The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Factory Blanks by Tom Stone. (172 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2016, The Baldini wrote:
I am still confused. Why would anybody want to exchange them if there's nothing wrong with them?

He was referring to switching the factory blank deck with a normal blank deck to hand out.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Man do I feel stupid, thanks for clearing that up for me.
funemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Asheville NC
230 Posts

Profile of funemagic
Hello - Factory Blanks looks amazing and like it would be a lot of fun to perform. I'm wondering if the person seeing the cards can handle the deck?

Thank you,

Eric
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2016, funemagic wrote:
Hello - Factory Blanks looks amazing and like it would be a lot of fun to perform. I'm wondering if the person seeing the cards can handle the deck?

Thank you,

Eric

Sure. There's no reason they couldn't.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Will it work well close up with one or two people? or is it better for stage use.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2016, The Baldini wrote:
Will it work well close up with one or two people? or is it better for stage use.

Performing it for one person won't work because they are only experiencing one reality.

It doesn't have to be stage; you only need about 3 feet of distance between the audience and volunteer.

In theory you could perform it for two people who were sitting on opposite sides of the room or at opposite ends of a dining room table.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I totally fell in love with the a ghost image appearing on the photo of a borrowed smartphone.
The SINGLE spectator can name any card and with only a bit work you can make this card image "ghostly" appear on a blank card that the spectator held up.

So yes, this deck also works close up.

The card cases are printed right now, but I will soon leave for two conventions and will not get to these boxes until end of March. Yes, we also have USPC seals.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Magic NAO
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Magic NAO
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2016, Card-Shark wrote:
I totally fell in love with the a ghost image appearing on the photo of a borrowed smartphone.
The SINGLE spectator can name any card and with only a bit work you can make this card image "ghostly" appear on a blank card that the spectator held up.

So yes, this deck also works close up.

Christian, I am very happy to hear that you like the idea. You are more than welcome!

Sorry, couldn't help to quote Smile
Magic NAO
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Magic NAO
And Christian, what I forgot, I would love to learn more details about your own version of the smartphone idea. Will you include your routine in the online instructions?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Yes, coming soon. At the moment I took the time to add a German and Spanish translation to the link.

Chinese Proverb
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
I bought this effect and I'm very disappointed with this effect. It will directly go to my drawer box.

First I thought that the spectator that pick up the card will see the card like ordinary Card and the rest audience will see the blank card.

What I mean the ORDINARY CAR is the card that have color (red and black) in the face. In fact IT IS NOT. The spectator will only see a glimpse of suit of the card NOT fully the ordinary card. The face of the card is not. It is not colored deck. (it is hard to explained without give away the method).
Even They give the patter that justify this situation, I'm still thinking It can't be fool the spectator that choose the card.
The spectator that choose the card will think "it will make sense that the rest audience will not see the face of the card because the distance"

If you like me that expecting this effect such as 100th Monkey where the words which written on the paper is REALLY-REALLY DIFFERENT if we see near and if we see from the far away, YOU SHOULD BE DISAPPOINTED. I warn you...
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Quote:
On Apr 9, 2016, knownmagician wrote:
I bought this effect and I'm very disappointed with this effect. It will directly go to my drawer box.

First I thought that the spectator that pick up the card will see the card like ordinary Card and the rest audience will see the blank card.

What I mean the ORDINARY CAR is the card that have color (red and black) in the face. In fact IT IS NOT. The spectator will only see a glimpse of suit of the card NOT fully the ordinary card. The face of the card is not. It is not colored deck. (it is hard to explained without give away the method).
Even They give the patter that justify this situation, I'm still thinking It can't be fool the spectator that choose the card.
The spectator that choose the card will think "it will make sense that the rest audience will not see the face of the card because the distance"

If you like me that expecting this effect such as 100th Monkey where the words which written on the paper is REALLY-REALLY DIFFERENT if we see near and if we see from the far away, YOU SHOULD BE DISAPPOINTED. I warn you...

Yep exactly and well said.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
A thread of 13 pages, videos showing the handling, and you expect a deck with regular faces? Really?

If you bought it from us directly, get in touch. If it is unused I am happy to trade it in. It would be sad if it ends up in the drawer.

Chinese Proverb
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
What are you on about card shark?!?! Not once in 13 pages does it show or say anywhere that the spectator does not see a 'normal' card! So anyone buying this based on the poor performances on the videos will just assume they see a normal card - which to be honest is what should happen. So don't have ago or be sarcastic at anyone who has/had this assumption.

All that mentions anything close is people taking about all the limitations and cautions when performing this e.g the lighting (and even in normal lighting the card is difficult to see), you having to do a test before performing and if they cant pass the test to start it doesn't look good, then you gotta 'try' this on someone else etc etc.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2016, MarcLavelle wrote:
The routine at the session, from my POV in the audience was:

Tom got out a double blank deck, threw it out to the audience, to nominate a spectator to join him. He then explained what the pack was, in that they hadn't yet been printed. He showed (displayed and let people handle) cards whilst doing this. He then asked the spec to look at a card (all done fairly). Tom then wrote the name of a card down on a large sketchpad, asked the spec to say what card he was thinking of, and of course it matched. He then did a similar thing, but the spec removed a card from the pack and held it close to him, Tom again revealed it on the sketchpad. - What was beautiful about this, is that the lone spec is still seeing an amazing magic effect. The audience is seeing a miracle, as the spec was showing front and back of the selected card.

Tom then closed the routine with a poker style effect.

This is an example of clear description:
As the spectator is NOT turned into a stooge but sees a magic effect, what does this implement?
A BLANK deck is shown, together with the spectator looking at the cards up close the performer explains that the cards hadn't been printed yet. And the whole script of Tom makes sense, for the audience as well as the spectator up close.
If the spectator would see regular cards up close, what would he then think? He would be turned into a stooge, a complice, helping out on a trick for the rest of the audience. No dual reality.

I am sure there are lots of other clear information shared in the thread, but I do not want to read through 13 pages again. Just read and watch Tom's performance video, that is why we have this forum and lots of opinions about the Factory Blanks deck. And then there is Prince who is happy to jump in again.

@Knownmagician: I mean it seriously, do not worry to contact me.

Chinese Proverb
kozmic kettle
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of kozmic kettle
I tend to say, "This is what deck of cards looks like before the colour is printed". To the participant, it accurately describes what they see. To everyone else, I'm just saying that the cards are blank.
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
Card Shark, Sorry if my post offend you.

I just give my opinion. I know we can pleased anyone but really, I don't understand the concept of this gimmick.

It is Dual Reality I agree but It can not fool the spectator. They know that card has a scratches and the will tell the rest audience about it.

If you say to the spectator about the card's look to justify it, still the spectator will think that this card can not be seen from the audience. It is because the face of the card is just like a smooth scratches of suit of the card. (please delete my post if I give too much about the method).
And the spectator will tell the rest audience what about he/she saw. It has no magical effect. Indeed the card is should be looked blank from the distance.

Once again just to show my expression about this effect.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
No offense, no problem.

You HAVE to do a magical effect with the spectator.
If you would do a trick like kids do (pick a card, fumbling to keep control over it etc, then receal it), then this would definitely fail. Even if it still could work for the audience.

I am NOT saying that you are doing that or that you do anything wrong, but please think about the right approach for the deck.

Chinese Proverb
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Knownmagician your wrong - how could you possible say that the spectator would talk to the audience at all - either during the interval, after the show etc - this most certainly would not happen so nothing to worry about where the spectator tells the story of what they seen etc etc. As much as a joke that is for me to say this is exactly what the so called master Tom stone said about this Hahahaha. I still laugh at that pathetic comment - just goes to show how defensive he got knowing this DOES happen with any stage/parlor and even close up set.

So your right what you are saying.

The reason I'm jumping in card shark is because AGAIN you come on here with absurd comments which AGAIN are/is not true - answer my post above where is says anything about what we as the buyer expect to buy about what they see as the card? Exactly - the assumption was/is that the spectator sees a full playing card AGAIN not anywhere on here does it say or go into detail of the seen card and what they exactly see - so don't say it does. So yeah anyone would expect a deck with regular faces - just cleverly disguised so people from a distance can't see the card. Because it doesn't say anywhere the deck is anything else or different (except for the colour)
On The Offbeat
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of On The Offbeat
Have to admit that even after having followed all the pages I thought the spec sees a regular card, so I don't believe that was ever made clear.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Factory Blanks by Tom Stone. (172 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL