The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Phantom by Peter Eggink (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..15~16~17 [Next]
Dazzler UK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
108 Posts

Profile of Dazzler UK
Combining the 'Genie in a bottle' effect with Radioactive by Titanas would allow you to play some creepy evp recordings through an FM radio on a frequency with just static or 'white noise' being heard in the background. All this before/after a supposed spirit was trapped in a bottle and realeased itself infront of everyone. Then using EVP by Alan Rorrison you could use a specs phone to record more creepy evps that they could keep, all in a seance type setting with a few specs. Or is this just too cruel lol. Best for Halloween perhaps Smile
There are two rules for success..... 1. Never reveal everything you know.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2015, Dazzler UK wrote:
Combining the 'Genie in a bottle' effect with Radioactive by Titanas would allow you to play some creepy evp recordings through an FM radio on a frequency with just static or 'white noise' being heard in the background. All this before/after a supposed spirit was trapped in a bottle and realeased itself infront of everyone. Then using EVP by Alan Rorrison you could use a specs phone to record more creepy evps that they could keep, all in a seance type setting with a few specs. Or is this just too cruel lol. Best for Halloween perhaps Smile

Less is more Smile
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Just ordered this through HP. My first option is Penguin Flat-packed for free shipping-- but, alas this is not one of them. Just when I was gonna give up on this, HP free worldwide shipping arise. Yay!
Dazzler UK
View Profile
Regular user
UK
108 Posts

Profile of Dazzler UK
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, Ceierry wrote

Less is more Smile

Yeah you're probably right. Would be fun though. I could probably drag the 3 effects out over a nice period of time tho so it wouldnt be spooky overload in 5 mins Smile
There are two rules for success..... 1. Never reveal everything you know.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 1, 2015, Dazzler UK wrote:

Indeed. And Haloween falls on Fri 13th this year. First time for 666 years apparently. Very spooky. Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Would be nice to have much more info on the gimmick.
How do you apply to the objects?
Is it necessary some misdirection to use it or is it totally invisible?
Do I need to recharge or reload it for another effect?
Im deciding to buy but I have the strange fear this is something I already use adapted to these 3 new effects.
Is there a demo video where it is possible to see a live demo? Smile
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, Alex DLF wrote:
Mine has been shipped by Mr. The creator himself !

Will let you know when it arrives Smile

Have you received the package? If so, your initial thoughts please.

Thank you.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
The gimmick is very clever and it's definetely a 007 Jams Bond Gadget.

Saw the video instructions and I'm amazed by the gimmick, just saw the Rising Card and it's something I'll try in real world for sure!

I'll continue to watch the video and will post my thoughts afterwards.

The gimmick gives you a lot of possibilities and don't be limited for the effects provided, you'll find another applications for sure!
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Hi my friend nice to see you here Smile Smile
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Heres an honest review. Yes it is a very cool Gadget/ Gimmick, but that's all. It's for magicians who want a new toy. The ad copy is not exactly 100% true and this is not even close to practical. I could never rely on this. Also the handling of the gimmick is so awkward. I'm so disappointed in this product I'm going to return it and get my money back.
Jack Poulin
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
186 Posts

Profile of Jack Poulin
FrankieF wrote : Heres an honest review. Yes it is a very cool Gadget/ Gimmick, but that's all. It's for magicians who want a new toy. The ad copy is not exactly 100% true and this is not even close to practical. I could never rely on this. Also the handling of the gimmick is so awkward. I'm so disappointed in this product I'm going to return it and get my money back.

:( ... aouch ... let's hope that some other honest reviews said otherwise ... my feeling was that it was too good to be true, I really wished I was wrong ... maybe I was, I will read more reviews before I decide to buy or not.

Jack
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, FrankieF wrote:
Heres an honest review. Yes it is a very cool Gadget/ Gimmick, but that's all. It's for magicians who want a new toy. The ad copy is not exactly 100% true and this is not even close to practical. I could never rely on this. Also the handling of the gimmick is so awkward. I'm so disappointed in this product I'm going to return it and get my money back.

This "review" if someone would call it that sounds suspect without more detail. In what way is the ad copy not 100% correct? In what way is it not close to being practical? Why could you never rely on this? How is the handling awkward? Honestly we would need more details before such a review could be taken with more than a grain of salt.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
It was better for sure to see a real world video,not just frames where everything seems miracoulous Smile
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Quote:

Smile Smile
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, EZrhythm wrote:
Quote:

This "review" if someone would call it that sounds suspect without more detail. In what way is the ad copy not 100% correct? In what way is it not close to being practical? Why could you never rely on this? How is the handling awkward? Honestly we would need more details before such a review could be taken with more than a grain of salt.

I haven't finished watching the video yet but I can see some people complaining about the ad copy since "no invisible thread / no elastics" is technically true but some may choose to disagree. Don't want to say any more to protect the method. Will post more thoughts once I have had a chance to finish the video and play around with it.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, EZrhythm wrote:
Quote:

I can't say too much with out revealing the method, but I'll give you a hint it's not practical because it's simply just not practical in the real world. The method is not reliable. The handling just feels awkward. Why did you get so offended and angry?
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Also it sounds like TuneHV understands what I mean.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2015, FrankieF wrote:
Also it sounds like TuneHV understands what I mean.

I'm still waiting for my video link at the moment. You're saying the gimmick is not practical. But someone else said it's invisible and you can set it up in front of audiences. How can it's not practical then? You don't have to answer this. Since, I'll watch it sooner or later. I'm just confuse. That's all.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
OK, I have had some time to watch the video and play with the gimmick. Its definitely super clever and a great idea, but at least in my experience, I cannot get this to work properly. Clearly it seems to work fine for Peter, so maybe its just me, or possibly that's what FrankieF is referring to as well as far as practicality. I really want to like this because its a cool gimmick and very smart, but I cant get the effects to work reliably... I really cant explain much more as to the issues I'm having because it will tip the method.

Also, the way the trailer is shot leads a purchaser to believe there is nothing in your hands when the magic happens- that's not true. Is it justified? I guess so, but it does feel awkward for me to hold the prop in that manner- it may look fine to a spectator, but it feels really unnatural.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I can't get to the video download/stream....
And I agree so far even without seeing the explanation that I don't like this at all.

The ad copy is very misleading in my opinion.

I will wait until I can get to the download though. Maybe it will inspire and get me excited.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Phantom by Peter Eggink (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..15~16~17 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL