The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Finally (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Proximo
View Profile
New user
Belgium
96 Posts

Profile of Proximo
Well, it has been, I believe, 10 years since I did my last "real" show.
So 2 weeks ago, I finally put together a routine for some friends at a BBQ (about 10 people).

Maybe some of you remember my post from a while ago, where I asked if any of you had any tips on how to really get back into the game.
(I never actually "quit", but I did quit practicing my routines/effects/...-

So, I've started again (from scratch) with Card College, and when I got a bit tired of that, I just browsed through my collection of other books & DVD's in search for nice effects.
So I have been practicing non stop for 7 months.

All in all, my performace went rather well. I messed up 3 effects though (nerves at the beginning, and luckily enough, no complex effects), although with one of them I had a nice rather out, so it wasn't a big deal. I forgot how amazing it was to see all those reactions when you do a nice structured routine, and the explanations people come up with! This was truly hilarious in some cases. And also, all the stuff you "learn" while performing: priceless! I've done the whole routine twice now, but it's amazing to see how many modifications I've already made because of what I have learned out of the reactions of my spectators.

Just wanted to share!
tvmikek
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of tvmikek
That's a good story! One of the things I like about magic is that you can walk away from it for awhile, but when you perform again, the rush reminds you of why you started learning and performing in the first place.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Finally (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL