The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Take Note by Seamus Maguire presented by Atlas Brookings (Instant Download) (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
CSArscott
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of CSArscott
Just Spotted this on Penguin

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5838

Anyone downloaded it yet?
Chris
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Tempted to get that intro price. And it's look so good.
johnreagan
View Profile
New user
TX/TN
20 Posts

Profile of johnreagan
Got me very curious, but the demo doesn't show me enough to make me think it's not what I think it is... and I am hesitant to pay to "check". =) Very interested in quick feedback from anyone who picks it up this afternoon. Were you pleasantly or less-than-pleasantly surprised by method?
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Now that does look very good indeed.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I wonder what makes this new? Seems really interesting. But something about using post it notes sets me off.

Always good to have different methods/routines for different situations though!
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

MRAC
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of MRAC
Would be interested too. But from the beginning of the trailer it looks like spec draws something, stack ist given back and then returned to the spec while telling them to put it in theír pocket.If that's the case I'll stay away from it.
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
268 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Wouldn't it be way too obvious if it were what we all seem to be thinking it is?
Then again, I guess I'd better wait for reviews. Smile
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
It's awesome. So clean, easy and deceptive plus it's a principle that is always with you. I almost never speak on products anymore but this is awesome.
P3
practice practice perform.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2015, johnreagan wrote:
Got me very curious, but the demo doesn't show me enough to make me think it's not what I think it is... and I am hesitant to pay to "check". =) Very interested in quick feedback from anyone who picks it up this afternoon. Were you pleasantly or less-than-pleasantly surprised by method?

I agree. I'll actually be surprised if it isn't the obvious answer, especially with the ad copy in the trailer

virtually self-working
items can be borrowed - I'm presuming that means the pen and the post-it pad

But always hoping for a pleasant surprise.

Would it be fishing too hard to ask if this will work if they use very little pressure when they write? Smile
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Gotta love Penguin's ads. Contains no relevant, pertinent information. All they do is sell the sizzle - which works.

I too am interested in this but waiting for some reviews.
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3353 Posts

Profile of Looch
You'll enjoy this definitely!!! And for the price, it's a steal Smile
Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/ Learn Mentalism with the Pro's: https://www.mymind.rocks
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Oh yes, I will hang on for reveiws,ok I might miss the low cost at the moment but if it's good and the principle is that devious, I may invest.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Not sure about this one. It appears to be a bit transparent, and even if I'm wrong, I can see a spectator thinking that and being less impressed.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Just bought it. Just watched it.

It's brilliant.
johnreagan
View Profile
New user
TX/TN
20 Posts

Profile of johnreagan
@looch am I doing the stealing, or is Penguin? Haha

@ted f, @looch:

Is it too much to ask the following...?

(1) Is this principle best *practically* applied to sticky-note pads, as shown in the trailer? E.g., don't deviate too much, or is this easily flexible?

(2) Is it reasonable to expect this can be done with a Sharpie?
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
Hmm. Bought it. I like the method, and tried it out. Didn't work the first times. It might easily be me. But my first impression is, that it's apparently not as simple and self-working as advertised. I might have to experiment with different "objects"...
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
189 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
...okay, it's improving... In case someone else should run into a similar problem (I can't really describe it here without exposing large parts of the method), then feel free to pm me.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Got it too. Brilliant.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Just purchased, just watched and just tried out on myself. Yes, it works and works well.

If you can imagine yourself in a performance situation as shown eg asking a spectator to draw a picture on some post its, it is a method I think many will like and use. It is easy, almost sure fire but there is a back up if need be.

It was also a joy to watch Atlas perform and present, especially the way he engages the spectators.

For the modest price it is, as Looch says, 'a steal.'

Neil
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
On the back of Atlas' endorsement I picked this up - and I'm glad that I did!

It's definitely a worker - low-tech, simple, and flexible.

To answer some of the questions others have posed:

1) While I've not tried it out - I imagine the principle could be used with other writing materials/pads. That said you'll probably have the experiment.

2) I just tried the technique with a sharpie and I didn't have any luck - but again, with the right combination of "materials" it might be possible.

Mister E. mentioned that it didn't work the first time for him (which is quite possible given the method) but I personally had NO issues whatsoever with the items sitting on my desk.

A few people have commented on the possibility of this being too transparent - to me this is no more "transparent" than any other technique already in our repertoire(s). Immediately after watching the download I developed a handling that, for me, feels a bit more motivated and natural but as far as "information gathering" is concerned it will definitely be a "go-to" in my arsenal.

Let me temper all of my comments with the truth that I've had ZERO flight time with this in front of a real audience (I just wrapped up the video a few minutes ago) but I can't imagine my thoughts changing towards this idea/product.

My "prediction" is that there will be a polarized response to this release - some (like me) will love it, others won't - but I hope some of the information above helps others in their decision process.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Take Note by Seamus Maguire presented by Atlas Brookings (Instant Download) (27 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL