The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Aussie money work around (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kel says poof
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of Kel says poof
Gidday guys and girls,

I'm interested in your thoughts on a possible work around for Australian currency. Heres the dilemma.

As you know (or if you don't ) our notes aren't paper....they're made from a type of Polymer plastic, making it impossible to tear without using scissors. They're also different colours.

I have found using a TT quite difficult while performing the Bill switch (because of how stiff it is) so I have opted to use a variation of the Möbius Switch by Glenn West.....it's still tough because our bills don't fold flat and spring open when palmed. As you can imagine we are very limited in the amount of effects using bills.

Which brings me to the work around.

I start by telling the group about this amazing trick a brilliant magician taught me when I was in the U.S last month doing a major corporate event (Ninja self promotion....lets them know I do corporate work) would you like to see it?

I ask for a bill. It Doesn't matter which one because the switch always produces a U.S $1 bill.....the line I use to justify the switch is "Well, that's about what you get for your $5 (or whatever note they gave you) ...I then say "Hey, don't blame me, blame the economy" I then go into the routine. At the end I give them the choice of having me magically returning their money or holding onto the U.S dollar and what a few months as an investment and cash it in for a higher value....its a smart investment with our current government. Doesn't matter which way they go because I reproduce regardless.....I have to fly to the States later this year for another corporate event (Ninja move 2)

What do you think? Does my back story justify using a paper U.S note for my effect? Maybe some Aussie guys can use it or perhaps PM me with a better method?

Cheers Kel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Aussie money work around (0 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.037925 seconds, requiring 10 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [1] [4] [9] [7] [7] [6] [1] [3] [0]