The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Anyone with any opinions?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
As a judoka myself I can say Ronda is a hell of a fighter. A pure pleasure to see such skill on display. And I hope I never meet her across a mat. I am a big fan.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
I believe Rousey will win, and win easily.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Rousey's cuter.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Rousey is extra mad at her for her comments about suicide. I think she's gonna get it good!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Rousey always finds a way to be "extra mad". She is the bad girl they are trying to sell and doing it quite well.

Beyond that she is an amazing Judo practitioner. If she retires young enough, it will be undefeated. It is a SERIOUS discrepancy in talent there between her and anyone close. Beyond luck she is going to be champ for a while.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RogerTheShrubber
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of RogerTheShrubber
The Vegas over / under is a round and a half. I feel pretty comfortable with the under and predict that Correia leaves with a broken arm.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The only flaw in the plan for Rousey is wanting to punch her.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
The only flaw in the plan for Rousey is wanting to punch her.

I should think that Rousey could put her in an arm bar and, just before she taps out, release her, punch her (her discretion on the number of punches), then reestablish the arm bar.

Easy peasy.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
She seems angry because of things Correia said about her father. I don't know but it sounded like she wants to let the fight go and punch with her.

Not sure anger is the best way to contemplate strategy for a fight. This Correia is no joke.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:

I don't know but it sounded like she wants to let the fight go and punch with her

I don't think it means she necessarily wants to stand up and trade punches. But I think she probably does have better hands standing up anyway. She may try to stand up but if she gets in trouble she's just going to bulldog Correia, take her down, and do whatever she wants on the ground.

Those highlights of Correia winging punches at some girl standing up against the cage, that's not gonna happen in this fight. Rhonda will just drag her or throw her to the ground. I think the punching Rhonda is talking about is from the mount. I think she plans to take her down and instead going for a submission right away, do some ground and pound. If she doesn't break Correia when she throws her to the ground that is.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That does seem to be the smart play.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
I think Rousey is just so strong and her technique as far as judo and grappling are so pristine that if she feels one punch that bothers her she's just going to go back to what she does best. It wouldn't be wise to toy with Correia, but if Rhonda just stays focused and in control I think she will destroy her. Either by submission or TKO, and probably in the first round. Maybe the second.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have to say her hands have gotten much better. She really is an amazing athlete.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Then again, Rhonda might get knocked the **** out. lol But I wouldn't bank on it.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I agree that there is a big discrepancy in skill when comparing her to the rest of the competition. It's like Royce Gracie in the first couple of UFC's.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Well that didn't take long. Like Lunatik said. The woman's game especially in this division is still kind of a phony game. It's not a real competition, Rousey is just light years ahead of the competition right now. It'll be a couple years before there's true parity in the division because she started so young, she was a fighter long before there was women's MMA with her competition background.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
If only Andy Kaufman were still around to challenge Rhonda to a wrestling match!

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Oh yeah...just put me in the ring and let Rousey wrap those legs around me and...never mind. Smile Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The woman is an amazing athlete.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL