The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube FX (74 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2015, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2015, Mano wrote:
There you have it guys:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DPSJ......_o00_s00

I should mention that they come from china and take about 3 weeks to arrive but it is worth it, they are really smooth and very quiet right out of the box , really cheap as well . Also they are slightly smaller than the standard size which is 57 mm.

I hope that helps.

Is this the cube Steven Brundage uses?

Although I don't have the DVD yet, by looking at the demo I believe it is.
Doughlas
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
173 Posts

Profile of Doughlas
I got Cube FX on Friday and finished watching all 3 DVDs that come with it. This is the purchase I'm the most pleased with this year. There's easy effects that beginners will be able to do, to some more advanced stuff on the DVDs. Very well taught, lots of extra ideas thrown around and even a Facebook group so owners of the DVDs can share further ideas. As said previously you don't need to know how to solve the Cube in order to do the basic effects, but the 3rd DVD teaches you the entire basic method to solve the Cube, how to Speed Solve, and how to legitimately Blindfold solve the cube should you want to undertake learning it.

I would say this is my best purchase this year!
John George
View Profile
New user
California
25 Posts

Profile of John George
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
How many and what kind of cubes will this require?

Some of the routines require three cubes. Much of it is best suited for speed cubes. There is a section on the DVD set the discusses cube selection.

Hope this helps.
John George
View Profile
New user
California
25 Posts

Profile of John George
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2015, silksock wrote:
Would this work for platform?

Much of the magic on Cube FX would be great for platform. The routine I regularly do which is on the second DVD is great for close-up or platform. The only limitation is on how far away they can see that the matching cubes actually match. I recently did this routine for 150 players and coaches at the Raiders Football camp. It went over extremely well.

I hope this helps.

John George
Heinstein
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Heinstein
CUBE FX CREDIT UPDATE:
John George and I placed a history and credits section on CUBE FX in which we did our best to give credit where it is do. With Cube Magic it has been hard to do because a lot of people had kept their routines and ideas underground, much like John George and I had been.

We credit Garrett Thomas and Gregory Wilson with having come up with the idea of doing a matching prediction effect (of course this can also be performed as a display of skill as I do in the CUBE FX routine). We have since been informed that Gregory Arce also created a prediction effect with a Rubik's Cube circa 2000 (which also used a paper bag in a different way). Gregory Arce was the consultant for a similar effect that Keith Barry performed on his 2006 TV special. It's difficult to know who was actually the first, but all three should be mentioned as well as George Tait (Patrick Redford) for also developing particularly devious cube matching effects and quick solves with a Rubik's Cube.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Very kind of you Heinstein. A true professional.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Therealmagician
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Therealmagician
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2015, videoman wrote:

There you have it guys:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DPSJ......_o00_s00

Is this the cube Steven Brundage uses?

Yes it is. I've just ordered 5 of them from AliExpress.
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
I ordered mine early hours this morning and it's shipped already. Great service Karl.

Myke
X
Heinstein
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Heinstein
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2015, Myke Phillips wrote:
I ordered mine early hours this morning and it's shipped already. Great service Karl.

Myke
X

Thanks Myke,
I hope you receive it soon! I use iunlockyourmind all the time. One of the very few magic apps I use at gigs. I'm sure you'll find something on CUBEFX that will interest you too. Looking forward to hearing your feedback.
Myke Phillips
View Profile
Inner circle
Myke Phillips
1213 Posts

Profile of Myke Phillips
Very kind of you to mention that Karl. Big smile over here Smile

I remember watching your performance of the CubeFX at international magic convention and it was absolutely fooling, entertaining and genuinely amazing. I'm very excited to receive this.

Myke
X
Heinstein
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Heinstein
I would like to give a public Thank You and endorsement to Anthony Masi of the Black Rabbit Magic Series who filmed, edited and produced CUBE FX. I have worked with A LOT of videographers and editors over the years and Anthony has been by far the most professional and time efficient producer that I have every worked with. He's fun to be around, gives great insights during production and his turnaround time is second to none. If you haven't seen any of his Black Rabbit Magic Series you should check out the new Will Fern videos and the Hannibal videos. THANKS ANTHONY!
Anthony Asimov
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Anthony Asimov
Thanks, Karl. It was a so much fun working with you and John!

To anyone on the fence about Cube FX: I edited this project and by default have studied each and every frame of footage... I can adamantly say that this DVD set is a fantastic resource for anyone getting into magic with cubes. I can't imagine anyone buying this and then feeling the need to buy another DVD on the same subject after watching it. The routines are powerful, each move is clearly explained, and there's SO MUCH bonus material... On top of that, Karl and John have great chemistry together so they're fun to watch as they walk you through the material.

Such a great DVD... so proud to have been a part of it. Thanks again, guys!

(If anyone's wondering... "Masi" is my real last name) Smile

Check out www.BlackRabbitSeries.com!
Anthony Asimov
www.AnthonyAsimov.com
Therealmagician
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Therealmagician
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2015, Anthony Asimov wrote:
I can't imagine anyone buying this and then feeling the need to buy another DVD on the same subject after watching it.

I agree that CUBE FX is a great project and I learnt a lot from it but I would argue that anyone interested in cube magic would learn a lot from The Cube and Cube 3 that isn't covered on CUBE FX.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Got this today as a birthday present from my bud Michael Dustman. What an awesome way to spend a long holiday weekend!
John George
View Profile
New user
California
25 Posts

Profile of John George
I need to also thank Anthony Asimov (Masi) for his work on Cube FX. He was amazing to work with and we couldn't be happier with the results. He is a true professional. I look forward to seeing more of his work wherever it takes him.

On a side note- I want to mention that if you are serious about getting good at solving a cube you should go to Rubik's cube competitions and enter. They are a very accepting group of people and you can learn a lot.

Also- if you own Cube FX don't forget to join the Facebook forum. It's a great place to ask questions and discuss ideas.

John George
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
My copy landed at home today, can't wait to get stuck in tonight Smile

I also wish to say that the customer service and speed of delivery from Karl was amazing!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Joe S.
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
270 Posts

Profile of Joe S.
I just binge-watched the entire DVD set. Karl and John absolutely KILLED IT. These guys aren’t just award-winning magicians, but they're both both working pros, and it shows in their thinking, routining, and teaching.

Routines: 10/10
These are world-class routines for workers, by workers. They're practical, quick to reset, and very, very entertaining. I think it's very important that cube magic be entertaining, because not everyone in your audience likes puzzles. These routines will win anyone over. Plus, they've been honed and tested in front of live audiences for years. No pipe dreams or impractical conditions.

Teaching: 10/10
We've all seen DVDs from great magicians who are horrible teachers. It's a slog. Good news: This ISN'T the case here. The teaching here is TOP FLIGHT. They leave no detail unexplored and the crediting is extensive. I also really appreciated the bonus section detailing all the different cubes, lubrication, upkeep, etc. I will reference it later, I'm sure.

For Beginners: 10/10
The original "Your Can Solve The Cube" DVD is included on disc 3. I think this is brilliant, because it ensures that all who learn these routines will have the tools to fix any screwup, handle any situation, and one day create their own cube magic. Also, you'll be able to solve any cube, anytime, anywhere. It's just a good thing for any magician to know. And Tyson is the man.

Props: None included
Honestly this is probably for the best. You'll need multiple cubes for two of the routines, and it's probably cheaper to just get them on Amazon. Also, you're not paying for extra stuff if you already own some cubes you like. I liked the Dayan 2 Guhong, but you may prefer the original Rubik's Cube. These work with ANY 3x3 cubes.

IMHO, this is the release of the year! Thanks Karl & John!
Joe
Heinstein
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Heinstein
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2015, Joe S. wrote:
I just binge-watched the entire DVD set. Karl and John absolutely KILLED IT. These guys aren’t just award-winning magicians, but they're both both working pros, and it shows in their thinking, routining, and teaching.

Routines: 10/10
These are world-class routines for workers, by workers. They're practical, quick to reset, and very, very entertaining. I think it's very important that cube magic be entertaining, because not everyone in your audience likes puzzles. These routines will win anyone over. Plus, they've been honed and tested in front of live audiences for years. No pipe dreams or impractical conditions.

Teaching: 10/10
We've all seen DVDs from great magicians who are horrible teachers. It's a slog. Good news: This ISN'T the case here. The teaching here is TOP FLIGHT. They leave no detail unexplored and the crediting is extensive. I also really appreciated the bonus section detailing all the different cubes, lubrication, upkeep, etc. I will reference it later, I'm sure.

For Beginners: 10/10
The original "Your Can Solve The Cube" DVD is included on disc 3. I think this is brilliant, because it ensures that all who learn these routines will have the tools to fix any screwup, handle any situation, and one day create their own cube magic. Also, you'll be able to solve any cube, anytime, anywhere. It's just a good thing for any magician to know. And Tyson is the man.

Props: None included
Honestly this is probably for the best. You'll need multiple cubes for two of the routines, and it's probably cheaper to just get them on Amazon. Also, you're not paying for extra stuff if you already own some cubes you like. I liked the Dayan 2 Guhong, but you may prefer the original Rubik's Cube. These work with ANY 3x3 cubes.

IMHO, this is the release of the year! Thanks Karl & John!
Joe

Glad you enjoyed it Joe. I know you've seen us perform the routines at the Castle many times. It's good to see you're satisfied with how the project turned out.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Purchased CubeFX a couple of days ago and I'm waiting for it to arrive. I already own Cube3 and I'm about to order a few more cubes on Amazon. I've never been able to solve a cube until now
and I truly love the routines - all of them on both DVD sets! This is a whole new category of magic for me, which makes it fun and refreshing for me and those for whom I perform! All that
and the DVDs are a pleasure to watch.

Who could ask for more?

Thanks!

Jim
Heinstein
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Heinstein
CUBE FX Credit Update:

As I suspected, the idea of having two cubes match goes back quite a ways. Thanks to Thomas Fraps for pointing out this reference. Some of you may want to check it out if you can find it.

"The Sympathetic Cubes" effect originated and was first described in a great little booklet called "Rubik Cubik Magik" by Dr. Kennedy Smith in 1982 (on p. 16), ISBN 0950823805 Kanda Publications

Sorry Greg, Garrett, Gregory and Patrick, looks like he beat you by about 2 decades.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube FX (74 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL