The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 254: Tales from Old Las Vegas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
While at the MAGIC Live! convention in Las Vegas, I stuck around for an extra 24 hours to visit with a few friends. I posted an earlier podcast with Lupe and Norm Nielsen. Today, I am posting a podcast that I recorded at Scott Land's birthday party. It features Earl Chaney, Charles Strachan, and Don Hendrix. All of them began telling some wonderful stories about the old days of Las Vegas. But it was Earl Chaney who quickly took the limelight as he told tale after tale. After all, he lived right across the street from famed Vegas star, Wayne Newton! He was there when the West was Wild and the mob ran the town. Any time I brought up anyone's name, Earl had a story about him. And they were first hand accounts because in all cases he knew these guys or had worked for them. And I mean everyone from Sammy Davis, Jr. to the king himself, Elvis.

You can see a video of Earl Chaney, see some photos, read the blog, listen to the podcast online and download the MP3 file at: http://themagicwordpodcast.com/scottwell......as-vegas

Net week: Peter Samelson talks about scripting and building an act.

Thanks for listening.
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Word by Scott Wells » » 254: Tales from Old Las Vegas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL