The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Syria Explained (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2017, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
The enemy of my enemy got some bad publicity.

How many times...

"Yes, 'n' how many times can a man turn his head
And pretend that he just doesn't see"
(Sound of Bob Dylan song)
"How many times must..."

...the answer is blowing in the wind - again Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2017, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2017, RNK wrote: Absolutely not! Trump can look at a color that is blue and say it's blue but the mainstream media will say, "Can you believe Trump had to think about what color he was looking at before naming it? Besides, it's not blue, it's blue-ish with grey in it".

Come now, it is clearly Green and you are obviously focussing on the complete absence of yellow aspect only...

Well Salguod, my thoughts on the middle east, and of course they can be wrong as they are only my thoughts and I am simply an imperfect human, are that Syria and Iran are two "bad hombres" that are involved in housing terrorism spewing hate for western civilization. It was the last administration the stated Syria had no chemical weapons which we now know was false. The weakness of the last administration and their looking the other way has allowed the middle east including North Korea to become increasingly more dangerous to the US.

Now all my jargon may be that I am completely missing the absence of the yellow aspect. Very possible! My wife tells me all the time that I am colorblind!
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, RNK wrote: The weakness of the last administration and their looking the other way has allowed the middle east including North Korea to become increasingly more dangerous to the US.

Do you think we are in more danger now than say 5,10, or 15 years ago?
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Danger of what? A Facebook live stream or YouTube video going viral?
Being blamed for providing means of destruction to hostiles? Providing foreign aid to human rights violators?

What national interest is at risk in Syria?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, RNK wrote: The weakness of the last administration and their looking the other way has allowed the middle east including North Korea to become increasingly more dangerous to the US.

Yea define danger. Because certainly the world seems to get more dangerous as technology progresses and it is nobodies fault

The last 2 administration's have provided ample information that ideology is not as good as being pragmatic.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 13, 2017, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Quote:

I think so. As someone earlier said- TECHNOLOGY. The radicalization of Muslims through technology is one adherent adding the danger up-tick. I also feel that there is always going to be bad and good. And if the bad is not consistently addressed just like if a cold or flu is not addressed it will escalate into something more harmful. In this world there will never be peace. It just can't happen. I truly wish we could all live in peace but evil will always be here.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I don't think N. Korea has anything that can reach the U.S.A. and I haven't heard of any radical Islamic attacks either during the last administration.

The last incident I believe was the Boston bombing and that was rather low tech.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2017, Salguod Nairb wrote:
I don't think N. Korea has anything that can reach the U.S.A. and I haven't heard of any radical Islamic attacks either during the last administration.

The last incident I believe was the Boston bombing and that was rather low tech.

There has been Muslims that have become radicalized through technology. Absolutely there has- San Bernardino in 2017 and Florida gay night club shooting to name a few.

Since you missed them here is a list of occurrence's that happened under the Obama administration. Of course it's hard to hear about them since the left controls the mainstream media. http://www.dailywire.com/news/11410/comp......-barrett
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2017, Salguod Nairb wrote:
I don't think N. Korea has anything that can reach the U.S.A.

So you are under the notion (as the left is and has been the last 8 years) that since they don't have one that can reach the US YET, leave them alone and they won't keep working on it until they able to create one that can make it to the US? Not to mention reach our allies like Japan and South Korea?

Umm. Not a very good plan, agree?
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
So are you saying we should preemptive attack on North Korea just in case they are working on long range missiles; even though they haven't attacked anyone yet?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, Salguod Nairb wrote:
So are you saying we should preemptive attack on North Korea just in case they are working on long range missiles; even though they haven't attacked anyone yet?

I am just saying what all the world leaders know in that North Korea's leader is crazy (which he has proven by killing more than one of his own family members). This is the reason the UN and other nations have agreed on sanctions in the past years against North Korea for continuing to develop nuclear capabilities. Because once he has them it's to late. Any person that will kill his own brother and other family members should be allowed to have nuclear weapons?

Well, I guess you are more trusting than me Salgoud.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Not more trusting, N.Korea leaders have been loony for decades. If they actually attack and not continue to posture the way they have, then I have no problems dropping bombs.

However, dropping bombs because they make us feel nervous sets the wrong precedent for the U.S.A.
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, Salguod Nairb wrote:

This is the reason the UN and other nations have agreed on sanctions in the past years against North Korea for continuing to develop nuclear capabilities. Because once he has them it's to late. Any person that will kill his own brother and other family members should be allowed to have nuclear weapons?

N. Korea has had nukes since 2006.

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2017, RNK wrote:
I also feel that there is always going to be bad and good.

This is what I can't understand.

Good and bad are not things, they are names we assign to the result of actions.

Why can't we take different actions?

Quote:
In this world there will never be peace. It just can't happen.

Totally disagree.
We could have peace - the absence of violence, in two generations.

Hell, we could have it tomorrow if wishes were horses.

Quote:
I truly wish we could all live in peace but evil will always be here.

Again, "evil" is not a thing.
It's a name we assign to really bad actions, and is totally subject to a persons viewpoint.

Do you think "evil" is an actual thing - a force/being operating in our shared reality?

If so, what is it's root cause?
Where does it come from?

I think it DOES exist, and I have my own opinion as to why; but I'm curious about yours.
If you need fear to enforce your beliefs, then your beliefs are worthless.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Getting pseudo psychological is not useful. There will always be people who act contrary to peace. (By the way you can do the same thing with the weird peace that you did with good and evil. Why don't you go ahead and do that?)

You will never have the absence of conflict for 2 generations. It will never happen. Why don't people just act differently? Well because they have free will. Can't force peace on people can ya? So really it is a great dream and a wonderful abstract, but never going to happen.

And can you spare us the religion is the root of all problems speech this time?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:
Getting pseudo psychological is not useful. There will always be people who act contrary to peace. (By the way you can do the same thing with the weird peace that you did with good and evil. Why don't you go ahead and do that?)

You will never have the absence of conflict for 2 generations. It will never happen. Why don't people just act differently? Well because they have free will. Can't force peace on people can ya? So really it is a great dream and a wonderful abstract, but never going to happen.

I'm not talking about forcing anything on anyone.

Why do we fight when we no longer have to?
Why do we destroy when we no longer have to?
What is the reason?

Even the greediest has to see that this is madness.

Get as angry as you want, the questions are valid.

Nowhere in the current diplomatic conversation is ANYONE talking about less violence.
It's all a matter of who can hurt who more.

Why?

Btw, I know I'm naive, so can you spare me the derision for once and just go onto chapter 2?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Why is narrative - usually after the fact.
More likely about "how much" and "or else what" type questions.

Risk?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, NYCTwister wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2017, Dannydoyle wrote:

I'm not talking about forcing anything on anyone.

Why do we fight when we no longer have to?
Why do we destroy when we no longer have to?
What is the reason?

Even the greediest has to see that this is madness.

Get as angry as you want, the questions are valid.

Nowhere in the current diplomatic conversation is ANYONE talking about less violence.
It's all a matter of who can hurt who more.

Why?

Btw, I know I'm naive, so can you spare me the derision for once and just go onto chapter 2?

Can you spare me trying to paint me as angry? It is a tired and pathetic attempt to re frame my point. The simple act of disagreement with you does not equal anger. It is called free thinking.

People have conflict because they have different values, different opinions of how to see the world.

My question is of you have someone bent on conflict how do you propose to stop it?

You yourself can't stay out of heated arguments, you can't manage to accept that other opinions are valid. You have to lie about me being angry to somehowmake your own point. That behavior alone will cause conflict. Add in some arrogance and condescension and you have reasons for conflict.

That is just an example from your own postings. Imagine including the whole world.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
NYCTwister
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of NYCTwister
Sure Danny.

Why do people have different viewpoints?
We are all human. Basically we want the same things, regardless of where we're born or what we believe. We should be able to come an agreement as to what constitutes acceptable behavior.

It shouldn't be difficult, but according to some it's impossible.
Why?

What is the base of any morality which causes one person/country to initiate violence against another?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Agreement? Between billions of people with vastly different cultures and life experiences? Certainly you must be joking.

Why do people have different viewpoints? Precisely because they ARE humans.

Let me ask you something. Does violence exist in nature?

Sorry to say it but while it is a great ideal, they're is simply no way to get there. Utopia simply dies not exist. It is that simple.

I mean just the tone with which you wire your posts and the condescending attitude to others who disagree with you is your answer. I mean seriously I'd toy think this is all possible why don't you walk the walk?

And in your Utopia what happens when one does turn to violence because of mental imbalance? What happens when you get the small percentage who do become violent. There is no way to stop it 100%. What then?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Syria Explained (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL