The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Trinity Emergency system vs Million Dollar knot? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RedHatMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
239 Posts

Profile of RedHatMagic
Hello,

I am thinking of buying one of the above. Can anyone tell me how they compare as far as I can tell both products are good but if you have knowledge of BOTH I would love to hear from you.

Many thanks,

Danny
Let the Entertainment Commence!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I am Trinity all the way. I have the entire system (including the "emergency" system) and couldn't be happier with my "bands". Plus you get some effects on the Emergency DVD. I think the Million Dollar Knot is just a knot video. (not sure - pun intended Smile )
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
lejulio
View Profile
New user
Worlwide
56 Posts

Profile of lejulio
For me, just the Legacy Emergency Kit is enough
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
I just recently got interested in IT and IET, and bought some Vectra of both types. I'm guessing that you're talking about the systems on Subdivided Studios?

Do either of these come with some sort of jig, or is everything on the DVD's?

I'm not against building my own jig, if it's even necessary.

Boomer
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The massive kit comes with two pieces if hardware that make the knots very simple and any size from a small child's wrist to a full body band plus a DVD on its use and some great effects. The Legacy Emergency Kit (LEK) Is also part of the massive set. It contains a DVD showing how to do a knot "on the fly" comes with scissors and iet and a couple effects on the DVD. Then the massive kit comes with a large container of extra (very good by the way) iet. Here is a review I wrote a couple years ago. I still stand by the product 100%. I also use it to make bands out of Steve Fearon's two different IETs (EVE AND MONO).
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

IF I were to only pick one though, I would get the Trinity System rather than the LEK because you can use the hardware to pre-make several bands and not worry about running out on the fly. Although I do whole heartilly recommend the full system.

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Thanks Poof-Daddy, I appreciate your input. Browsing through the thread posted above was golden.

Now to dig through my tubs and find my reels.

Boomer
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
A minor bump here to ask a couple of follow-up questions, since it seems more appropriate than making a new thread (pun intended). Feel free to tell me to start fresh.
I've heard tell that there's a secret forum for IT-specific stuff, but because I've lurked too much, I can't get to it yet.

I've been thinking of getting into IT/IET more lately, and I'm particularly interested in the Ring Slide effect from the L.E.K. DVD, which I've read amazing things about. But I'm managing to up-sell myself, since it seems to make more sense to buy more at once, rather than getting it separately, and then again if I buy the DVD itself.

So questions:

1) What else is on the LEK DVD? I can't seem to find a good list of what it contains, other than Ring Slide.

2) How does it compare to the Trinity System/IET Massive Kit? Is that just instructions, or also effects? Is it that a worthwhile purchase if I've barely done any IT work?
2b) How much did you pay for the whole kit when it was on sale, Poof?

3) Is this still one of the best sets/thread? I know technology here changes pretty fast, and most of the reviews I've read in the Café are a year or two old.

Thanks!
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, tonsofquestions wrote:
1) What else is on the LEK DVD? I can't seem to find a good list of what it contains, other than Ring Slide.

TOC for Legacy Emergency Kit DVD -
What you receive
How to tie IET bands
How to tie body bands
Bill Levitation - Justin Miller
Band Up - JM
Ring Slide - JM
Simple Bill Float - Sebashtion H
Plus you get some hardware and IET + dispenser

Quote:
2) How does it compare to the Trinity System/IET Massive Kit? Is that just instructions, or also effects? Is it that a worthwhile purchase if I've barely done any IT work?

There is a separate DVD for the Trinity System (with different effects) and you get the needed hardware for tying professional quality elastic bands in virtually any size from a small child's wrist to a full body band. As for a comparison, They are for different situations. The System (and hardware) is for "Pre-tying" professional bands. Thus having some quality control (so to speak) by making them up beforehand. The "Legacy Emergency Kit" (LEK) teaches you to tie bands "on the fly" in case you need to (between tables or performances while strolling) (You could still make them up in advance using this method but the "Trinity System" and it's hardware will do a much better and more consistent job).

The Massive Kit is both DVDs plus all hardware and an additional dispenser with 1,000 ft of Legacy 2.0 IET

Is it worthwhile? That is your decision. If you like what you have seen done with IET (or "Loops") and want to perform "animations" of objects (as opposed to levitation) then Yes it is worth getting the whole kit. There is a lot more out there (see Guerilla Guide to loops vol 1-3 for some great examples besides the effects that come on the DVDs you receive with the kit). If you do end up performing with IT or IET, you will be happy and save a lot of money in the long run. If you get it, don't practice, get frustrated and toss it in the magic drawer to collect dust... It is really a matter of "Do you want to put in the time and effort to perform with it?" If so - save your pennies and grab the kit.

Quote:
2b) How much did you pay for the whole kit when it was on sale, Poof?

It was a few years ago, so I am not sure but it is currently on sale on their site. http://subdividedstudios.com/themassivekit.html

Quote:
3) Is this still one of the best sets/thread? I know technology here changes pretty fast, and most of the reviews I've read in the Café are a year or two old.

Yes, the set and thread are still top quality. This is not really one of those things that changes. It is a system for tying bands and a quality thread. The great thing is - no matter what elastic thread you want to use... It will work with this system. I use Steve Fearson's "EVE" and "Mono Elastic" as well as the Legacy 2.0 (depending on what my conditions will be) I have a friend who uses Mesika's elastic with it (as well as the Legacy 2.0).

Quote:
I've heard tell that there's a secret forum for IT-specific stuff, but because I've lurked too much, I can't get to it yet.

Yes, there is. You will get there after 50 legitimate posts (but don't worry, you are not missing out on a lot). It is just a few forums where people can talk a little more openly but it is protected from internet searches and casual lurkers. "Secrets" are not given out. It is just a little more open discussion without the se***t w***s being hidden. Smile

Smile Smile
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2016, Poof-Daddy wrote:

Quote:
TOC for Legacy Emergency Kit DVD -
What you receive
How to tie IET bands
How to tie body bands
Bill Levitation - Justin Miller
Band Up - JM
Ring Slide - JM
Simple Bill Float - Sebashtion H
Plus you get some hardware and IET + dispenser

Awesome, thanks! Do you like the other effects, too? If you have it easily accessible, what are the ones on the other DVD? Was there one set you preferred over the others?

Quote:
There is a separate DVD for the Trinity System (with different effects) and you get the needed hardware for tying professional quality elastic bands in virtually any size from a small child's wrist to a full body band. As for a comparison, They are for different situations. The System (and hardware) is for "Pre-tying" professional bands. Thus having some quality control (so to speak) by making them up beforehand. The "Legacy Emergency Kit" (LEK) teaches you to tie bands "on the fly" in case you need to (between tables or performances while strolling) (You could still make them up in advance using this method but the "Trinity System" and it's hardware will do a much better and more consistent job).

The Massive Kit is both DVDs plus all hardware and an additional dispenser with 1,000 ft of Legacy 2.0 IET

Is it worthwhile? That is your decision. If you like what you have seen done with IET (or "Loops") and want to perform "animations" of objects (as opposed to levitation) then Yes it is worth getting the whole kit. There is a lot more out there (see Guerilla Guide to loops vol 1-3 for some great examples besides the effects that come on the DVDs you receive with the kit). If you do end up performing with IT or IET, you will be happy and save a lot of money in the long run. If you get it, don't practice, get frustrated and toss it in the magic drawer to collect dust... It is really a matter of "Do you want to put in the time and effort to perform with it?" If so - save your pennies and grab the kit.

Got it, thanks. So the LEK bands are a bit less consistent, since you don't have hardware, but it might be a good introduction to experiment with at that price, rather than spending 3x as much.

Quote:
It was a few years ago, so I am not sure but it is currently on sale on their site. http://subdividedstudios.com/themassivekit.html

Well, it says "sale" but not how much it is normally. So I figured that might just be the usual price, while yours was at a bigger difference.

Quote:
Yes, there is. You will get there after 50 legitimate posts (but don't worry, you are not missing out on a lot). It is just a few forums where people can talk a little more openly but it is protected from internet searches and casual lurkers. "Secrets" are not given out. It is just a little more open discussion without the se***t w***s being hidden. Smile

Gotcha. I figured real secrets weren't given out, but it's still nice to be able to search for real words or ask in an area specific to the topic.
Thanks again!
mindthump
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of mindthump
I just bought the Trinity system on the SDS site -- it's on an "Out of Stock" sale and they are including the big Legacy spool. I like 'IET bands' but not the price for pre-tied, and it's a lot of grief for me to tie my own (gettin' old); I wasted a lot of thread doing that. I'm not a professional but from many comments across the Café I decided to take a chance on the system.
mindthump
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of mindthump
My Trinity System it arrived yesterday, and already I'm super happy with it. As I said in my earlier post, I had tried both Mesika's Loops and their separate thread spool and was pretty sure about liking the effect enough to make the investment. I took a chance on it and after some getting used to it (like 1-2 hours), I've made a bunch of really nice bands.

I got some Legacy Thread with it. From I have read some people think it's more visible, but side-by-side I've only found that to be true under a few limited conditions. Contrasted with the increased strength I think it's great stuff. I feel far less afraid of pushing them to their limits, which I think makes me more at-ease with the effects. (Next: Body Bands!)
MagicMattMan
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
741 Posts

Profile of MagicMattMan
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2016, mindthump wrote:
I got some Legacy Thread with it. From I have read some people think it's more visible, but side-by-side I've only found that to be true under a few limited conditions. Contrasted with the increased strength I think it's great stuff. I feel far less afraid of pushing them to their limits, which I think makes me more at-ease with the effects. (Next: Body Bands!)

The January or February issue of Penguin Monthly had a nice article comparing 4 different IET brands. Legacy beat them all if I remember correctly.

------

As a side note, once you're comfortable with the Trinity System, the Legacy Emergency Kit is portable version of it with more work on Body Bands. And also, once you're comfortable with tying your own IET, look into SDS' newest release, No Tac.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not, none will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."Hebrews 13:2
AmazingKeithy
View Profile
New user
Round Rock, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of AmazingKeithy
I'm a little late to the game but got excited about the Trinity System after seeing the glowing review on the Wizard Product Reviews. I ordered the The IET Massive Kit directly from Subdividedstudios.com several weeks ago. When it did not arrive after a couple of weeks I called the contact number from the website and spoke with (I think) the owner. He assured me that he had indeed shipped the product but that he would be happy to ship another one since I had not received it. I thought this was very generous. When the product still did not arrive after a couple of weeks I called him back and he assured me that it was packed up and ready to go out the following business day. We discussed the possibility of tracking to ensure we could keep up with the package and he indicated he would send me the tracking number (which he has not done to date). It has been at least two weeks since we last spoke and I still do not have the product in hand. I do not know what to say about this except that I am out $140 for what promises to be a great product but do not have anything to show for the money I spent. If the situation improves I will be sure to post an update here but, as of now, I would not recommend dealing with this vendor.

Regards,
Keith
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
WOW, I have had nothing but great things to say about subdividedstuidos. This is not the normal. at least from my experience, wonder if everything is ok with him?
AmazingKeithy
View Profile
New user
Round Rock, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of AmazingKeithy
Quote:
On May 29, 2018, AmazingKeithy wrote:
I'm a little late to the game but got excited about the Trinity System after seeing the glowing review on the Wizard Product Reviews. I ordered the The IET Massive Kit directly from Subdividedstudios.com several weeks ago. When it did not arrive after a couple of weeks I called the contact number from the website and spoke with (I think) the owner. He assured me that he had indeed shipped the product but that he would be happy to ship another one since I had not received it. I thought this was very generous. When the product still did not arrive after a couple of weeks I called him back and he assured me that it was packed up and ready to go out the following business day. We discussed the possibility of tracking to ensure we could keep up with the package and he indicated he would send me the tracking number (which he has not done to date). It has been at least two weeks since we last spoke and I still do not have the product in hand. I do not know what to say about this except that I am out $140 for what promises to be a great product but do not have anything to show for the money I spent. If the situation improves I will be sure to post an update here but, as of now, I would not recommend dealing with this vendor.

Regards,
Keith

Ok! So this showed up in the mail today! Looks like everything I ordered is in the package. I'll spare you a review as others have done an awesome job of reviewing this system here and elsewhere on the Café. Just a note that I and others probably need to consider that not all dealers are set up like Penguin and Vanishing Inc with a huge focus on customer service and technology. I suspect that the primary focus of Subdivided Studios is the production of high quality products (as can be seen on their website) but not so much on order fulfillment to the general magic public. After a little persistence on the part of both parties this worked out in the end. I'm looking forward to digging in on this product.

Regards,
Keith
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I was poking around the internet attempting to find a IET tying jig, and it appears that Subdivided Studios website is offline. Does anyone know what happened to them? I wonder where I can buy this?
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1407 Posts

Profile of Jerry
This may answer your question:

https://www.facebook.com/Subdividedstudios

On the facebook account, he states that he is no longer making product.

Check here:

https://www.themagicemporium.net/

For existing product.

I may have received one of his last tables.
He is Bee farming now. But our last conversation at that time Sebashtion said he would continue making tables and magic items (I asked).
Apparently when we talked last he has changed his mind. Which is a shame because his table was the BEST!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Trinity Emergency system vs Million Dollar knot? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL