The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What is the right clip&right thumb clip? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Heads&Tails
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Heads&Tails
Hi there.

Now, I'm reading about tervan magic vol.2.

but, in content, Total Eclipse, final part sometimes(maybe twice) write 'right thumb clip' and 'right clip'.

I don't know that word. and anywhere see.

What is this??

that is Thumb palm??

please give me answer & solution.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
There are several palming positions using the thumb, but a lot of cross-naming of them. "Thumb Palm" can apply to them all

Downs Palm, Thumb Crotch, Back Thumb Clip, Thumb Pinch, fundown, Thumb Retention, Schneider Snap Back

Not sure about the one in that book.

a bit more of a description would help.

The most common Thumb Palm is probably where the object is nipped between side of the thumb and base of the index finger, or further back into the thumb joint. (parallel with the palm)

For me, a "clip" has the coin on top of the finger and extending either back or forward, i.e. perpendicular to the palm
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2016, Heads&Tails wrote:
Hi there.

Now, I'm reading about tervan magic vol.2.

but, in content, Total Eclipse, final part sometimes(maybe twice) write 'right thumb clip' and 'right clip'.

I don't know that word. and anywhere see.

What is this??

that is Thumb palm??

please give me answer & solution.

Pretty clear, I thought. "right" is referring to the right hand - Mike uses the words right and left throughout his books instead of drawing it out to "right hand" and "left hand". If you have gotten this far in the routine surely you realized this. Also, Mike mentions moving a coin from right thumb clip to right classic palm. Just before that he describes moving the coin from the the index finger into "right thumb clip" and it appears obvious that it is a standard thumb palm. With regard to the "right clip" you mentioned, I don’t believe those words appear like that - without including the word "thumb" - anywhere in the book.

Unfortunately the thumb clip/palm doesn’t show in any of the photos in the book, which in my opinion are far too small to be of much use.

Jim
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
What page are you seeing this description on? Without reading thru the entire routine searching for this part, I looked at every photo ppgs 12-14 of the moves and there is nothing in thumb clip or palm pictured.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
It's not with me right now but it is in the "Method" section of that routine. You must be looking at it using a PDF reader program. That should have a search function - look up those words/phrases using that search.

:)

Jim
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, J-Mac wrote:
It's not with me right now but it is in the "Method" section of that routine. You must be looking at it using a PDF reader program. That should have a search function - look up those words/phrases using that search.

:)

Jim

Exactly Smile I have both Volumes in PDF. Used the search and "thumb clip" was the only one to yield a result. Exactly as you described in your previous post. The way I read that section is pretty straight forward also.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » What is the right clip&right thumb clip? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL