The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FOBULOUS by Steve Shufton (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
Is there an option to personalise the images? I'm not keen on the designs provided?

I am not sure but I am guessing no if this is accomplished how I think it is.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Now if the keys themselves were clearly different and they transposed, THAT would be impressive.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, todsky wrote:
Now if the keys themselves were clearly different and they transposed, THAT would be impressive.

So maybe, perhaps you put a mark on each key with a 'sharpie' and the marks changed places.. Which product/method could you use to accomplish this..?

Possibly over-kill/over-proving, but a nice thought exercise idea..
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Guys,

I would like to thank Steve for choosing Alakazam Magic as one of his exclusive re-sellers. Personally I love Steve's way of thinking (usually outside the box).

Regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for including this product in your very fine shop!
Fobulous, Emergency Cash, 3D Paradox, PS-I Love You, X-Ray, The Portal, Ultimate Floating Match, Miracle Premonition... and more!
http://www.shufton.com
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
Is there an option to personalise the images? I'm not keen on the designs provided?

Hi T.G.,

A creative person could personalize the images. I don't provide any instructions for doing that. There is no image I could have provided that absolutely everyone would be keen on. I chose images that are not only easy to make pertinent to any audience(as Dominic suggested), but of such a high contrast that they can be seen across a room.

Best wishes-

-Steve
Fobulous, Emergency Cash, 3D Paradox, PS-I Love You, X-Ray, The Portal, Ultimate Floating Match, Miracle Premonition... and more!
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Thanks Steve, sounds great then. Will most likely buy a set.
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
Hi, Todsky-
Sorry you are not impressed. This might not be the effect for you. Have a look at Greg Wilson's Freak-key, and you will like it. Can both of these effects be combined? YES. But, I don't see why it would be necessary. The folks I really most want to impress are the lay people I perform for. It's fun to fool magicians too - but professional performers usually don't worry about that. I can promise you that lay people are VERY impressed by this effect. It's commercial, hard-hitting, and is built to last. Meanwhile, I have yet to have anyone, for as long as I have performed this effect, focus on the keys - including the many magicians I have baffled with this trick.

Best wishes-

-Steve
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
Hi Dominic- I so agree with you. Overkill. You are one of the great working pros I know. I'll be very curious to hear what kind of reactions you get when you finally get to perform it! Any day now! Best - Steve
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I agree it would be great to have Aston Martin on one fob and Skoda on the other. They choose which Car they'd like, and unfortunately end up with the banger.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2015, pegasus wrote:
I agree it would be great to have Aston Martin on one fob and Skoda on the other. They choose which Car they'd like, and unfortunately end up with the banger.

If it turns out to be too difficult to create a different version on our own, perhaps Steve will produce some in the future with a couple different variations.
The different car makes would be nice as it would seem more organic and fitting to the key fob idea, maybe Ford vs Chevy theme or what has been mentioned previously.

But this intrigues me and seems to have lots of possibilities so I have just placed my order direct from Steve.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
The effect looks great but what would grab me is if it had more than one phase.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Quote:

Agree - check out my post earlier in the thread, pretty much exactly the same idea. Smile
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Nov 8, 2015, Al Straker wrote:
Quote:

Agree - check out my post earlier in the thread, pretty much exactly the same idea. Smile

Uh-oh... Pegasus owes you credit!
;)
Jim
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
That's why I began with "I Agree". Smile
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
Thanks for the comments. The demo is a "quick" demo. It demonstrates a basic, solo effect - minus my own patter and presentation. I typically perform it using one or two spectators. It can have more than one phase - a magician I know in San Francisco - one of the couple who have been road-testing this effect for a year now, does a routine with two phases. My typical routine causes a startling transposition, in a routine that lasts more than a couple minutes. Really, you can work out any kind of presentation you would like, only limited by your own creativity. My personal routines would not suit everyone, and/or every circumstance. However, I tried to present a very brief demo, so you could get an idea of an effect. That short demo, with my hands being burned (no misdirection with a camera in a solitary position) is to show that something very magical, in its most basic form, is happening with this trick. Something magical happens in the demo, without any presentation at all! I think that is a great launching point for the imagination. In the provided booklet, I give more specifics regarding possible presentations. I would hope, when all is said and done, that you would want to have a presentation that is truly your own.
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
The booklets arrived today. They are BEAUTIFUL! Perfectly printed with color photos. I know you will like them! So, gathering all of the parts, and the packaging can finally begin. The whole package looks glorious - I'm delighted. Looks like these will be shipping on time as promised. Both Nick Lewin and Fielding West fell in love with the product (they were here over the weekend), but I had to give them a copy without the booklets - I printed off what I could on my printer - they were satisfied. Good to know that two of my very favorite working pros will be putting this to good use immediately.

Best wishes-

-Steve
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
Nick Lewin sent me this note:

"This is one incredible piece of magic! I am having a blast performing it!"

Thanks, Nick!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I mentioned to Steve that I had a few corporate strolling gigs coming up very soon and was hoping to incorporate FOBULOUS. Steve happened to have a copy to send so I could get the needed practice in to use it. My package arrived yesterday. Top notch props! The booklet is very nice, well written and the instructions are clear. This is one of those effects where I'm giggling inside as I practice! Really looking forward to performing with these. You really did a great job with these Steve!

RNK
Shufton
View Profile
Veteran user
California
316 Posts

Profile of Shufton
Thanks, RNK!

It was not your upcoming gigs that influenced me. It was your kindness in being the first in the world to draw any attention to this effect, but more importantly, for all those following this thread, I thought you would all enjoy hearing a legitimate opinion from someone I do not know, have never met, and could provide an honest opinion. I'm so glad that the very first public evaluation is a positive one! Thanks, RNK!

Meanwhile, I will not be shipping anymore of these before the release date - so don't get too excited! I do look forward to hearing from those who purchase this effect. The clock is ticking! Less than two weeks before the release!

Best wishes to all,

-Steve
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Well many thanks Steve! Still playing with this and still giggling to! Really enjoying my FOBULOUS and can't wait to see the reactions of the audience.

RNK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » FOBULOUS by Steve Shufton (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL