The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Review - Steam 2.0 (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jack
View Profile
Veteran user
365 Posts

Profile of Jack
My apologies if this has already been reviewed, I dug fairly deep into this section and couldn't find any, so I opted to write one. This piece of mental magic deserves it.
Steam 2.0 by Ali Nouira is based on Marc Salem's B.O.A.D. (Brother Of All Duplication) principle he created or should I say discovered 15 years ago or so. The method is something no one can figure out with the exception of maybe a scientist or someone who's familiar with this process and happened to be in the crowd. The method is scientific in nature and requires a certain set of principles and props working together in harmony for a very clever and crazily sneaky method for obtaining information written on a thick piece of business card stock and kept face down the entire time, even covered by the spectator's hands or other items. Nothing is ever slid underneath it nor is it ever raised off the table for any reason. The ink hasn't bled through the business card either. It's normal ink from a real, non-gimmicked black marker. Reading this and if you don't already know the secret, I imagine you're scratching your head right now on how this is possible. There are no gimmicks, shiners, quick peeks necessary, or virtually anything else used. This is what makes, in my opinion, this trick a very valuable addition to any arsenal. It's the ultimate method for retrieving secret information from card stock. No, the card stock isn't see-through either.

If there is one con in my opinion with this method it's in the way for which it works. I am splitting hairs here however as it's nothing that disappoints me nor would have swayed me from getting this had I known about it prior to purchase. Spectator management is required however at the beginning of the trick because certain things need to happen fairly quickly during that timeframe. A scientific process is happening and for it to work properly things must go at a quick yet reasonable rate of speed. The speed isn't too rushed or impractical in nature but something that I feel should be mentioned. After all it is pretty expensive. Once that deed is done however you're good to go and can take your time however slowly you want and fantastic amazement lies ahead! When times comes that you want to go further than the center-tear or peek wallet method, for maybe a more astute crowd, this trick fit's the bill. It certainly will leave them all wondering how the heck! The modus operandi of Steam 2.0 isn't new and clever ideas along this line have been released my magic greats, there are other practical and close in method ways out there for obtaining secret writings but none as clean and impossible in appearance as Steam 2.0

The magic kit for this trick is produced by Paul Harris and comes with more than I'll ever use in refill stock of the necessities. Though it is expensive it is very clever and well produced. There are countless things you can do with this and includes video tutorials of some nice variations, 'Steamed Herring' by Paul Harris, 'Photo Steam' by Andrew Gerard, 'Out of Room', 'Invisible Steam' (combined with the 'invisible deck' prop), and lastly 'Money Hustle Steam' by Doug Roberts & Ali Nouira. I have an idea of my own using this method as will probably you .

Highly Recommended.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10046 Posts

Profile of saysold1
In the original STEAM 1 from France - I do not ever remember Marc Salem's BOAD principle ever being mentioned over the course of many pages of discussion at the Café.

I'm extremely familar with Steam - been using it for around 6 years now.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1097 Posts

Profile of 252life
This is one of those few things that I really wish required a screening process before being sold Smile
It's so good.
I wish I had found it earlier, when I was banging my head against the wall learning CT's.
Anyway, FANTASTIC PURCHASE.
I'd buy it again at twice the price.
Don't want to, or have to, but.....yeah Smile

Have fun fellow loons.
JLemoine
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of JLemoine
Quote:
Anyway, FANTASTIC PURCHASE.
I'd buy it again at twice the price.

Do you mean it's a steal?
I'm glad you don't feel robbed.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
1097 Posts

Profile of 252life
The opposite of robbed.
It falls in a category for me..
The "I hope this doesn't get over popularized!" category.
I feel strong about this one.
It's a monster used correctly.

Seriously, it's shouldered it's way right into my must carry/use collection.

Great, great, great concept.
rasp
View Profile
Special user
966 Posts

Profile of rasp
252life....... you missed the attempted pun.
JLemoine
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of JLemoine
Jaypadilla720
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Jaypadilla720
I got this as well and I just can't wait for the refills to come out although I still have enough of steam 2.0 it's just that good I just might be willing to do another purchase..I also do have a question, is it possible to buy the exact props from steam 2.0 from stores like staple?
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of pawel
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2016, Jaypadilla720 wrote:
I got this as well and I just can't wait for the refills to come out although I still have enough of steam 2.0 it's just that good I just might be willing to do another purchase..I also do have a question, is it possible to buy the exact props from steam 2.0 from stores like staple?

Don't get me wrong but it looks like you got your hands of some kind of reveal of the effect and try to fish for props now. You won't find any help of that kind in here. If you really bought Steam 2.0 contact supplier or author. Most of the time they are able to help.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2550 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Everything needed is discussed on the video.
Jaypadilla720
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Jaypadilla720
I apologize to come out in that manner, but I do have steam 2.0 purchased through penguin, I only asked since refills is not available at the moment that I can find the specific items else where for now. But thank you for your help pawel.
Taterini
View Profile
Special user
604 Posts

Profile of Taterini
You can check at this site and ask when refills will be made available. Click the yellow contact tab and they should get back to you quickly.
http://paulharrispresents.com/
pawel
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of pawel
Let us know if find out please. I don't think I run out quickly but it's good to know anyway.
“Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.”
Jaypadilla720
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Jaypadilla720
Thank you taterini and I certainly will pawel
Jaypadilla720
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Jaypadilla720
Sent an email now wait for reply I'll keep ya posted
Jaypadilla720
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Jaypadilla720
Well I did get a quick response -----> So glad you are loving your Steam.  We should have refills to dealers the end of this month, so they will be getting out there very soon.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1483 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Refills are readily available and very cheap.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
mysticalsales
View Profile
Veteran user
339 Posts

Profile of mysticalsales
Here is what the refill includes:

Includes 2 markers and an 85 foot spool of the special thin paper that is needed. The card stock paper is not yet available

I would think anyone interested in the refill would really want the envelopes and card stock.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
The special paper can be bought anywhere. The card stock is much more difficult to find. I've not been able to locate a supply in the uk. Anyone have a source they could share with me?
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Feb 29, 2016, saysold1 wrote:
In the original STEAM 1 from France - I do not ever remember Marc Salem's BOAD principle ever being mentioned over the course of many pages of discussion at the Café.

In the Video he said Marc Salem only shared this with 7 people so that might be why

Best

Martin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Review - Steam 2.0 (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL