The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BLAZE by Tony & Jordan (Les French TWINS) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Just ordered looks great.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
I also just placed an order... I was hoping to see more discussion on this.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Man, Im surprised there is still no discussion on this.

I just received it in the mail so I'll do a review once I get home from work.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Yes it has been very quite with this one I did nearly buy it ,but be nice to see more review's please.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
It's good just get it, Tom and I both use this a lot.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
So I had a chance to watch the DVD and take a look at the included items...

First off, the DVD is very well produced and the instructions are clear and to the point.

The gimmicks provided are top notch and will last you a very long time with normal care and use.

You recieve an empty Bicycle card box that is completely normal. I was provided with red gimmicks that can be used with any red Bicycle card box.

Set up is easy but the re-set is not instant esepcially if you want to have the card signed and give it to the spectator as a souvenier but even then; you can prep tons of cards in no time.

There are a couple simple sleights invovled (both of them you should already be familiar with) but they go over these moves in detail and you will have it down in no time.

Overall, this is a great effect and I'm still surprised no one is talking about this. It's visual, easy, and a great souvenier for your spectator. Don't hesistate to pick this up! I haven't completely "assembled" my gimmick yet but I can't wait to blow some minds with BLAZE.

Best,
Brandon
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
For those buying from Saturn Magic you get access to my handling with face down selection and quick reset option.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
For you guys that have and use this, is it "finnicky?" That is, as I get older I like less heavy-move, convoluted effects and prefer more traditional methods (whatever that is). I think I'm getting jaded on having to carry and prepare 5000 things (this "might" make me actually start using flash paper, never liked being dependent on it) for something that seems like there's heavy cover involved (did I see that right with his hand covering the burnt card corner during the signing? I'm not fishing, I just don't know if it's "worth" it) and so on.

Not sure what I'm even asking other than a few of you have mentioned surprise at this staying so low-key. It's cool, but does it get reactions worth more than any work/prep? With a gun to your head, what do you rate it as something in your close-up/strolling sets, 1-10?

EDIT: Oops! Just read your post above Brandon, that helps, thanks for your review.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2015, Nathan Alexander wrote:
For you guys that have and use this, is it "finnicky?" That is, as I get older I like less heavy-move, convoluted effects and prefer more traditional methods (whatever that is). I think I'm getting jaded on having to carry and prepare 5000 things (this "might" make me actually start using flash paper, never liked being dependent on it) for something that seems like there's heavy cover involved (did I see that right with his hand covering the burnt card corner during the signing? I'm not fishing, I just don't know if it's "worth" it) and so on.

Not sure what I'm even asking other than a few of you have mentioned surprise at this staying so low-key. It's cool, but does it get reactions worth more than any work/prep? With a gun to your head, what do you rate it as something in your close-up/strolling sets, 1-10?

EDIT: Oops! Just read your post above Brandon, that helps, thanks for your review.

No worries.. I haven't actually tested it out yet in real world conditions so I can't confirm nor deny whether it gets great reactions like we've seen on the demo...

But it is very visual and the flash paper covers one of the moves like a classic magic act, kind of neat actually.

I too was worried about the handling of the burnt card and the position of my hand does seem a little awkward but there is a move before the signing that would take heat off of the "chosen" card; but once again, I can't confirm how this works in an actual performance.

I would rate this an 8.5.. teetering on the edge of a 9 but Im also a card guy and always have been and effects like these always grab my interest, especially something as visual as Blaze.

Brandon
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Had a chance to work this in the real world and it killed. Very cool. Will use this alot.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
With regard to the burnt card, adapt it to yourself if that makes sense, my cards have a lot of damage on them not just the corner section.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Thanks guys. Making this an official "wife alert" for Christmas. The list is growing. Smile
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Can you make the gimmicks easily after the one you get wears out?, please anyone.
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:
On Nov 24, 2015, Fire Starter wrote:
Can you make the gimmicks easily after the one you get wears out?, please anyone.

I suppose you technically could if you have the right materials Smile i.e. part of the gimmick is easily replaced.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I had this, and although it is awesome, I don't know if I will be able to use it table hopping. IMHO the best way to do this is like they do in the trailer, which is to throw the flash paper at the card box. You notice on the demo they are outside and in a large empty Café when they throw the flash paper. The idea of throwing flash paper in a restaurant setting seems too dangerous to me. I am trying to figure out a work around but haven't found one I like yet.

Fire Starter:
The burnt cards take about a minute to make and can be given out after each performance. I do recommend flattening them in a book though before using them in a performance.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:

It depends which version you do, the one I use I am using a gimmick I made myself which took a few minutes to make.

The other gimmicks supplied can be made yourself also with a little more work.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Quote:

But the gimmicks should last you a long time with normal care.
danskefogden
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of danskefogden
I love this. agree with saturn magic it is one of this years best trick
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
It's awesome, a worker.

I can't wait to get home and come of with a great routine...

I was thinking that WARNING ! could be a good opener for this.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well I must get this one then,thanks all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BLAZE by Tony & Jordan (Les French TWINS) (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL