The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Oh Snap! By Jibrizy Taylor (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Hey guys! My friend Jibrizy just released one of his effects with Sandsmind called Oh Snap! Looks great!

http://www.sansminds.com/index.php/new-a......lor.html
Here's the ad copy:

OH SNAP is an insanely visual and commercial effect to turn a deck of card into money at the end of your card routine. Imagine at the end of your card set, simply by tossing the the deck, the deck visually morphs into a stack of bills. This looks too good it is like watching TV live.

*Gimmick included and fully customizable into your local currency.

TV rights NOT included with purchase. All TV rights reserved and available directly from SansMinds Magic only.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Looks Good.

Mike Donoghue
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
At the end of the show, the magician shows people how he gets paid. 😁
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Oh Snap !! that looks great ! say wanna see a card trick ? No instead will do a money trick Bam ! Pen thru bill whatever I like It !!
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I like the effortless look of it. I just bought Bash a couple days ago. This definitely looks better. Wish it came out a few days earlier...
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10596

Reminscent of Pimpin by Nathan Kranzo
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
Therealmagician
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Therealmagician
Wonder how accurate the trailer and ad copy is? Is it the same deck as the one you've been using for card tricks? Can the bills be handed out? Does it work with UK notes?
lord_wallmotto
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of lord_wallmotto
I would like to order this but sadly I do not trust Sansminds anymore.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Therealmagician, I'd assume if common magic knowledge applies here, one would need to sw*tch and introduce the prop after the card trick. Whether or not the bills can be handed out would be like Extreme Burn. Can't be sure but just guessing.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2015, AaronishMagic wrote:
Therealmagician, I'd assume if common magic knowledge applies here, one would need to sw*tch and introduce the prop after the card trick. Whether or not the bills can be handed out would be like Extreme Burn. Can't be sure but just guessing.

That would be my impression also.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
I don't own this, so this is complete speculation on my part, however I do more money magic than most people. It appears to me that there will need to be a s***ch and that the top bill can't be handed out. The rest of the bills appear explainable though. This is pretty darn visual, so I might eventually pick this up
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Therealmagician
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 26, 2015, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
I don't own this, so this is complete speculation on my part, however I do more money magic than most people. It appears to me that there will need to be a s***ch and that the top bill can't be handed out. The rest of the bills appear explainable though. This is pretty darn visual, so I might eventually pick this up

Call me naive because I don't do much flashy visual magic but this seems too impractical to be worth it. I'm sure tricks like this look great on YouTube but that doesn't help me in the real world. I'd rather perform a less visual trick if it doesn't require a s***ch and can be handed out. Arthur is the closest I get to flashy non-examinable magic but I perform other tricks, shuffles and cuts with the deck before the levitation, and so far no one has asked to see the deck afterwards.
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2015, Therealmagician wrote:
Quote:

Call me naive because I don't do much flashy visual magic but this seems too impractical to be worth it. I'm sure tricks like this look great on YouTube but that doesn't help me in the real world. I'd rather perform a less visual trick if it doesn't require a s***ch and can be handed out. Arthur is the closest I get to flashy non-examinable magic but I perform other tricks, shuffles and cuts with the deck before the levitation, and so far no one has asked to see the deck afterwards.

I'm more intrigued as to seeing the specific method and applying it elsewhere. Though now that I've done some more research, this seems to just be an updated handling of Nathan Kranzo's Pimpin effect
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2015, Therealmagician wrote:
Quote:

So are you saying that any trick that requires a switch is not a worker and not practical for the real world? This effect is no less examinable than extreme burn, which is one of the most-worked effects by top professionals all over the world, and the switch required can be done extremely easily on the off-beat after a signed card routine? This effect looks very practical and easy to accomplish with basic audience management
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Here is what Jibrizy has to say regarding Nathan Kranzo's effect:

"Okay let me clear something up. I don't usually do this unless I have to.

First thank you for who contacted me regarding your concern of another fellow magician, Nathan Kranzo's trick "Pimpin" is stolen by me. That's simply not true. Let me break this down, if you watch my trailer and watch Nathan's it is a big difference. The functioning on my effect is clearly different. My effect looks exactly how it shows in the trailer. With my version you, can change a deck of cards into money with very little effort and movement. The "effect" turning a deck into money is the same. But as in execution , method and build of the gimmick they are completely different.

Watch both trailers and you can clearly see that."
Therealmagician
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Quote:
So are you saying that any trick that requires a switch is not a worker and not practical for the real world? This effect is no less examinable than extreme burn, which is one of the most-worked effects by top professionals all over the world, and the switch required can be done extremely easily on the off-beat after a signed card routine? This effect looks very practical and easy to accomplish with basic audience management

No I don't think that's what I'm saying. I'm saying I don't personally want to do a trick that requires a switch AND can't be examined. I'm sure there's plenty of tricks which either require a switch, and plenty which can't be examined but I'm not keen on a trick which has both limitations PERSONALLY. I don't do Extreme Burn but I'm sure it's a great worker.
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Has anyone actually got this?
if it is practical in the real world I would definitely go for it.
Been burnt too often on these amazing looking visual tricks and have them sitting in the back of a cupboard somewhere as I just can't use them for a live audience.
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Theres a lot of controversy over this, Luke Dancy posted something about this. I'll post it below. or just look on his Facebook page.
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
To see the full post with Nathan Kranzo's input on it you can find it here. https://www.facebook.com/DancyMischief?fref=nf&pnref=story
Also this is what Luke had to say about it "Magician friends, we need to stand up for each other. Nate Kranzo is an old buddy and one of the best we have. I don't know about you but when the person in the video below takes someone's idea after the original creator (Nate Kranzo) declined to give permission and then market it anyway is wrong and needs to stop.
The video below represents what is wrong with magic and needs to be handled. The best part? This is a person that's an aspiring TV consultant for other magicians but wants to **** off those that make their living in that industry. Show your support for this person by not supporting what they do"
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
342 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
I know how pimpin works and this seems different in method... Oh snap looks more that the change itself is mechanical in nature, whilst pimpin does not use an extra something to activate the change.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Oh Snap! By Jibrizy Taylor (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL