The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Factory Blanks by Tom Stone. (172 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, Card-Shark wrote:
OK guys, I can not stand it any longer. Smile
You can order Factory Blanks here:

http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......egory=13

There you can find the Factory Blanks. Don't ask for a video, it will come, just trust the others who are raving about the deck. They are all right...

What's the back design off this deck, I suppose it's not bicycle since is produce by you?
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, MarcLavelle wrote:
This can be done clone up easily, with an altered presentation. But still... Don't buy it. Please

With all the hype threads, I appreciate someone who has the honesty to come right out and tell me not to buy something. Thank you for saving me a few bucks.
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, MorrisCH wrote:
Quote:

There you can find the Factory Blanks. Don't ask for a video, it will come, just trust the others who are raving about the deck. They are all right...

What's the back design off this deck, I suppose it's not bicycle since is produce by you?

The backs are blank.
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, TStone wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2016, MorrisCH wrote:
Quote:

The backs are blank.

And for that, I've place my order
RichOrvec
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of RichOrvec
Just placed my order as well.

As a side question, is there a chance that this technique could be used for printing words on cards? Because if I could have custom decks made, I can think of several things I could use that for. I would certainly be interested if you had this as an option in the future.
Nick Singh
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
133 Posts

Profile of Nick Singh
Is this similar to 100th Monkey in any way? It's a little bit difficult to ensure a perfect performance with that on stage.
Magician and Emcee in Singapore - www.nick.com.sg
Youtube channel of travel videos and podcasts - www.youtube.com/user/blackchilliwing/videos
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2016, Nick Singh wrote:
Is this similar to 100th Monkey in any way? It's a little bit difficult to ensure a perfect performance with that on stage.

I would rather say it is a bit similar to "Audience Cues" from Moonshine Monologues (2009). ;-)
But yes, it is based on the high/low frequency noice principle most known from the Einstein/Marilyn image.
And no, it's easy to ensure a perfect performance with this on stage.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Tom is almost right, but I think we are only using half of the high/low frequency principle, as with Einstein/Marilyn there is a shift in the picture when changing the distance. The Factory Blanks are using only the part for near distance while the far distance information is not there. Do we have to call it the 50th Monkey then?! Smile

When designing the deck, my final design ended up in a purely mathematical solution, where values equal out each other, either on the cards themselves or by the human eye.
Btw, I struggled long with the court cards as there is so much detail in it, but my friend Patrick Lehnen finally had the perfect idea to solve the problem.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Any chance of seeing a few of the cards as the 'lone spec' would see them? A picture paints a thousand words, etc.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2016, pegasus wrote:
Any chance of seeing a few of the cards as the 'lone spec' would see them? A picture paints a thousand words, etc.

Agree, would be good to see the design (or not see it as may be the case!)
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I made a video to show the cards, but I want to wait for Tom if he is ok with it.

Chinese Proverb
IanB
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby
262 Posts

Profile of IanB
I'm the person Tom chose out of the audience at The Session.

After the lecture I bought 2 decks as I was blown away by the whole routine and potential of this deck.

Please don't buy!! Too good for mere mortals ...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2016, Card-Shark wrote:
I made a video to show the cards, but I want to wait for Tom if he is ok with it.

Ok thanks Christian.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
We decided against a close up shot video, even if it is !@#$%^& amazing. Just trust the hype, there is a reason for it. And Card-Shark never disappointed. This one has the potential for Best Trick of this year. Smile

Chinese Proverb
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Quote:
We decided against a close up shot video, even if it is !@#$%^& amazing. Just trust the hype, there is a reason for it. And Card-Shark never disappointed. This one has the potential for Best Trick of this year. Smile

Ehmm... No video, no "trust the hype". Hype is generally not a good thing in magic Smile Nothing better than the true facts.
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Christian,

If one orders this week, when will the orders be shipped?

Thanks in advance.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Mine just has Alex.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Would be nice to see a video trailer...soon.

I have been doing Darwin Ortiz effect The Lucky Deck many times - it´s a true worker in the real world. And, you can give away the pack at the end.
Lucky Deck has the "same" effect as Factory Blanks - so what is the advantage with Factory Blanks? I´m just curious.

[Lucky Deck: page 120 in the book - At the card table (1988) by Darwin Ortiz or watch the effect: Nothing But The Best Volume 3 by Darwin Ortiz (DVD)]

I like gimmicked decks, I have over 80 trick decks - so if this is a great prop I will probably buy it.
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2016, doriancaudal wrote:
Quote:

Ehmm... No video, no "trust the hype". Hype is generally not a good thing in magic Smile Nothing better than the true facts.

I don't know why Christian uses a negative word like "hype". There's no hyperbole involved, and if that's the assumption, I rather pull the piece from the market than have my integrity questioned. The prop is exactly what it is described to be, no more and no less. Hyperbole is neither present nor required.

It is just 5 days ago it was debuted and filmed at the Session convention. It will take a few days before that footage is edited and proveded with graphic intro and outro. So far, all discussions of the prop has been somewhat obfuscated. Those interested know exactly what it is, but it would take a mildly curious layperson a few minutes to deciphre what it means. It would be insane to put a video out on open forums that blatantly show the workings before the performance footage is out, and before anyone have even had the chance to use it in performance themselves. The true fact is that I'm using it in my own performances, and want to continue doing so.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Quote:
On Jan 14, 2016, doriancaudal wrote

Please do not buy it. I am sure some would be happy if you don't buy it.

Chinese Proverb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Factory Blanks by Tom Stone. (172 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL