The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Does nobody have 3Cast by Paul Richards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LoveKey1988
View Profile
Elite user
443 Posts

Profile of LoveKey1988
It doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere on the whole magic Café. Does nobody have it?

Regards, Marian
craigwest
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of craigwest
Yes, I picked it up from Paul's stand at Blackpool this year.

Very happy with my purchase, it's *really* good.

Craig
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi Craig,

(Did searches & failed. Tomorrow, I was going to contact Mr. Richards, about it)

Could you describe the routine?

Thanks!
Sixten Smile
craigwest
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of craigwest
You split a deck into 3 similarly sized piles, and place a written prediction next to each. One at a time the spectator chooses a card from each pile, and each prediction proves to be correct. The method of selecting a card changes, and apparently gets fairer, for each pile. Both the nature of the prediction and the underlying method changes for each pile, so the spectator never catches up. Comes with a deck, you just need a marker pen so that you can set up the predictions in your own handwriting.

Craig
rbcjhollander
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of rbcjhollander
I just got 3Cast at a Penguin Expo here in LA. Love the routine. Just getting started with it and also surprised there's nothing here on the Café about it. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the 3rd prediction, which as you can see in the trailer is "24 hours." That's the only part I don't love. Playing around with some other ideas for that one to achieve the same result. Maybe "check back" for a double meaning or "drum roll please"? Really not sure yet. If anyone has any thoughts, would love to hear.
--

"Don't make unimportant things important." - Dai Vernon
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Thank you very much, Mr. Craig! (Really appreciated your quick reply)

Warmest regards,
Sixten Smile
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
In my opinion, this is the best effect of its kind available-in routine and method. The reason it's not mentioned all over the place is because it's only available from Paul if you see him in person- and that's a good thing. I would hate to see some attention-starved a**h*le exposing this on youtube.

For those who are interested, make the effort to see Paul in person. For those who have it, please appreciate how good it is and keep it to yourself.
KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
I grabbed 3Cast at Penguin Live last week in Boston, and I love it - but have the same reservations about the 3rd phase prediction. "Check Back Later..." isn't bad (I like adding "Later" as it plays to the timeline of the prediction a bit), but it feels like I'm ending on the weakest part of the routine. I'm not even really thrilled that when you turn it over it says the name of the face... but I already wrote those, so I guess I'm stuck there. Any other ideas for the third prediction? Even with this debate - maybe my favorite magic purchase of the year (along with Magik Balay's Monkey in the Middle)
Enclosureman
View Profile
New user
Johns Creek, GA
1 Post

Profile of Enclosureman
It has great potential for me as a corporate close up effect especially with the 3rd prediction. Not sure yet how I will use as I just bought the effect at GENII2017 in Orlando. I do agree the effect is pretty good and I am getting up to speed.
bprindle
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of bprindle
I have a new, unused 3cast. If anyone would like to purchase it, please message me.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2018, bprindle wrote:
I have a new, unused 3cast. If anyone would like to purchase it, please message me.

That good?
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I acquired 3Cast about a month ago. I watched the video tutorial via the link (and password) provided in the instructions and, after a little practice, performed the effect for my wife. She loved it.

Fast foward to today and I wanted to go back to the video tutorial for a refresher and the URL no longer works. I get a 404 error, page not found.

I shot an email off to Paul Richards but I'm curious if anyone else is having the problem with the tutorial URL?

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Well, the 3Cast instructional video URL is working again this morning.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
"3Cast" performance:
https://youtu.be/YxGQmxs64ao
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Does nobody have 3Cast by Paul Richards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL