The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube FX (51 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mano
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of Mano
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2015, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2015, Mano wrote:
There you have it guys:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DPSJ......_o00_s00

I should mention that they come from china and take about 3 weeks to arrive but it is worth it, they are really smooth and very quiet right out of the box , really cheap as well . Also they are slightly smaller than the standard size which is 57 mm.

I hope that helps.

Is this the cube Steven Brundage uses?

Although I don't have the DVD yet, by looking at the demo I believe it is.
Doughlas
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
169 Posts

Profile of Doughlas
I got Cube FX on Friday and finished watching all 3 DVDs that come with it. This is the purchase I'm the most pleased with this year. There's easy effects that beginners will be able to do, to some more advanced stuff on the DVDs. Very well taught, lots of extra ideas thrown around and even a Facebook group so owners of the DVDs can share further ideas. As said previously you don't need to know how to solve the Cube in order to do the basic effects, but the 3rd DVD teaches you the entire basic method to solve the Cube, how to Speed Solve, and how to legitimately Blindfold solve the cube should you want to undertake learning it.

I would say this is my best purchase this year!
John George
View Profile
New user
California
21 Posts

Profile of John George
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2015, emyers99 wrote:
How many and what kind of cubes will this require?

Some of the routines require three cubes. Much of it is best suited for speed cubes. There is a section on the DVD set the discusses cube selection.

Hope this helps.
John George
View Profile
New user
California
21 Posts

Profile of John George
Quote:
On Aug 29, 2015, silksock wrote:
Would this work for platform?

Much of the magic on Cube FX would be great for platform. The routine I regularly do which is on the second DVD is great for close-up or platform. The only limitation is on how far away they can see that the matching cubes actually match. I recently did this routine for 150 players and coaches at the Raiders Football camp. It went over extremely well.

I hope this helps.

John George
Heinstein
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Heinstein
CUBE FX CREDIT UPDATE:
John George and I placed a history and credits section on CUBE FX in which we did our best to give credit where it is do. With Cube Magic it has been hard to do because a lot of people had kept their routines and ideas underground, much like John George and I had been.

We credit Garrett Thomas and Gregory Wilson with having come up with the idea of doing a matching prediction effect (of course this can also be performed as a display of skill as I do in the CUBE FX routine). We have since been informed that Gregory Arce also created a prediction effect with a Rubik's Cube circa 2000 (which also used a paper bag in a different way). Gregory Arce was the consultant for a similar effect that Keith Barry performed on his 2006 TV special. It's difficult to know who was actually the first, but all three should be mentioned as well as George Tait (Patrick Redford) for also developing particularly devious cube matching effects and quick solves with a Rubik's Cube.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
5690 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Very kind of you Heinstein. A true professional.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Therealmagician
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of Therealmagician
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2015, videoman wrote:

There you have it guys:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DPSJ......_o00_s00

Is this the cube Steven Brundage uses?

Yes it is. I've just ordered 5 of them from AliExpress.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube FX (51 Likes)
  Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2015 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.120308 seconds, requiring 26 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [1] [6] [1] [7] [7] [6] [2] [3] [6]