The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mickey Silver "Retention Vanish" (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I just got Vol 2, and, MoonBeam, you wanna talk about gettin' ya brain slapped...mine's been **** SLAPPED...vol 2, he does the ROV right on the FINGERTIPS...prove after prove...gone...no earthly clue...****??? I've been a magician for 35+ years, and thought I'd seen every coin sleight or variation.

OK, I'm a child again...(sitting on floor, sucking thumb)...LOL! My girlfriend is too...sitting in front of the TV, singing that song from Toni Basil, "Hey Mickey"...to heck with cable...this is all we need!

Doug
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I'll bet that Mickey, like most true artists, does magic for the sake of doing magic rather than simply for the money. However, he does deserve to be compensated for his breakthrough; therefore, I hope that most folks will be honest enough to buy legal copies of Mickey's DVD directly from him instead of buying bootlegged copies.

Once in awhile someone comes along and gives the magic community a gift of some real magic. It'd be a shame to see such a friendly guy get cheated out of his dough.

Unfortunately, there are lots of unscrupulous individuals out there taking advantage of another guy's work. I know that at least two guys have ripped off Dean Dill's wonderful Box illusion (Dean's one of magic's really nice people).

Hey Mickey, get yourself a pit bull of a lawyer who will sue the living you know what out of anyone caught duping your DVD!
MoonBeam
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of MoonBeam
Quote:
On 2004-03-15 21:24, Dougini wrote:
OK, I'm a child again...(sitting on floor, sucking thumb)...LOL! My girlfriend is too...sitting in front of the TV, singing that song from Toni Basil, "Hey Mickey"...to heck with cable...this is all we need!
Doug
I'm with you Doug...it's so beautiful that its hypnotic, isn’t it?

MoonBeam
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mickey, Don't do it! Never release a video with the explanation, it is too good.

What would Armando Lucero be without his matrix effect ...Just a very good close up worker.The same can be said about Mickey Silver just another good coin guy.

You have something of value that everyone wants, keep yourself in demand
your friend
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
As much as I myself would love to learn this Mickey I have to agree with Vinny.
Only problem is what if somebody gets it to dvd before Mickey. At least if Mickey does release it he will get the credit for the best retention vanish ever created.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Those grapes are not for mortals
Those grapes are old
Those grapes are stolen
If I can't have those grapes, neither can you

Sound familiar?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
It seems that most folks opt for the DVD/Video route. However, I'm with Mr. Townsend on this issue: Have lectures around the world. Then maybe consider publishing.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Quote:
On 2004-03-12 15:00, Rob Elliott wrote:Not to put the pressure on you, Mickey, but please release the DVD with all haste! I'm like a little kid on Christmas eve waiting for this to come out.

I agree!
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Quote:
On 2004-03-15 21:24, Dougini wrote:
I just got Vol 2...
Quote:
On 2004-03-17 20:27, Decker wrote:No point in buying a rip off, they don't know what Mickey knows. And since he has sent out 2 videos to multiple people he has already been documented.
What is this second video, Volume 2 you guys are talking about?
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Mickey's second video features his Human Slot Machine routine where he produces 40 coins! It also has several other routines including some beautiful work changing a silver dollar into a Chinese coin, Splitfly which is an excellent visual coins across, and a lovely change of a dollar into a tiny coin as the dollar is tossed in a glass. There's a lot more on the tape as well. My favorite routine of his is the opening coin routine which appeared on tape #1. I told him that if he did that at FISM he would blow away the competition.
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Thanks for the lowdown, Larry! It sounds very cool. Any idea how I can get my hands on a copy? Does Mickey send it out to people gratis, like the other one? I'd start to feel guilty if he wouldn't let me pay for yet another one.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Rob,
PM Mickey and ask for a copy.
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
I'll give Mickey a holler. Thanks!
toberman
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of toberman
I watched the video 3 times and I figured it out. It's not sleight of hand. Mickey actually can pass that coin through his ear and he actually does swallow those coins he puts in his mouth. The coin that vanishes and reappears in his hand is simply a miracle. Now there is a second tape? This guy is amazing!
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
If you thought the first tape was good wait to you see the second. It is fantastic.You will see Mickey do his coin through the table that puts a new twist on it. Very good Mickey

Watch Mickey vanish a coin under a coffee cup without touching the cup. This will fool many. Also you have the human slot machine which will keep you glued to your T.V. as Mickey hits the jackpot and "SILVER" dollars come out from everywhere.

What can I say but thanks Mickey for your generosity for sharing this with us. This will definitely will be the coin dvd of the decade if it is released. You have definitely raised the bar Mickey.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
I am hoping to see this volume two tape soon! It sounds great from the way you guys are describing it.

Kirk G
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mickey perform this effect like he's doing ballet-precision and art combined. I'm speechless over this!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
340 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
Mickey let me know via email that his routine will be both in print and via DVD-so good news for those of us who still can read. I myself will get both. anybody want to make a bet that this will be the most BOTCHED move done in clubs? (i.e., many people half-doing it and not learning it thoroughly).
David
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
I know Mickey hasn't mentioned it but those of you who have seen his video may have noticed the Zig Zag in the background. Mickey told me that it's for sale along with about three other stage illusions. If you're interested, PM him. I'm sure he'd love to hear from you.

Jim C
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Just to see what would happen (since he doesn't "tip" his secrets), I brought this over to a friend's house, where the four of us gathered for dinner. We watched a rare Beatles tape, and I just nonchalantly slipped Mickey Vol 2 into the VCR. You should have been there.

We watched it TWICE...NO ONE had a clue. They made me swear that I knew for a FACT there were no camera tricks. That's what made the second showing so good. Every trick he did was run frame by frame in slow motion. The more we watched, the more we HOWLED with laughter! We all agreed he is the BEST magician ANY of us has ever seen! One guy actually suggested maybe Mickey was doing REAL magic! This guy is an engineer in broadcasting, so he's not a yuck-a-puck...

If I were Steve Harvey, or I had my own talk-TV show, I would want to be FIRST debuting this guy! History is being made right now, my friends!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mickey Silver "Retention Vanish" (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL