The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a prediction for a party, Amazebox preferred. (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Barnstormer
View Profile
Regular user
Batavia, Ohio
153 Posts

Profile of Barnstormer
Hello everyone.

I have a party to attend as entertainment in a few weeks.

I have ordered an Amazebox, but I have yet to see many recommendations for amazing routines.

Please let me know if you can suggest some routines for this utility suitable for 10-15 guests in a parlor situation.

What I would really like to do is to be able to mail out a sealed prediction to the people that have RSVP'ed and ask them to bring the sealed prediction to the event. ANY IDEAS??

Right now the best idea I have had on my own is to use the Amazebox for a Bill to Impossible location where each party member tears one of their own $1 bills in half, drops half in the box and burns the remaining half.

Thanks!
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Whew. Usually I look at things like this and problem solve, eventually finding something that fits the bill. I like puzzles like this.

But in this case, I can't recommend that you proceed as planned. I personally feel that the group may be too small in this case and the event (a party) sounds too intimate to use the Amazebox for without giving it away.

If the event were with group that were more compartmentalised and somewhat more formal, I could see a way forward, but I honestly think you ought to rethink what you'd like to do that evening.

Sorry if my perspective disappoints, I try to help where I can. But in this case, a caution is what I feel is most appropriate!

Best,

Atlas
Barnstormer
View Profile
Regular user
Batavia, Ohio
153 Posts

Profile of Barnstormer
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, Atlas wrote:
Whew. Usually I look at things like this and problem solve, eventually finding something that fits the bill. I like puzzles like this.

But in this case, I can't recommend that you proceed as planned. I personally feel that the group may be too small in this case and the event (a party) sounds too intimate to use the Amazebox for without giving it away.

If the event were with group that were more compartmentalised and somewhat more formal, I could see a way forward, but I honestly think you ought to rethink what you'd like to do that evening.

Sorry if my perspective disappoints, I try to help where I can. But in this case, a caution is what I feel is most appropriate!

Best,

Atlas

Atlas,

I like advice straight forward, and wrong tool for the job can be the most important advice of all.

saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Well lets think about this - Amazebox is specifically geared for about 20-30 small billets. So by design it is for a smaller group OR for a smaller selection within a larger group.

The challenge is keeping people from talking after to find out who's billet was chosen. That obviously is a very legitimate question.

There are workarounds for this - those probably shouldn't be discussed openly here. Books such as Bob Cassidy's excellent Artful Mentalism 2 or many others could give you the insights you need to solve your challenge.

To say this is the wrong tool for the job... hmmm... if you use the tool differently or with more thought, the tool could certainly be used IMO with all respect to my friend Atlas.

Good luck - Amazebox is the best thing I bought in 2015 other than my own SvenPad Supreme Smile

BRETT
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1065 Posts

Profile of sbays
Yes indeed you can make "adjustments" to make this work for a small group with a little thought.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
JLHypnosis
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of JLHypnosis
I sent a PM because this is something that should not be discussed openly it is so easy but so devious it just works.

Jesse
Barnstormer
View Profile
Regular user
Batavia, Ohio
153 Posts

Profile of Barnstormer
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, JLHypnosis wrote:
I sent a PM because this is something that should not be discussed openly it is so easy but so devious it just works.

Jesse

I checked, I don't have any messages.

Barnstormer
View Profile
Regular user
Batavia, Ohio
153 Posts

Profile of Barnstormer
Quote:

The challenge is keeping people from talking after to find out who's billet was chosen. That obviously is a very legitimate question.
There are workarounds for this - those probably shouldn't be discussed openly here. Books such as Bob Cassidy's excellent Artful Mentalism 2 or many others could give you the insights you need to solve your challenge.

To say this is the wrong tool for the job... hmmm... if you use the tool differently or with more thought, the tool could certainly be used IMO with all respect to my friend Atlas.

Good luck - Amazebox is the best thing I bought in 2015 other than my own SvenPad Supreme Smile

BRETT

Thank you!

BTW, I plan to order the SvenPad Supreme this week, possibly tonight if I get my work done in time.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I don't own one, but Amazebox looks fantastic.

But - I'll be thinking long and hard how to use it. Don't want to waste it on something trivial.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2015, bevbevvybev wrote:
I don't own one, but Amazebox looks fantastic.

But - I'll be thinking long and hard how to use it. Don't want to waste it on something trivial.

Just get one. So good.

James Bond clever - you would appreciate!!!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I have an Amazebox and it COULD be used for the situation you suggest, with some clever routining and thinking.
I however agree with Atlas that it wouldn't be high on my list for such a gig.
There are probably better things you could do for the audience you will be faced with,
rather than tweaking something just because it's available.

Just my opinion, others are available.

Regards
steve
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Quote:
On Nov 25, 2015, saysold1 wrote:
Well lets think about this - Amazebox is specifically geared for about 20-30 small billets. So by design it is for a smaller group OR for a smaller selection within a larger group.

BRETT

You had to buy the Sven pad from yourself , I hope you got good discount Brett 😏

P.s. The pads look wonderful , I still need to pick some up

Carl
Magicman3277
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Magicman3277
Kind of late but a great idea for few people is to all have them write there name down and when you pick one of the names from the box you predicted everything about that person on a roll of paper in view the whole time
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Look into the Unbelievalope. The Amazebox is awesome, but may not be exactly right for this situation because the guests will all talk after the show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a prediction for a party, Amazebox preferred. (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL