The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Scribd (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Geeraff12
View Profile
New user
Tasmania, Australia
74 Posts

Profile of Geeraff12
Scribd. Many books and documents available for a fraction of the hard copy cost. Right or wrong?

From the Scribd sites FAQ's
Are authors paid when I read premium membership content?
Yes! Of course! We ensure our authors can continue doing what they love and write great books for our readers to enjoy by making sure they're compensated when their work is part of the premium membership service. Scribd has deals with our authors and publishing partners concerning payment for all the membership content. Basically, every time you read a title that's in the program we pay the author the full price of their work! Revenue that Scribd earns from monthly membership fees is paid to the original publishers or authors of the included titles based on the agreements we have with them every time you read their work on Scribd!
from http://support.scribd.com/entries/64067067-How-do-authors-benefit-from-Scribd-s-premium-membership-program-

Are there authors or their publishers in the Café that get regular royalties from Scribd. Are the claims above substantive?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Seems doubtful as I have seen some ebooks in there that are highly unlikely to be there with the original author's permission.

Jim
RJLockwood
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
162 Posts

Profile of RJLockwood
Have seen many magic books available on scribd (Most recently was looking for a Marlos Spade Book), judging by the fact that the 5 page previews look like someone took pics of the book with their phone or something, I would say it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY anyone but scribd is getting paid for these. Maybe authors of novels and more "public" stuff, but I would have to see definitive proof that Magicians are getting royalties off these before I change my assumptions about them.
The more I learn, the less I seem to know.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Scribd (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL