The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Pop Haydn performs (47 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston MO
1404 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Pop those performances are absolutely beautiful. I use your Chicago surprise all the time and it's one of my crowd favorites
Anand Khalsa
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
207 Posts

Profile of Anand Khalsa
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2016, Bob Meigs wrote:
Pop - as someone who often watches your act three or four times in a row, it's because I become so enamored with your facial expressions and the patter that I miss the magic. The magic is great of course, but as with every great performer, it's the presentation that distinguishes it. What I'd give for your delivery!

Absolutely!
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3033 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Thanks, Bob! Welcome to the Café! You know what it's like working in real world conditions. We've worked together in outdoor show conditions.

It is tough to have a lot of nuance when you are working outdoors at a distance from your audience.

One has to depend on delivery and timing more than realistic character. But there are ways to keep it interesting.

This is a clip from my Six Card Trick video. It describes some of the nature of how one creates multi-level characters, and how the magician can engage the audience in what is as much a game as it is a play:

Facial expressions have to come from character. Pop can have huge expressions because that is the nature of his character. I chose to make him that way to increase my own range and what I could accomplish with him. I am very low key and a bit shy. I am not naturally good with people and wanted the character to be more interesting and expressive than the "real" me.
tecumilic
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of tecumilic
Pop I'm 15 years old and to me you are an insperation and a living legend. Everytime I whatch your videos I learn something new usually some detail about routining,CLEVER scripting and auidience manegment.
danaruns
View Profile
Special user
The City of Angels
641 Posts

Profile of danaruns
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2018, tecumilic wrote:
Pop I'm 15 years old and to me you are an insperation and a living legend. Everytime I whatch your videos I learn something new usually some detail about routining,CLEVER scripting and auidience manegment.

You can't do better than to learn from Pop Haydn. Study him. Dig into his philosophy and the meaning and intent behind his work. He's a master, and a magician's magician.
"Dana Douglas is the greatest magician alive. Plus, I'm drunk." -- Foster Brooks
DrBrewhaha
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of DrBrewhaha
Man, I wish I had started when I was 15. Also check the work of Aaron Fisher, tecu. Great teacher.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Pop Haydn performs (47 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL