The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Little Door by Roddy McGhie (139 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..36~37~38 [Next]
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
2097 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Reminds of me One-Car Garage by Jay Sankey except with a case and then rubbing away the lines. I love animated tricks that freeze in time and then can be examined, I also love Cardiographic, Business Card Cardiograph, Cartoon 1 and 2, and several others. Might have to get this one also.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Ordered it from Penguin and awaiting its arrival. In the meantime, was able to watch the 'Learn' video, and all I can say is Roddy is a freakin GENIUS!! Can't wait to play with this.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
If anyone wants to know my sure fire loading technique which although not necessary for some makes it 100% and has no negatives at all to the effect then feel free to pm me as I have shared it with over 50 people on the Café and the majority ( not all ) use it . You can also start with the gimmick loaded at the beginning and the necessary already done and bring the box into play face down . Then tell the story and turn over the box and introduce the secret door do the reveal and clean up as normal and it still goes well . I personally prefer the load but as I never like making a mistake if I can help it I prefer my loading technique which isn't rocket science by the way but is fail safe . Best wishes Tarik 😊
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2016, Tarik Flash wrote:
If anyone wants to know my sure fire loading technique which although not necessary for some makes it 100% and has no negatives at all to the effect then feel free to pm me as I have shared it with over 50 people on the Café and the majority ( not all ) use it . You can also start with the gimmick loaded at the beginning and the necessary already done and bring the box into play face down . Then tell the story and turn over the box and introduce the secret door do the reveal and clean up as normal and it still goes well . I personally prefer the load but as I never like making a mistake if I can help it I prefer my loading technique which isn't rocket science by the way but is fail safe . Best wishes Tarik 😊

I can vouch for Tarik's loading technique it gives you that extra piece of mind and have used it for over several months now. So once again thanks for your helpful contribution Tarik.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Pleasure Graham anytime , I am very pleased you have found it as useful as I have , all the very best Tarik 😊
bosque
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of bosque
I use Tarik's load as well. It really helps make easier what's already easy. It's a good idea.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks bosque was a pleasure to help Tarik 😊
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2016, gtx magic wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2016, Tarik Flash wrote:

I can vouch for Tarik's loading technique it gives you that extra piece of mind and have used it for over several months now. So once again thanks for your helpful contribution Tarik.

Graham

You don`t need a gimmick.
I have a handling where everything runs properly, without gimmick. Very easy!

"Little Door" my handling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa0LDvt5HhQ

Darko
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
With respect Darko that is turning it into a card force and trick and the whole premise ( ask Roddy if you don't believe me ) is to tell a story about something really cool a friend once showed you . You have done the absolute opposite with this and planting the whole pack on the deck ? No motivation for that at all . Sorry but adds nothing imo and negates the whole purpose , quirkiness and beauty of Roddys brilliant thinking not for me sorry and I bet 90% of others who own this on here will agree with me let's see as you seem to have missed the whole point of this effect imho Tarik 😊
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Dec 30, 2016, Tarik Flash wrote:
With respect Darko that is turning it into a card force and trick and the whole premise ( ask Roddy if you don't believe me ) is to tell a story about something really cool a friend once showed you . You have done the absolute opposite with this and planting the whole pack on the deck ? No motivation for that at all . Sorry but adds nothing imo and negates the whole purpose , quirkiness and beauty of Roddys brilliant thinking not for me sorry and I bet 90% of others who own this on here will agree with me let's see as you seem to have missed the whole point of this effect imho Tarik 😊

Tarik I think your gimmick will definitely help some people.

In my video it is only about "loading" handling ".

Whether I force the card before or does not matter. This is an incident.
You can show the routine as in the original, this is only about "loading handling".

I just wanted to show it goes without Tarik (loading) gimmick and indeed very easy.
I know what I'm doing and what I'm talking about.
If someone is interested in my "loading handling", please PM.

Darko
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yours doesn't need explaining at you are not loading at all you are just placing the cards on top of the deck and lifting straight off and putting in the box the whole point is it is supposed to look like the cards don't go near the box they just incidently pass by the box as they are being put away so what they see creates the perfect retention of vision you are completely missing the whole idea here 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Let's see what others think 😊
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
I like Tarik's modification and I also think Darko's handling is very good too. I thank them both for being generous and sharing it with Café members.
Nice to have options. Use whichever method you prefer.

AFA Darko's routine involving forcing a card, etc. I sometimes do it in a similar way myself but I don't actually have a spec pick a card, I still use Roddy's storyline and explain how I experienced it when it was shown to me. So I'm basically forcing myself a card. Smile Pretty much how Roddy does it IIRC, but I sometimes make the card appear to be selected a bit more haphazardly is all.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Yes videoman that works because you are basically taking the force card out of somewhere else in the spread and saying something like in this instance we will use this one etc . That's different than turning it into a card trick with arguable the weakest force there is and completeky covering the drawing for no reason . Maybe I am wrong but the whole idea is the storyline it's not another card trick it's engaging it's visual and ultimately very surprising with a strong kicker . It's nice for Darko to shsre but it's a massive step backwards in my book 😊
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Here's a couple of ideas to share...I begin with the gaff attached to the box and remove the cards with a wrist kill action. Now I can perform any trick that has a stacked deck such as "Spell-O-Matic" (which incidentally is fantastic as well). Following this opening effect, it's a simple matter of adding the gaff during the action of retrieving the marker from my pocket to get into the routine proper. BUT my little door matching card is also pencil dotted. This allows me to take a supposedly "random" card from a face down spread and move it to the bottom. To add motivation to the kissing action (or placement) of the cards on top of the box momentarily, I pry open the two little cardboard tabs inside the card box. The reasoning is that this will facilitate placing the cards into the box. The cleanup is the same as per Roddy's instructions. I echo the same enthusiasm as the other Café members...This is definately one of the best releases of 2016!
Roddy McGhie
View Profile
New user
Glasgow
54 Posts

Profile of Roddy McGhie
Thanks again for the continued support folks. I am truly humbled.
There have been so many fantastic effects released in 2016 so I'm honoured that Little Door is in the running for Trick of the year.
If you haven't voted in the thread and Little Door is in your top 3 then I'd very much appreciate your nomination.
Many thanks to those who have already voted for Little Door. It really does mean a lot to me x
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Where do you vote as I have to agree that this should be trick of the year.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2017, thehawk wrote:
Where do you vote as I have to agree that this should be trick of the year.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

and book of the year voting can be done here - http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=110
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
JOurneyjoe
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of JOurneyjoe
I ordered this from Penguin a week ago and it was supposed to ship on the 2nd of January but apparently they are not sure when it will ship. I assume production is taking longer than they expected?
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Anyone know when this will be back out?
I also ordered from Penguin on Dec. 29 and it was supposed to ship on Jan. 2.
I had to cancel my order because I did not sign up for a pre-order, which this turned into.
I know it is no fault of the Penguin. I will reorder it when it is in stock.

Thanks for any new info.

ACE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Little Door by Roddy McGhie (139 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..36~37~38 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL