The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Healed and Sealed is crazy! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
mervyn
View Profile
New user
singapore
3 Posts

Profile of mervyn
Well, I'm a starter to street magic cos I'm more used to doing card tricks, and I tried doing healed and sealed for the first time (after some practise of course) to some passers-by on the streets, and boy, was it hell of an effect!

they were looking at me as if I were an alien!! this trick is such a definite killer it stuns audiences every time. I did it twice and both times, their jaws just went straight to the floor.

definitely an ingenious invention, a trick to get!
filem
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of filem
I'm not sure I would call Healed and Sealed "street magic" for the simple reason that it takes too much preparation.

But it is ingenious.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi I have seen a very good street busker in London work
Healed and Sealed. Does that count?
Mario
orbit17
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of orbit17
I would call it a street magic type effect - I use it in parks a lot, setup is a bit of an issue for sure, but nothing that stops me ever wanting to use the effect. I think it is amazing, anyone else noticed that the warmer the tins contents the better the resorstion .... ?
mervyn
View Profile
New user
singapore
3 Posts

Profile of mervyn
Yeah. I tried it today with a cold can, it didn't really work out. but my tropical climate kinda helps. I think the preperation of it should be done whilst the can is cold and left to heat up on its own, which would make good use for the "impromptu" act.

how about the can tab? what do you use?
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Yes, the ideal temperature for restoration is room temperature, espesially if you use beer cans.
For the tab I use Modèns application (mentioned in the booklet) with a black napkin(moist), I also got a great alternative on prepearing from him personally, PM me if you are interested.

-e-'

Mervyn:
I just sent a PM to your Hotmail address...
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
pcamel
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of pcamel
How much of a pain is the setup....how long does it take to reset?
mervyn
View Profile
New user
singapore
3 Posts

Profile of mervyn
The set up is pretty simple actually.. except for the part on making it look flawless... but if u're doing this on a street itts rather hard to detect so its a pretty easy set up.

there's no need to reset..
Steven Fox
View Profile
New user
Guatemala
28 Posts

Profile of Steven Fox
Hi every body, Im a Magician from Guatemala and Magic is my life, maybe most of my magic is old fashioned but I present it like its gods newest creation.. now about the healed and sealed, I love the effect, but I'm not quiet sure how it works, can someboby help me out?

foxestudios@yahoo.com
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Well Steven, Welcome to the Cafè.
Healed and Sealed is one of those real stunners, who do not require any props, or hidden gismos, but then again it's not impromptu.

The effect itself is:
"The magician holds a empty can with only two fingers, the can slowly starts to un-crush itself until all of the dents are pressed out.
With a wave of his hand over the top, the can reseals itself. The magician then opens the can to find that the can is now full"

Buy the manuscript and a bunch of soda cans and you'll be ready for some exiting practice sessions..

Check out:
http://home5.swipnet.se/~w-52256/healedandsealed.html

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
Steven Fox
View Profile
New user
Guatemala
28 Posts

Profile of Steven Fox
Thanks eirik! ill be shure to buy it, and since I'm buying magic can you guys recomend me some really cool tricks..
Flec
View Profile
Special user
UK
585 Posts

Profile of Flec
I'm having trouble makign the opened seal appaer closed. any tips?

apart from that, everythin else is amazing, I folled myself when I made the crinkles fill out!
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Flec,
If you read through the manuscript, Anders has a couple of applications for "sealing"
Use your imagination and try out different things, you'll soon find one that fits you the best.

-e-
karnage
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
40 Posts

Profile of karnage
Hi there... I am planning to buy Healed and Sealed, only problem is it's a bit costly for one single trick (livin in M'sia, exchange rate is a killer, costs 50 bucks here)...
I only wanna know, in the ad in Penguin Magic it says the manuscript teaches you how to "crush the can and show it empty in front of the spectators" or something like that... Is that true?
Also, what about angles? And how far does the audience have to be before they detect some discrepancies in the "empty" can??

Thanks all Smile
Necromance
View Profile
New user
Pattingham, UK
53 Posts

Profile of Necromance
Hi,
Would just like to say that I have the effect and the effect is mind-boggling! However, I find the set-up extremely hard. Any tips to make it easier?

Karnage,
the "emptiness" is just an effect and in my version the can is already crushed.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic-Arthur C. Clarke
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced-probably NOT Arthur C. Clarke
Oz Fan
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Oz Fan
When Blaine performed healed and sealed on "Vertigo" did he use a stooge?
Blake S.
Eternal
View Profile
New user
Chicago
7 Posts

Profile of Eternal
Ive heard so much about this trick and really want to purchase it the effect looks astounding....

-karnage- $50!?! wow I know for a fact you can gte it for under 10 from ellusionist.com and the self proclaimed inventor of the trick Anders Moden sells it on his site for about $12 id suggest checking that out
Che
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Che
Quote:
On 2004-03-09 18:42, Oz Fan wrote:
When Blaine performed healed and sealed on "Vertigo" did he use a stooge?

Thats a Question I have been asking for a long time. And you will recieve a lot of "Yes" answers with no explaination other than "How else could he"....
I think what he did more than likely,(although this is just my opinion), is had the same type of can planted before he showed up. I honestly doubt that the people picnicing at the park were stooges.
indianajones
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of indianajones
Karnage, I don't think there is an angle problem. There are lots to do for the set up but the materials mostly can be prepared in advance so the setup itself won't take too long. Do I make sense?
karnage
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
40 Posts

Profile of karnage
Hey there, thanks guys.... it's 50 bucks here after the exchange rate...USD to Malaysian Ringgit...bahz...
Anyways a friend of mine got the trick... He was complaining about it... Apparently the local cans are a wee bit too thin to perform the effect like you guys do overseas... *** funny when he shook the thing... the can healed 60%, then he was like "You see, you see it doesn't work" and we heard the gas go "Psssssssssssssss"
Well, lucky me, I almost bought it I guess...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Healed and Sealed is crazy! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL