The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..30~31~32 [Next]
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
The TT and ID have both been revealed and exposed countless thousands of times, and yet folks are still able to wow judges on AGT/BGT type shows with them every year. It sucks when people reveal stuff on YouTube, especially something as good as the Svenpads, but I'm not worried in the slightest about it impacting my ability to successfully use them for an audience.
Kevin Reylek
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2016, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2016, innercirclewannabe wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2016, saysold1 wrote:
I must admit I was a tad disappointed in that I wish that the Richard Jones could have avoided so closely duplicating Oz from his exceptional AGT appearance - even down to the bit asking the judges to toss the pads across the stage.

21st Century Phantom was Oz's 2007 release and it has obviously been "out there" in the field for a long time, but still... it was Oz's and his to use and he did use it on AGT.

There are so many cool ways to do a reveal. A little extra creativity could have hit just as hard.

The tea in the soda can was clever.

I completely agree with this.If anyone wanted to compare both, they would see very little difference, apart from the fact that Oz is a more seasoned and polished performer. Good luck to the guy in the show, hopefully he will let his creative juices flow and come up with his own ways of presenting his Magic/Mentalism.

As a footnote, I hope the p"""ks on youtube, etc, don't go exposing the method, which seems to be "the thing" to do these days on the back of these talent contests. Unfortunately I don't think anyone or anything can stop that trend these days, though.

Its a bit late for that some Prat has exposed on youtube Oz Complete AGT act !

I saw that awhile ago. Idiots - but I've seen those things for many of the AGT Magic performers.

The reality is the "how it's done" stuff are guesses with some quite right, others somewhat right and many are dead wrong.

If you read the comments even those watching can't be sure of whether the explanations are 100% accurate.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Returning to the purposes this forum is designed for, I’m a bit late to the game but having now had a chance to work with the Sven Pads I am impressed with what a well-made and versatile tool Brett Barry has provided to performers. The rave reviews are in from top names so there is no need for me to repeat all the accolades so rightfully applied to what was voted by Café members as THE top product of 2015.

I simply want to add my appreciation to Brett for bringing this concept into the 21st century. I’ve experimented with homemade versions and while workable they never came close to the sum total of simplicity of appearance, accuracy in execution and dependability of the Sven Pads.

The cliché, “an embarrassment of riches” captures the sole obstacle I’ve encountered. As in: where do you start? So many possibilities!

David Thiel recently shared an observation that lends keen insight and direction to resolving this issue. He wrote, “I spent several weeks thinking about what routine a NOTEBOOK would make perfect sense for. By this I mean...what routine is a notebook BETTER suited to than any of the alternatives above? When it makes the MOST sense to use a notepad to force your item/idea/date/title/whatever...AND the notepad becomes completely incidental to the effect, you have the beginnings of a perfect routine.”

This led me to examining the various ways I’ve used notebooks (and with the addition of Sven Notes, Post It Pads) over the years. Thinking about it in this way both narrowed the field of possibilities and opened up uses I’d yet to consider with this great utility prop. While there are still far more options than I will ever realistically utilize, the ones I’m now considering make a different (read: better and more congruent) kind of sense than the overwhelm produced by asking myself “what would be something entertaining to force with my Sven Pads?”

In this way, another sign of a product that is a true worker became manifest. I found myself inspired and my creativity amplified, not simply with more and more effects but in plotting and scripting. This is one of the joys of working with something as special as Sven Pads and, again, a well-deserved thank you to Brett for all the time and hard work that went into producing them for the community.
Anand Khalsa
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
201 Posts

Profile of Anand Khalsa
Very well said! I absolutely agree with you.

The simplicity of the pads forces you to focus on your presentation. The reveal becomes so important.

I think it's easy to get bogged down in the prop or the technicality of the method, without giving the presentation enough thought. When the method is so simple and taken care of for you, it's a completely different experience.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Big announcement in that I am proud to be now partnering with Peter Nardi and Alakazam UK as the exclusive worldwide distributor of the SvenPads Supreme lineup!

I will continue to be offering the SvenPads as in the past at the SvenPads site, and the new "SvenPad Triple Banks" (allowing 3 clean F's on 3 people) will ONLY be available through Alakazam for the first 30 days.

Hi Guys

I have some amazing news, Alakazam Magic have now joined forces with Brett Barry creator of the SvenPad Supreme™ to be his exclusive worldwide distributor of this amazing line of products.

These things are absolutely awesome and in my opinion every magician and mentalist should own some.

Click the link below to read up about the SvenPads and check out all the amazing products Brett has to offer, including the brand new SvenPad Triple Banks- the best SvenPads yet!
We are expecting stock soon but I expect them to sell super- fast, so pre-order your SvenPads now.

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/category-SvenPad-Supreme.html

Peter Nardi
Alakazam Magic

Click here to view attached image.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
On French national television, Magician Eric Anto*ne did a funny and killer routine + final reveal.

That T shirt change was impossible to detect - even watching in slow motion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bymh6UQXZ4&feature=youtu.be
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Absolutely loving my new minis! Using one with Rainbow by SEO Magic (videoman here on Café had the idea to use Sven pads with it). Absolutely kills.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
Absolutely loving my new minis! Using one with Rainbow by SEO Magic (videoman here on Café had the idea to use Sven pads with it). Absolutely kills.

Eric thanks!

Gee I must have missed that Rainbow recommendation by Videoman.

Just watched the demos - excellent! Just ordered
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 26, 2016, emyers99 wrote:

Eric, happy to hear it's been getting good reactions for you.
I've been using it for Rainbow also and it's perfect for it.
So much better than the original force included with Rainbow.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Not to hijack this thread to talk about Rainbow, but I just hear they will be releasing a new reveal (Egypt) next month. So Rainbow will soon be repeatable...meaning you will need two SvenPads. So stock up.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Brett
Now the Sven triple bank and Sven notes REALLY excite me! So ordinary looking....Ordering shortly!
Thanks for making those!
Oh, and Rainbow looks excellent (on my to-get list now), but perhaps I am missing something, as I don't see the opportunity to use the pad.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guy's

I'm proud to say Alakazam are now a dealer for the entire SvenPad Range and we will be the only place you can get hold of the brand new Triple Bank when it's released. We have them all on our site for pre-order now.

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/category-SvenPad-Supreme.html

Regards

Peter
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of montanna40
That's great Peter
I have pre ordered a few . Any idea of the date they will be released though?
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2016, montanna40 wrote:
That's great Peter
I have pre ordered a few . Any idea of the date they will be released though?

yes, was wondering also
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The new SvenPad Triple Banks are almost completed at the manufacturer!!!

And my best guess is that Alakazam should have their exclusive supplies in hand (ready to ship out) for you guys no later than May 16th.

Keep in mind that each and every SvenPad will still be checked front to back by hand, before Alakazam gets them.

The Triple Banks should allow an entirely new level of force possibilities. 120 pages, 3 colors (40 pages each) as opposed to 50.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2016, caigy wrote:
I love both my SvenPads but always carry the small black one, passing it off as 'my little black book', containing the names, phone numbers and addresses of friends and family, eventually revealing a girl's name and the last three digits of her phone number or address post code Smile

Well done again Brett.

Paul mc.

Brett, I was toying with the same idea Paul mentions above so I guess the next in your ever expanding SvenPads line should be a black 3x5 pad bound on the long side so it opens like a book. It would be great to have pre-printed pages so it looks like an old school address book. You could probably get some chuckles explaining how you're old-fashioned and low tech. Might take some thought deciding if there are multiple entries on each page or whatever but I'm sure you could come up with something workable and possibly even more deceptive than blank pages. I'd get one for sure.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Got the post-it style pads, they are excellent
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thank you guys and I will look into your idea Videoman.

Many of the best ideas (like the classy black mini's) have come from end users like you.

I'm also thrilled that the new "SvenPad Triple Banks" will be shipped to Akakazam in a matter of days.

These are the best SvenPads so far IMO - offering you guys a handheld method of doing a confabulation, Cluedo, or 3+ forces with ease. The paper used were the Astro Brites that many are familiar with and you get 120 total pages (all other SvenPads have 50). There are 40 pages of each color. Man did these come out nice.

The SvenPad Triple Banks will ONLY be available at Akakazam for the first 30 days. They will have a limited supply of 150 units.

http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-SvenPa......le-.html
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Only 150 units???
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Having so much fun with these. Over the last 30 yrs I've bought tons of "limited only by your imagination" effects/utility items. Almost all ended up in the drawer. The SvenPads actually deliver on that promise. Truly a game changer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The SvenPads (197 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..30~31~32 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL