The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube3 by Steven Brundage presale (101 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2015, Myke Phillips wrote:
Postman been, no Cube3 Smile

Postman been, no Cube3 either Smile
sjbrundage
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of sjbrundage
Sorry that your cubes and still waiting to come in. In the meantime here is a quick close-up performance of the imagination solve! My friend Ben train took the video from a side angle so you get to see some of the work behind the solve.

Hope you enjoy the reactions: https://instagram.com/p/67UCE2y4IA/
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Sorry to hear that guys. I know you were itching to get them today. Smile They were picked up yesterday by Royal Mail for first class delivery as requested.
I thought you were going for the special delivery option Tony?

Your postman should delivery again tommorow morning so there's still a good chance you will be playing with your cubes this weekend

Best wishes
Dominic
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
I went cheap. As a pensioner I need to watch the pennies and just couldn't justify the extra. If I get it tomorrow or Saturday then I'll be a happy bunny. Thanks for your concern Dominic, appreciate that. As an aside, when I used to deal I only guaranteed receipt within 28 days, how the world has changed. Whether that's a good or a bad thing I'm not sure.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Typical Royal Fail.
SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
Waiting for a positive comment from Pegasus for
60 Posts

Profile of SmaltrabTheAverage
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Typical Royal Fail.

I had a letter from Royal Mail today about the job interview. I start last August.

Mine is waiting at home apparently. Woop!
Low Key
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Low Key
Mine arrived, MoM standard postage

Total cube novice, but I've solved it four or five times already despite not knowing my left from my right.
Great stuff!
The teaching is very clear, and easy to get to grips with without being patronising or repetitive.
The cube seems to be very nice. It's certainly about a billion times better than the very old one I found upstairs.
And the memory stick is very cute.

Can't comment on anything else yet, but I already feel it's been worth the money.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Royal Mail claims to deliver 93% of mail next day. Unfortunatley I am one of the 7%, always. I have written to them many times about their poor performance but only ever receive a generic response apologising and promising to look into it. Better than some of those courier firms though who insist on chucking stuff over walls and into bins. Now don't get me started on them.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2015, Low Key wrote:
Mine arrived, MoM standard postage

Total cube novice, but I've solved it four or five times already despite not knowing my left from my right.
Great stuff!
The teaching is very clear, and easy to get to grips with without being patronising or repetitive.
The cube seems to be very nice. It's certainly about a billion times better than the very old one I found upstairs.
And the memory stick is very cute.

Can't comment on anything else yet, but I already feel it's been worth the money.

I find that very hard to believe. I look forward to more reviews.
Low Key
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Low Key
So did I.
I expected to get partway to solved by the end of today, if that.

I rely heavily on the cheat sheet (which I've printed out and annotated) and it's gone wrong at least once every time I've done it, but I backtrack and get there in the end.

I'm well chuffed
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of montanna40
Received mine this morning
Been at work but itching to get my hands on it.
Thanks Saturn magic for fast delivery
Low Key
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Low Key
Tried to edit, was too slow!

I should probably add my first solve, using the video, took about one and a half/two hours.
I was playing with two cubes, my new Cube3 one and the old one I found, to compare them and to try and practice more possible configurations while I had video guidance.
So that's two of my solves.

I've been playing with it all day and still take ages with my cheat sheet.
If you want to solve it you need to put the time in for sure.
But I can do it! Which amazes me!
TRI6KED
View Profile
Elite user
UK
421 Posts

Profile of TRI6KED
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2015, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Mark Henderson at the MoM shop doing a quick unboxing for cube 3 for you. This is what you get:

The cube's movement is silky smooth. You will need to have a USB compatable PC or Mac to play the tuition video.

Best wishes
Dominic

So that's what the USB stick looks like..... Mine was missing from the packaging as all I received was the box and a cube inside. Order was made through http://www.magicshop.co.uk and I tried to contact them by phone many times today but with no success, phone just kept ringing and no one answered. I had to go back to work so I left a message for my wife to deal with the problem, not sure if is sorted though as I sent them an email from a link on their site but have not had an adequate reply, just an automated response. Guess I will have to wait to see what happens next week now. :-(
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I would have thought that Dominic would transfer to his mobile if out of the shop. I've had trouble contacting them in the past.
Freedomboy
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Freedomboy
Incredibly pleased with this. The cube is of high quality and the teaching from Steven is just brilliant. I've been at it for two hours now after watching the 'solve' part twice on the USB and can get it done (everytime with mistakes and backtracking, and references to the cheat sheet) in about 5 minutes. I get the feeling that dexterity will come with improved memory of the formulas and a load of practice. I have only taken a very quick look at the 'tricks' part and it looks like they will take quite a lot of practice to perfect too, but with a lot of reward. Really can't say enough about this and looking forward to a few weeks of knuckle busting!!! Thank you and well done Steven....... a product and effect that is right up my street and looking forward to perfecting!
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hi
Just left London after finishing tonight's gig. Excuse the bad text but I'm sat on the A3 in a layby typing on my phone.

Tazbo: that sucks! Mark and Tim were in the shop today so you shouldn't have had a problem getting through. Sorry you had that trouble. The shop may have been very busy, but if you leave a voicemail they can call you back. I checked the support ticket system on my phone a moment ago and I don't see any emails received from you though.

Anyway, we need to get that fixed for you.
Seems the USB is, as I originally moaned about.. A terrible idea. There's a LOAD of support tickets from customers that are confused by it and don't know how it works. Mark has been replying with instructions to help them all day it seems, as they are all resolved.
4 customers report faulty USB sticks that are blank.
I've just contacted the manufacturer to get a solution. I think they will move the instructions over to download hopefully.
I'll keep you posted. They know about the issue so I'm talking with them now.

On the case!
Dominic
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Download would be a good idea, especially for tablet users.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Ok... I'm now parked outside McDonalds in Petersfield...

Looks like the distributor is now sold out of Cube 3 for possibly the next 6 weeks. What's available is now brought up by dealers. If you've been on the shelf about Cube 3, nows the time to get one from your favourite dealer as everyone will probably sell out shortly.

Tazbo: I can get you a memory stick posted out to you but it will be after the weekend before you receive it. That's not ideal, so I'm seeing if I can get a copy of the instructions for you to download. Can you PM me with your email address so I can deal with this personally.

I definitely think the next batch should have downloadable instructions.
djefvulen
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of djefvulen
Is it a must to learn how to solve the cube until you can start doing some of the tricks? I really want to learn to solve the cube. Once I knew how to solve the first two layers, but I've forgot everything now. I was never able to do the third layer (well, I could with the help of a cheat sheet with different algorhithms - but that's cheating). I have ordered it and will probably get it next week. If I can't do any tricks with it, at least I'll get a good tutorial on how to solve it - right?
Freedomboy
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Freedomboy
I originally thought my usb stick was blank.........but it opens up a cd icon seperately with all of the content. Not sure if that helps (I'm on a Mac), but I did originally think that the USB was a dud.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube3 by Steven Brundage presale (101 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL