The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Can anyone help me with an invitation to the Magic Castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

YLyoo
View Profile
Regular user
South Korea
108 Posts

Profile of YLyoo
Hello all,

I am traveling from Korea to visit LA late January~early February next year with two friends, and we would really, really love to visit the Magic Castle.
Sadly, I have not been able to get an invitation
Can anyone help us with an invitation to the Magic Castle? It would mean so much to us.

Thanks, Tim.
Doug Trouten
View Profile
Elite user
Minnesota
471 Posts

Profile of Doug Trouten
One easy way to secure admission is to stay as a guest at the Magic Castle Hotel. Also, members in good standing with SAM and IBM may visit the castle -- you'll want to call ahead to arrange an invitation.
It's still magic even if you know how it's done.
Terry Pratchett
YLyoo
View Profile
Regular user
South Korea
108 Posts

Profile of YLyoo
Dear Doug,

Thank you! I remember your helpful replies about "what to see in vegas".
I have indeed checked out the Magic Castle hotel, but it seems way too overpriced for us.
There is no local SAM/IBM circle in Korea, so the second option is also not viable.

If anyone could help us out we would be so grateful.

Regards, Tim
bignickolson
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of bignickolson
You can join the IBM on a national level with out having to join a local ring. That's where the benefits are anyways. Something like 50-60 bucks for the year.
MKoeppel
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
76 Posts

Profile of MKoeppel
Did you consider a subscription to Genii magazine? Subscribers may visit the castle. The digital only subscription is really not expensive. You might want to check their web siete.

HTH, markus
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
MKoeppel, how did I not know that?
We are going to LA in January, and I've never been to the Castle. I've been a Genii subscriber for over a decade. What do I need to have with me to get in? Can I bring my wife and son?
(Sorry to hijack your thread YLyoo...I want you to get there too)!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
bignickolson
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of bignickolson
I'd suggest just going on their website and either emailing or calling letting them know you're a Genii subscriber looking to visit over the time you'll be in town.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Sounds like a good suggestion bignickolson. Thank you.
(You've also reached 50 posts. Congratulations. You have some new sections you can now access, including The Banquet Room, and Let's Make a Magic Deal. Enjoy!)
tvmikek
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of tvmikek
The Magic Castle Hotel is worth staying in if you're going to be in the area. It had one of the best staffs of ANY hotel I've ever stayed in. Plus, it comes with access to the castle.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Wizard of Oz, Sunday Brunch is the only time children under 21 years of age are allowed into the Magic Castle. However, you'll need to be with a member to gain entrance. Passes are only accepted throughout the week and you do not need a member to with you. Weeknights are 21 and over only, same with Friday Lunch.

Oz, YLyoo if you guys need a pass you can PM me for more details. I am a member.

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Thank you Mark. That's very generous of you.
YLyoo
View Profile
Regular user
South Korea
108 Posts

Profile of YLyoo
I am sorry for the delay.
(Especially Mr. Williams for the generous offer)
I got an invitation from Mr. Haydn here at the Café a month ago and forgot to post here
that I have got one!
I see that Wizard of Oz also got help!
Thank you everyone! This really means a lot to me.
The Magic Café truly is a great place!
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2015, YLyoo wrote:
I am sorry for the delay.
(Especially Mr. Williams for the generous offer)
I got an invitation from Mr. Haydn here at the Café a month ago and forgot to post here
that I have got one!
I see that Wizard of Oz also got help!
Thank you everyone! This really means a lot to me.
The Magic Café truly is a great place!

Let us know YLyoo of your experience at the Castle. I had no idea how one can get in the Castle. My sister had an inside contact and we had no problems getting in. It is truly a wonderful place that is nothing but class. The meals are delicious and the decor is second to none. I had a wonderful time and could spent so much time looking at the artwork and posters. I love magic history and I had fun teaching my sister who and why the magicians on the wall contributed to our wonderful art.
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of elierfr
Hi,
I'll be in LA in april 2023.
IS it still possible to have an invitation if I subscribe to GENII magazine ?
All the guest of the Magic Castle Hotel can have an invitation ?

Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Can anyone help me with an invitation to the Magic Castle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL