The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Trapping a coin in a can / bottle (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeremybax
View Profile
New user
Lausanne, Switzerland
51 Posts

Profile of Jeremybax
Hi,

I am working on an effect but I have a problem... for this effect I need to make a prop by putting a coin or a metal bottle cap in a can or a glass bottle in a way it cannot get out of the can (or the botle). I saw many people performing acts where they did such prop ... but I have no idea how to do that kind of prop... I tried Heating and cooling (dilatation and contraction) but it is not enough to put it in... do you have tips how I can trap a coin or the cap in?

I really wish to find a solution as it will make my effect so much stronger if the coin is really trapped in the can
weeky91
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of weeky91
Using a fol**ng coin is not an option? Otherwise I guess you have to break eather the coin or the glass and repair it afterwards. Or you blow a bottle around a coin Smile
Jeremybax
View Profile
New user
Lausanne, Switzerland
51 Posts

Profile of Jeremybax
Well bending is my last option if I don't find any techniques ... but cutting and restoring glass is a tough art and needs skills and instruments... don't have that.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
In the USA, certain aluminum cans of soda, beer, energy drinks... have an opening that will just barely let a US Quarter fit inside. You can get it back out, but it is difficult. You can certainly shake it upside down and play it being stuck with very little acting skills. I would check out different aluminum can openings (Pop and Beer, even energy drinks) and see if one will "just" accommodate a piece of your currency.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Jeremybax
View Profile
New user
Lausanne, Switzerland
51 Posts

Profile of Jeremybax
Oh ok so it is for US? ... well I will explore a bit what is on the market in Switzerland. Thanks
HarryB
View Profile
Regular user
South Texas
127 Posts

Profile of HarryB
You could contact a welder that does TIG welding and ask them if they can weld an aluminum can. It takes some skill due to the thin metal but it can be done. The welder could cut a slit in the bottom of the can and place the coin in the can, weld and grind/polish the weld like it was never there. My other hobby is welding and I'm going to try it sometime this week. One of the welding "tricks" is to weld two aluminum cans together bottom to bottom.

As for the bottle, you can call Mr. Tango and ask him to make you a coin that will fit in a bottle in your currency. I doubt a spectator would shake the coin hard enough to get the coin out of the bottle. I recommend the internal system.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What specifically is your intended effect for the audience?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jeremybax
View Profile
New user
Lausanne, Switzerland
51 Posts

Profile of Jeremybax
I don't want to say much more for now, but I've been given a solution.. thanks all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Trapping a coin in a can / bottle (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL