The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Miracle Man Method (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Sep 21, 2016, o. wrote:
I was hesitant but finally took the step and paid the 597. So far I have no regrets. 3M is still in "intro phase" as trainings start this weekend, but I can't help to be a little anxious about all the material to come. Aaron's teaching ist VERY good, and does not include the same hard selling preacher style he presented in some pre-training videos.

Thanks for letting us know your impression. If you don't mind, I would also be interested in your opinion, as the training goes on. I don't have 600 dollars to spend now, and I'm a hobbyist, I don't make any money in doing magic. Still, it's possible that one day I will try to join the group, maybe next year, but I hope the price won't go up again. I'm very interested in learning what is this core "unknown" element that Aaron is talking about and that it exists something much more important than presentation, construction, misdirection and technique.
o.
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of o.
I will happily report on what's happening once I am a little further down the road with 3M.
o.
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of o.
Training started yesterday and the first module has been released. The material I have access to is more than I could have imagined. Saying this with having viewed only a little part yet. The teaching is so much different from what I have seen and experienced so far. I have read books starting with Card College, bought countless DVDs and live lectures as well as tons of single tricks and props - all together worth a little fortune - but gaining access to Aaron Fisher's ways of seeing and describing things makes this purchase not feel like a purchase anymore.

So far, I'm impressed - deeply.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Thanks o. for the comment. Really informative. Hope you will keep us updated.

I have purchased several of Fisher's effects. I didn't thought his teaching and way of explaining were excellent, but not bad either. Even in his recent The Rising (I get that for free from Ellusionist), in his teaching there were a lot of useless speech. I personally only have a few old videos on the classics, and the teaching generally was good, really. I learned a lot (although there was also a lot of things I didn't use; just not my style).

By the way, do you think the content of what you're learning will improve your magic with gimmicks ? I personally love gimmicks, some of them are always with me. I hope with Fisher's MMM, the effects of magic using gimmicks can be also greatly improved and have more impact on spectators.
thesmurfman
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of thesmurfman
I completely agree with o.
Class started strong, and is truly something special and deeper and richer than I anticipated.
I believe what we are learning, will simply improve our magic in every way, including many we did not even know we needed to improve.
o.
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of o.
Week 1 of the training. I have a feeling of starting all over again - in a kind of way. I thought having watched so many tutorials from Masters of their art and relentless training would have got me to an acceptably good level. At first, I was a little frustrated to find out that I wasn't really where I thought I would stand. Frustration then turned into amazement when digging deeper into the material. The 3M topics which have been presented the past week are not mind blasting new and have been taught in hundreds of DVDs before. But the way the material is taught is definitely rocket science. I was not aware that the most basic moves such as an overhand shuffle could be perfected to such a degree. Aaron Fisher is making me aware of things that you only have a chance to perceive if you learn a move in a painfully almost obtrusive slow frame by frame way. He really knows what he is talking about and I fully trust that he has sussed out a highly effective and motivating method of teaching magic.. and I mean magic!

mh1001, so far no gimmicks in sight. The tutorials ahead are locked and will only open as we go. Another subtlety of the program. It forces you to first digest the material before taking next steps. For me it seems to works just perfectly. The order of the topics introduced in the program is very cleverly put together. Trainings are accompanied by fantastic card tricks which make you work with simple moves framed by subtle, "natural" high impact misdirection.

I have also enrolled in Pathways. The combination of 3M with Pathways (a systematic library of card magic tutorials, from basic to very advanced sleight of hand paired with Aaron Fisher's way of teaching) will help me to advance solidly. Somewhere in this thread I read that Pathways teaches you the moves in extreme detail to become a good technician whereas 3M teaches you how to present it to become a great magician. I totally agree!

Off to module 2. All card tricks this week Smile
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Thanks a lot for this information.

Concerning my question about gimmicks, I was not asking if he would show some tricks using gimmicks, but if his teaching will improve our magic without and with gimmicks. I have the feeling it's indeed the case. Also, if his teaching helps to develop our creativity, I also guess it may help us create some new effects, with and without gimmicks.

Hoped I had 600 dollars to spend. This course looks fantastic, given what you say here. I'm becoming more curious.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Maybe it is the cynical part of me but I woudnt put any value on review of 600$ course on persons who have just few posts at the Café. It just seems little bit too good for them to appear here just to highly review the course especially after some really negative experience on last page...
o.
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of o.
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2016, korttihai_82 wrote:
Maybe it is the cynical part of me but I woudnt put any value on review of 600$ course on persons who have just few posts at the Café. It just seems little bit too good for them to appear here just to highly review the course especially after some really negative experience on last page...

Please don't judge me from the amount of posts I have on the café. This could be discouraging from writing posts after 2 years of lurking. Just for your assurance, I do not work for Aaron Fisher and have no personal or financial interest in writing my impressions on 3M. I am just a regular guy who started with magic 2 years ago who found a great teaching resource on card magic.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2016, korttihai_82 wrote:
It just seems little bit too good for them to appear here just to highly review the course especially after some really negative experience on last page...

If I read correctly through this thread, the only negative comments are from those who dislike the fact that Aaron Fisher appeared reluctant to refund money to people who put this request. Nothing to do with the content of the course. There is just one guy here who said that, although the teaching was rich, it doesn't suit his style, or something like this.
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
Regular user
Nelson
137 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
Aaron Fisher is knowledgeable and overall a nice guy. Let's not be too harsh and keep the good ones in the circle.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Any news by the way ? As time passes, I'm thinking maybe I will enroll in the course next year. I'm started to save money. I hope there won't be another inflation of the price, because otherwise...

Anyway, I'm curious to hear more about those who are studying Fisher's method. How things are going ?
Wabojeg
View Profile
New user
Ann Arbor
78 Posts

Profile of Wabojeg
Hello. I posted in the Miracle Man this last September. At first, I had some reservations as I was behind and watching the coaching calls intimidated me and made me feel even more behind! I also am not thrilled that, other than the coaching calls, the main contact is through a closed Facebook page. But that is just me, I don't enjoy Facebook that much. I didn't see a way to get individual questions answered without using one of these two forums. Maybe I missed something.

I'm far from a card magician, but I certainly do effects with cards. However, after years of working in the business world, I've had a hard time getting back into magic. I wanted this course to provide a solid pedagogical approach to bring me along with a group of learners; however, the work at your own pace of the program I think has made it a little more difficult for me.

All of that said, the psychology of performing is worth the price of admission. The subtleties and touches that take a good effect and bring it up to a much greater mystery are top notch. I'm not doing good with the coin part of things. As when I was a kid, my left-handedness does get in the way. Yet when one thinks of the great Rene Levand, it is embarrassing to suggest that being left handed is a real obstacle!

All and all I am pleased with the material and the teaching. I am sure I will spend many years absorbing and going back to the training videos to review thing and fix problems.

Kevin
dennye
View Profile
New user
Toledo Ohio
41 Posts

Profile of dennye
I just went through the whole course and I can say that anyone who wants to take magic seriously, this is great course. I am now applying the many principles I learned through the program to all of the effects that I do, not just the ones that I learned in the program. This has made the magic I do, more magical and more impossible looking and more smoother and confident in the secret moves to make them flow. I would definitely take the course again if I had to do it all over again. As long as you apply everything that you learned through the program, you will use what you learned every time you perform. You do learn a few good effects also. I even was able to make improvements on some the the tricks I was already doing by taking this course. Before taking the course, I had no coin routine and now I have a killer one that I learned through the program and it just completely fries everyone and it is so simple to do. From what I seen, some people get frustrated with the course trying to get through the first module but I kept moving forward, always coming back to those first couple of modules, practicing them on a daily basis but not letting them hold me back from moving forward. I hope this helps in making your decision...
dr_catman
View Profile
New user
Singapore
74 Posts

Profile of dr_catman
Anyone know when the next course in up again?
sennheiser
View Profile
New user
Germany
68 Posts

Profile of sennheiser
Hi tere,

now is the new course up. can somebody maybe describe how the 2016 course went. was it worthwhile?
597 dollar is a big investment for me, so I like some feedback before giving so much money.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2017, sennheiser wrote:
Hi tere,

now is the new course up. can somebody maybe describe how the 2016 course went. was it worthwhile?
597 dollar is a big investment for me, so I like some feedback before giving so much money.

No it's not. I've purchased it several months ago. There are nice concepts and ideas taught. But in my opinion, it's worth 250-300 dollars maximum. Not 600. I haven't watched module 6 yet, and I want to write a review after this is done. I hope next week I will have enough time for that.

I don't understand why people here are praising it so much...

Oh, and before I forget, I looked at the description once more : Over 30hrs of core 3M video training. For what I've seen, each module (1-6) don't exceed 2 hours each, although it depends on whether you include the Q&A section as a part of the "training". I got far less than 30hrs.
sennheiser
View Profile
New user
Germany
68 Posts

Profile of sennheiser
@mh1001:
thank you for your feedback. I would be interested in your review.
seems like I will pass on this one.
597 dollars is for me as a hobbyist really not a small amount of money, so I'm happy that I got your reply.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I'm also a hobbyist, though I'm very serious when I perform, and I want the best of the best of the best. Which is why I purchased 3M. I have hesitated, just like you, before hitting the purchase button. But at the end, I did. I don't know if I regret it or not. I tend to say yes. A big yes. I know that I will get some updates (i.e., bonus videos) as time passes, but for what I got so far (videos+bonuses), it's twice or 3x times too expensive for what you get. Also, if you're an expert, you won't find it very useful (because you know about misdirection, construction, concealments, etc.), although even as an expert you'll still find the ideas are truly nice, but not worth 600 dollars. Beginners who really are starting magic will get much more than experts.

What Aaron teaches you are advanced techniques of concealment of dirty moves, advanced misdirection, etc. I have never seen or heard anything like this anywhere, and that's why I can say I like what I've learned. But again, 600 dollars is too high.

There's also one thing I cannot accept is that these are all streaming videos, and sometimes I have big issues with my internet connection. Sometimes, I cannot watch the videos when I want. When I'm not at home, I don't have my computer, it would be nice if I could watch the videos when I want to kill time. But you cannot download these videos. I asked, they don't allow that, there is no way you can discuss that with them. 600 dollars for this, is unacceptable.

And you may want to skip some sections in the video, if you want to rewatch only a particular section/moment of the video, and so you will want to jump to a particular section of the video, but it's difficult to do that, it rarely worked for me, so I had to re-watch the entire video again, which is rather annoying.
sennheiser
View Profile
New user
Germany
68 Posts

Profile of sennheiser
I didn't know that its not possible to download the videos.
this is not a good thing, because if I go for example to holliday and have no internet available, I cant look at the videos that I paid for.
I never liked this.

I am a fairly decent hobbyist and I plan to do some paid gigs in the future, therefore I am in search for a "mentor" who could guide me.
this was the main reason I was interested for "Miracle Man Method".
I have enough books/DVDs/downloads, but I lack some guidance in my progress as a performer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Miracle Man Method (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL