The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Rhonda Rousey vs Holly Holms........WOW!!! (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Perhaps we should question the entertainment value of brain injury.

!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:

Or perhaps not. If you ate not entertained don't watch.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I still believe to be knocked out is to be unconscious. That guy was silly with his definitions. Getting the wind knocked out of you is not getting "knocked out".

I changed with the discussion when it moved to the fist KO'd her and not the kick. We can definitely go back to what being KO'd is, I'm happy to oblige!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Wind? Lunatik, it has nothing to do with having the wind knocked out of you.
Have you ever been punched so hard that you don't know who you are? Yet you're still on your feet with your arms at your side trying to figure out if you're alive? I hope to $#@! that if you are in that state, the ref gives you a standing count and rings the bell before another, undefended, life altering blow is delivered.
If the last blow doesn't come, and you are still crosseyed after an eight count, you are knocked out. If the blow does come and you are carried out on a stretcher, you are knocked out.
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:

Excellent point.
I could direct you to millions of people who are suffering from a degenerative brain illness who have never been involved in full contact combat.
I could also point you in the direction of the many that participated in full contact combat, that have acquired a mental condition, or one that was exacerbated by cranial trauma.
Whatever the outcome, and numbers, the majority of people who took the risk of fighting and suffered in later life, knew what they were doing, and were paid for doing it
The people who unfortunately are struck down by this disease naturally, never earned a penny from the risk...THEY HAD NO RISK.
Either way, it's a bag of wank!!
Best regards. An ex-boxer.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea because it is such a mystery that being punched in the head will cause trauma.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Lunatic, in boxing and MMA terms, being knocked out means being out of action for a ten count. Generally you are on the ground, but it is not essential.

As to being unconscious, you can be on your feet and be out of control of your body and mental faculties. That's unconscious to the rest of us. Any of us who have messed with combat sports know that your senses can be scrambled with a punch that doesn't put you on the floor.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree Smile

Ronda still got whooped and I doubt she'll win the rematch!
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, lunatik wrote:

Again we'll have to disagree. I think she can win the rematch. If she learns from this she can become a great fighter.

But no matter what the result, the best female fighter on the planet is still Ireland's Katie Taylor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, lunatik wrote:

Yes we might as well agree to disagree about gravity and the speed of light as well.

Rousey was beaten like a government mule. I have no prediction fire the rematch.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
If you're really still wanting to argue about it Danny, we can take it off line.

Tony, I havent heard of Katie, I'll have to check her out for sure. I will say that if Ronda takes up Mayweathers offer, it would greatly benefit her.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
What are you babbling about off line?

I do know one thing for certain. Rousey has been good for the sport of MMA.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I said that we can agree to disagree. Then you made a remark indicating that you still think what you think is equivalent to science when it's clearly not. So, if you're wanting to keep arguing the point endlessly, we can take it to PM where I will entertain you.

I do agree that Ronda has been a big boost for MMA.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Explaining science to you?

No thanks. I'll buy a donkey and find a windmill.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Such short memory.....agree to disagree about Gravity and the speed of light. So yes, as you may not be fully aware, those have to do with SCIENCE. I'm surprised that you didn't know that, but seeing that you like donkeys and windmills, I'm not that surprised.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Illiterate much?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
In boxing and mama there is an actual definition of what a knock out is; it's not a matter of opinion, you don't have to be on the ground unconscious.
Earlier I posted an excerpt of rules section from MMA for DUMMIES by Frank Shamrock.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2015, lunatik wrote:
Tony, I haven't heard of Katie, I'll have to check her out for sure.

Here is the short story. Six times European Champion, six times EU champion, five times world champion, olympic champion. She has been offered big money to fight pro, but the standard in the women's game is not up there with the men's yet, so she has remained amateur. She has also played international soccer for Ireland in between winning against every opponent she has met.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2015, seadog93 wrote:
In boxing and mama there is an actual definition of what a knock out is; it's not a matter of opinion, you don't have to be on the ground unconscious.
Earlier I posted an excerpt of rules section from MMA for DUMMIES by Frank Shamrock.

Yep. He doesn't know the accepted standard definitions then he wants to agree to disagree.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2015, seadog93 wrote:

What definition are you talking about, with respect to boxing?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Rhonda Rousey vs Holly Holms........WOW!!! (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL