The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Clipboard? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

res0g47o
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of res0g47o
Who is making the best clipboard for pre-show work these days? Now that Lee Earle isn't making his "older" one, I need a new clipboard for pre-show work. Thanks for your help.
Please email response directly to res0g47o@verizon.net
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
The best clipboards (and similar impression devices) that I ever owned are the ones made by John Riggs.

John is a great guy and and IMO a master craftman.

You can't go wrong with his products!

Paolo
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
mrmental2003
View Profile
New user
USA
21 Posts

Profile of mrmental2003
Where do you find Mr Rigg's clipboards?
Thanks
Rich
felix2
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of felix2
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
John Riggs is the king of clipboard makers!
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
I second what's said about about John Riggs.
I don't know if The Brown Hornet is the best on the market, but at least the best I ever have used.

I would also suggest that you have a look in to Osterlind's Imp Pad.
It looks like the most innocent thing in the world, and is perfect for preshow work.
You can make them yourself.

Sven
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Sven, where can I find information on the Imp Pad?
Kenguru
View Profile
Loyal user
Hungary & Israel
273 Posts

Profile of Kenguru
Check the Richard Osterlind DVD set (it's on no. 4).

All right then. I'll go to hell. (Mark Twain)
Suffolk
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Suffolk
If you want a cheap and cheerful clipboard just for pre-show and don't need an onstage peek, check out Issue one of Center Tear - yours for about £5 and a half hour's work.

Doug
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2004-03-02 09:22, david_a_whitehead wrote:
Sven, where can I find information on the imp pad

David;
The Imp Pad is fully described in the series. This is both for an amazing routine, and detailed construction of it

Recommended!!!

Sven
mentalmagic
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of mentalmagic
Bob Cassidy has a clip board that can be found on his web page mastermindreader.com. I've got two, one from an ebay auction and another from a UK web page.

It's rather easy to construct, he included the directions for making new ones.

The one on his web page appears to be a newer model.

Be warned however that there can be a rather long delay in getting your orders.
disappointing hack
View Profile
New user
aberystwyth
98 Posts

Profile of disappointing hack
A friend of mine owns a brown hornet, it looks perfect, with a good sturdy construction. I'm also intrigued by the 'black mantis,' would anyone who owns one be so kind as to jot down their thought on it?
many thanks
"shoot 'em in the back, quick, while they're not looking" Richard M. Nixon's Head.
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
The "Black Mantis" is no longer available and I don't know if John will be making any more... considering the effectiveness and power of the Hornet's, Skeeter's and Baby Hornets and the ability to use them real time the Mantis, while brilliant, may be past its time as far as usage... the "Mantis" is only for pre-show work because of how the impression is revealed...

The "Mantis" is basically an updated and modified Fields device clipboard... if you visit John's site and read the write-up on the "Mantis" you'll see that John is quite transparent in how it works... the major difference is the usage of black with white impression rather than the usual way around and his finding a unique "surface" from which to make the boards... and the effectiveness in hiding the "capture" using that material...

Fields devices are not difficult to make and use... you could easily make one within minutes of visiting a Office Depot/Max/Staples (or well stocked office supply/stationers) as well as visiting a printers supply house for the neccessary impression capturing material...

Richard Mark had an interesting Fields type application that he marketed in the late 70's called "Target Telepathy" which was a white-on-white type capturing system similar to the "mentalists" notebook... all that was needed was a "special" box (which can be bought almost anywhere), paper and that special "something" you have sitting right in your bathroom... simple, deceptive and works quite well...

Hope this helps...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader
Õ¿Õ¬
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
ResOg47o,
If you are doing pre show work the best clip boards in my opinion are the Bob Nelson clipboards or the Rielly clipboard. How ever it will be near impossible to find a Reilly. The Nelson boards will be available very soon. They are being remade.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Best Clipboard? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL