said Sean,could not put it any better.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Needless to say that I haven't yet received my order although I placed it 20 days ago.

The status of my order in my account at Dave's website is still: "Awaiting Fulfillment" (surprise!!!),
although he told me in his latest brief email firstly that my package has been shipped and secondly
assured me that it will show up soon...

I replied to him by sending him an email full of rage, in which I recommended him, among others, to close
his business if he's not capable to provide a decent customer service.
All I'm asking for is a refund.

And just for the records dear gentlemen, I paid 10.00 GBP for shipping costs (Standard International Airmail)
which of course provides no tracking when at the same time the great majority of UK's magic dealers offer in
that price fully tracking service ("International Tracked and Signed" shipiing method).

If this not a steal what else could be?

I'll never purchase anything from Full52 again. Period.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Andrew:
Did you pay by PayPal ?
If so you have a maximum of 30 days from the date of order to submit a claim on them for a full refund so do it immediately if you did pay by PayPal.
If you paid by credit card then begin the process of making a claim for a full refund with them.
I don't think you have any choice anymore.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
At least we haven't got Ferguson sticking up for his old mate.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2015, pegasus wrote:
At least we haven't got Ferguson sticking up for his old mate.

Very well said, Pegasus.
Andrew J. K.
View Profile
Loyal user
GREECE
263 Posts

Profile of Andrew J. K.
First fo all, I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas and a great time.
I'd like also to wish you a Happy New Year full of health, love, success and happiness.

Secondly, I just wanted to inform you that I finally got a reply from Dave to one of my
latest successive emails I sent him over the past month.

The important -only from a practical point of view- thing is that he offered me a refund,
which according to his assurance, will show up in my credit card's account within a time
frame of 5 to 10 days.

But the real essential feature/characteristic of his response is WHAT ELSE HE DID SAY
and WHAT HE DIDN'T SAY...

Hmmm... I feel you look a little bit confused.

I'll give you some info briefly for now and I'll be back soon
with the essence of Dave's detailed reply within the next few days.

Needless to say that there were neither an excuse for being so arrogant by ignoring
my successive emails nor the slightest apology for his unprofessional behaviour and
rude attitude towards me both as a customer and as a person.

Since it's too late now in Athens (3:45am) and I'm not really in the mood to get
into further details (funny and fictional things he came up in order to express
himself by acting as nothing bad, strange or wrong has ever happened between us),
I think I'll stop here but only for the moment.

Once more, a Happy New Year to all of you and I do apologize for being once
more so boring by ...insisting to share with you my worries.

A big thank you for all your suggestions in order to get my money back and as well
for being supportive regarding this thread and my dispute/conflict with Mr. Forrest.

Warmest regards, as always.
Andrew K.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Triplex by David Forrest (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL