The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shadow Splitter by Hui Zheng (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Hey Gang,

Have a look at this:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5860

A new creation from a young magician currently in college. It's a hand-made gimmicked card, and right now we've only got about 20 of them. (More on the way.) Made by a nice kid, Hui, who is currently doing school at Penn State. When you get the trick from Penguin, you'll also get a download from me explaining a real-world handling (that uses a Top Change), and you'll own a trick that pretty much nobody else in the world (except for me, Justin Flom, and Hui himself ) own. Here to answer questions for ya.

-Rick
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Got mine!!!!
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2015, Lou Cirulli wrote:
Got mine!!!!

Enjoy, Lou.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Looks great, I placed an order, but to do Rick's routine, I assume we would need to have what looks to be a Bee deck?
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
TuneHV,

Yes, you need a bee deck. When you get shadow splitter, you get 3 special cards. 1 is the gimmicked changing card, and then you also get a 'normal' cut-out ace and a 'normal' cut-out deuce. So you force the deck's regular deuce, then you say you're going to find and alter their card in a magical way, then you pull out the cut out ace, and as they'e saying "no," you switch it for the gimmicked switcher, then you do the shadow effect, and then if they want to see the deuce, we also include the cut-out deuce for examination. So just a basic top change is all you need to do whole routine. And, yes, a Bee deck. (The reason these are on Bee is that the gimmicked is better covered by the diamond design. I mean, if you're performing it correctly; people aren't even looking at the gimmick; they're looking at the shadow, but just for extra coverage.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Got it, that's what I figured just making sure. Thank you.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Looks fn great.
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
Got it, that's what I figured just making sure. Thank you.

Welcome!
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
As promised. we are sold out of Shadow Splitter. We've got an order from Hui on the way, though, I'm told. Will let you know when back in stock. Thx.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
So I really like this- its very visual and certainly different from your typical card trick.

I'm thinking of changing the routine around slightly because there really is no justification for why their chosen card would all the sudden have holes in the pips.

So after their card is chosen, I would hold a lighter under the pack for a few seconds to show that it burned a hole in only their selected card, then do the rest of the routine with the change.

I'll also add some burn/soot marks to the card so it looks a bit more believable.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Aug 18, 2015, TuneHV wrote:
So I really like this- its very visual and certainly different from your typical card trick.

I'm thinking of changing the routine around slightly because there really is no justification for why their chosen card would all the sudden have holes in the pips.

So after their card is chosen, I would hold a lighter under the pack for a few seconds to show that it burned a hole in only their selected card, then do the rest of the routine with the change.

I'll also add some soot marks to the card so it looks a bit more believable.

How bout fill the hole with red flash paper and burn it in flashy-style. Just a spontaneous thought, though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shadow Splitter by Hui Zheng (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL